Android XBMC 13 and HDMI passthrough
Hello,

I noticed that Gotham is finally released!. That is great!.

My question is this:

Does it support HDMI pass-through out-of the box?

My setup is this:
My minix X7 is connected via HDMI to the TV, and the TV is connected to a soundbar using optical wire. This sound bar was kinda cheap, so it has only one optical entry and no HDMI entries at all.
The minix Has HW guru rom 4a, and configured with HDMI pass-through.

Will XBMC finally give me proper sound, including Dolby-digital and DTS? It didn't support till now..

Regards, idid
You don't want passthrough in your setup. Your TV or soundbar isn't an AVR that will directly decode those formats. The reason it probably hasn't been working is that you've been trying to use passthrough for hardware that doesn't so passthrough,
(2014-05-05, 05:45)Ned Scott Wrote: You don't want passthrough in your setup. Your TV or soundbar isn't an AVR that will directly decode those formats. The reason it probably hasn't been working is that you've been trying to use passthrough for hardware that doesn't so passthrough,

So what should I use?
You need an AVR.
(2014-05-05, 07:29)ididid Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 05:45)Ned Scott Wrote: You don't want passthrough in your setup. Your TV or soundbar isn't an AVR that will directly decode those formats. The reason it probably hasn't been working is that you've been trying to use passthrough for hardware that doesn't so passthrough,

So what should I use?

Just turn the passthrough options off, then XBMC will handle the conversion.
XBMC doesn't do passthrough "out of the box" on MINIX (Rockchip devices in general, I think). You can find a modified version on the MINIX forums that does passthrough just fine. I don't know nor understand why XBMC team doesn't do this modification on the official builds.
(2014-05-05, 08:53)TTLucian Wrote: XBMC doesn't do passthrough "out of the box" on MINIX (Rockchip devices in general, I think). You can find a modified version on the MINIX forums that does passthrough just fine. I don't know nor understand why XBMC team doesn't do this modification on the official builds.

because it's a hack job which we do not want in official builds
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-05, 08:53)TTLucian Wrote: XBMC doesn't do passthrough "out of the box" on MINIX (Rockchip devices in general, I think). You can find a modified version on the MINIX forums that does passthrough just fine. I don't know nor understand why XBMC team doesn't do this modification on the official builds.

Koying said it was messy, and he's also the guy who made the modified minix version, so I'm guessing he knows. *shrugs*
Besides the xbmc hack, it also requires an android source hack, which makes it unusable on anything else than minix, anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13 and HDMI passthrough0