• 75(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-04-27, 11:07)Jetpac Wrote: and everything runs smoothly including the IR?
would this box be a definite upgrade from an ATV2?

Works with an MCE remote out of the box for OpenELEC, and there's a driver any Debian based Linux distro.
(2014-04-27, 11:07)Jetpac Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 09:39)pjtpjt Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 05:25)two515ty Wrote: Nah, it's pretty easy IMO. I set mine up long ago and have never had to mess with it since. The only major issue I ever had (No HDMI audio with Legacy Boot turned on) was fixed with a bios update, and I've been using my box with no problems ever since. I will note that I'm using Windows 8. I think some people are running into some issues with Linux, but it's been pretty smooth sailing for me using Windows 8.

No more problems with Linux either. I have it to dual boot OpenELEC and Linux Mint for games. They both work perfectly.

and everything runs smoothly including the IR?
would this box be a definite upgrade from an ATV2?

Huge upgrade from an atv2 and IR is faultless with OE
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Anyone tried the new BIOS 032?

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23813/en...eNotes.pdf

EDIT: Works fine.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-04-27, 06:57)mstang1988 Wrote: My old school sony LCD TV takes in HDMI 5.1 (DTS/Dolby Digital) and passes it out the optical cable fantastically. I know it's a rarity but some do it. I refuse to replace my Rotel RSP-1068 to get 7.1 lossless.
Yep, seems the majority of those few sets that will do this, are Sony sets.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-04-27, 11:20)Jaman42 Wrote: If I was going to use a 2TB internal hard drive in this NUC and I would like to run XBMCBuntu on it. Would it be a good idea to get a USB 3.0 stick to install XBMCBuntu on, would it make a big difference navigating the menus in XBMC?

Are you sure that there's enough space for a 2tb drive? Some times ago i read somewhere that the 2tb drive are thicker more than the space in the nuc bay.
2.5" SSD or HDD with 9.5mm max height.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I've got 1 1.5tb hitachi in mine no issue
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2014-04-27, 12:11)xbs08 Wrote: Anyone tried the new BIOS 032?

Yeah I've tried it and so far it looks like it's working fine.

RLTW
(2014-05-01, 09:24)RideLikeTheWind Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 12:11)xbs08 Wrote: Anyone tried the new BIOS 032?

Yeah I've tried it and so far it looks like it's working fine.

RLTW

With the new bios and the new graphics driver, you can now remotely control (TeamViewer/Remote desktop) the NUC when the TV/amp is off - was not possible before
Hello everyone

I have been following this thread for sometime now and it has been very helpful.
Unfortunatelly I have a problem and that is why Iam writing today.
I have a nuc 2820 running openelec (3.95.7) connected to a pioneer vsx 922 and i only get PCM signal.
My connection is NUC -> VSX 922 -> TV.
Has anyone had a similar problem and if so is there a solution to it??
Thank you
(2014-05-01, 12:00)Cordo Wrote: With the new bios and the new graphics driver, you can now remotely control (TeamViewer/Remote desktop) the NUC when the TV/amp is off - was not possible before

I can remotecontrol my NUC just fine via Teamviewer on the previous BIOS, even tough my TV is turned off. (My NUC just arrived a week ago.)

But I have another Issue, I can't get any Sound if using passthrough, alltough my TV is capable of receiving both AC3 and DTS! Unfortunatly I was unable to install Windows 8 with Secure boot enabled, because Neither can I boot via PXE then, nor was I able to boot it from my USB Stick then. UEFI Boot however is enabled.

Do I need to have Secure Boot enabled/installed with, to be able to use Passthrough or not?

Greetings
David
Is anyone updating the OP with the latest drivers, bios, etc for a windows XBMC install? I really like the idea of having Windows as well as XBMC running for TV.
(2014-05-02, 16:23)vivithemage Wrote: Is anyone updating the OP with the latest drivers, bios, etc for a windows XBMC install? I really like the idea of having Windows as well as XBMC running for TV.

Grab the Drivers from the Intel Page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR...amilyId=36

Or just get the the driver Bundle, updated just yesterday:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...ldID=23418

Greetings
David
Hi I have the DN2820FYKH and have been using it fine for a week while on holiday.
Once back I hooked it up to the TV where it was supposed to replace the ouya but it would not boot
I am running the latest openelec Gotham beta.
TV is a old Hitachi plasma 1080i
The BIOS menu does not show on the TV (invalid screen frequency) and it usually freezes on the openelec boot screen but it has mad it to the xbmc Gotham boot screen and once even made it all the way in prior to freezing.
If I hook it up to a different monitor it boots fine.
I am unable to afford a new TV. I have been trying to follow this thread but it is quite big so I am sorry of the issue has been raised and solved.
Does your TV have 2 HDMI ports?
Try plugging it to other HDMI port.

My Samsung has 2 HDMI ports but can only access BIOS if the NIC is connected to the HDMI port that has RCA audio in [PC audio].
The other HDMI port gives invalid screen freq too but boot into OE fine... just can't access BIOS.

• 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5