RK3188 - Confused, please help.
I love XBMC and I'm super excited about it's availability on Android Boxes. The devs have done a fantastic job.

Can someone please clear up the confusion around support for RK3188 based boxes in Gotham Final?

Is H/W acceleration working or not on these boxes?

If the answer is "Yes, H/W acceleration is working for RK3188 based boxes in Gotham Final", the follow-up question is:

Are all RK3188 based boxes equal with respect to H/W acceleration or do I have to weed out the ones that might not work ( as in H/W acceleration might work on boxes from vendor X but not vendor y )?

Regards.
I think most are working pretty good provided you have updated firmware for your box. I need to disable MediaCodec and only leave LibStagefright enabled in HW Acceleration settings for my MK888B and Q7 Quad to play 1080P fluidly.
Davilla or Koying, can you comment on my question?

Thanks.
No, not very interested in those devices and their problems. Sorry.
(2014-05-09, 17:17)davilla Wrote: No, not very interested in those devices and their problems. Sorry.

Okay. Thanks for taking the time.
My RK3188 stick is working with Gotham just fine. I watched a movie on it the other night. The stick itself kind of sucks because of poor connectors on the USB ports, but the chip itself is fine.

As far as I know, XBMC should work on all RK3188 devices.
it doesnt work on mine everything fails to load in xbmc, i was talking to sheepybach from another forum he had a look at my log for the CS968 and said the logs were wierd and they didnt look like they were from same device ?? he said there was a big thread about it on here :-( been trying to get this to work now for 2 days nearly 3 now im beginning to think its broke hardware issue ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RK3188 - Confused, please help.0