• 44(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
i just realised i can't get json requests to be accepted, any ideas why? i tried sickbeard and manually using curl commands but neither give any output on both the log nor do the action.
(2014-05-10, 20:19)fma965 Wrote: i just realised i can't get json requests to be accepted, any ideas why? i tried sickbeard and manually using curl commands but neither give any output on both the log nor do the action.

do you have the webserver enabled ?

<webserver>true</webserver>
<webserverpassword>******</webserverpassword>
<webserverport>8080</webserverport>
<webserverusername default="true">xbmc</webserverusername>

these are the relevant lines in my ~./xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file. (minus my password of course)
(2014-05-10, 20:22)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:19)fma965 Wrote: i just realised i can't get json requests to be accepted, any ideas why? i tried sickbeard and manually using curl commands but neither give any output on both the log nor do the action.

Yep, i'm kinda confused though, what files do i need to actually have? i mean executables, in /opt/xbmc-server i have xbmc-server and xbmcVideoLibraryScan

<webserver default="true">true</webserver>
<webserverpassword default="true"></webserverpassword>
<webserverport default="true">80</webserverport>
(2014-05-10, 20:25)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:22)sparklyballs Wrote:

Yep, i'm kinda confused though, what files do i need to actually have? i mean executables, in /opt/xbmc-server i have xbmc-server and xbmcVideoLibraryScan

run top and see if the thing is actually running or not, look for xmbc_server.bin or some variation thereof.
(2014-05-10, 20:27)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:25)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:22)sparklyballs Wrote: do you have the webserver enabled ?

run top and see if the thing is actually running or not, look for xmbc_server.bin or some variation thereof.
(2014-05-10, 20:31)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:27)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:25)fma965 Wrote: Yep, i'm kinda confused though, what files do i need to actually have? i mean executables, in /opt/xbmc-server i have xbmc-server and xbmcVideoLibraryScan

the only other thing i can think of is whether you have a password set or not. it may be affecting something. maybe sickbeard or whatever doesn't parse a blank password.
(2014-05-10, 20:36)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:31)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:27)sparklyballs Wrote: run top and see if the thing is actually running or not, look for xmbc_server.bin or some variation thereof.

the only other thing i can think of is whether you have a password set or not. it may be affecting something. maybe sickbeard or whatever doesn't parse a blank password.

Tried with password same issue, here is my log
http://fma965.me/66uI/a819a8
(2014-05-10, 20:43)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:36)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:31)fma965 Wrote: Image

I'm confused, because to my eyes that looks like it is scanning files.
(2014-05-10, 20:49)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:43)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:36)sparklyballs Wrote: the only other thing i can think of is whether you have a password set or not. it may be affecting something. maybe sickbeard or whatever doesn't parse a blank password.

Yes but thats only on startup, trust me no json request is being receieved, not via curl, sickbeard or http. also i'm assuming not but should the web interface work not the json part but the whole thing.
(2014-05-10, 20:52)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:49)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:43)fma965 Wrote: Tried with password same issue, here is my log

Yes but thats only on startup, trust me no json request is being receieved, not via curl, sickbeard or http. also i'm assuming not but should the web interface work not the json part but the whole thing.

the web interface should load.

i'd post a screenshot but i'm relatively new to linux desktop (netrunner arch) on this laptop that i don't know how to yet.
(2014-05-10, 20:56)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:52)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:49)sparklyballs Wrote: I'm confused, because to my eyes that looks like it is scanning files.

i'd post a screenshot but i'm relatively new to linux desktop (netrunner arch) on this laptop that i don't know how to yet.

Hmm ok, how did you build it? I may try rebuilding it from my guide i wrote since others dont seem to have issues with it, unless you built it differently? it's weird i always seem to have issues following my own instructions yet others have no issues :/
Fma965 I followed your guide on Ubuntu server 14.04 32bit and it doesn't seem to stay running. There's nothing obvious in the logs so I thought it might be due to my os but after seeing your comment it may be something else.
(2014-05-10, 20:57)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:56)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:52)fma965 Wrote: Yes but thats only on startup, trust me no json request is being receieved, not via curl, sickbeard or http. also i'm assuming not but should the web interface work not the json part but the whole thing.

Hmm ok, how did you build it? I may try rebuilding it from my guide i wrote since others dont seem to have issues with it, unless you built it differently? it's weird i always seem to have issues following my own instructions yet others have no issues :/

i pieced it together from info gathered here and actually wrote a tutorial on unraid forum giving full instructions that worked for me.
I started with a complete virgin installation of ubuntu server 12.04 running as a VM and i modified the installation slightly to allow scanning bluray rips correctly.

i copied my files to /usr/local/lib too.

here is the link

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.p...ic=33310.0
(2014-05-10, 21:01)brownbear1984 Wrote: Fma965 I followed your guide on Ubuntu server 14.04 32bit and it doesn't seem to stay running. There's nothing obvious in the logs so I thought it might be due to my os but after seeing your comment it may be something else.

Hmm thanks for that, although my xbmc-server does keep running i also don't see anything in logs but if it's not doing anything surely thats normal? Well if i get it sorted i will be sure to update/fix my guide.

(2014-05-10, 21:02)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:57)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 20:56)sparklyballs Wrote: the web interface should load.

i pieced it together from info gathered here and actually wrote a tutorial on unraid forum giving full instructions that worked for me.
I started with a complete virgin installation of ubuntu 12.04 running as a VM and i modified the installation slightly to allow scanning bluray rips correctly.

i copied my files to /usr/local/lib too.

here is the link

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.p...ic=33310.0

Hmm thanks i will try it out and see what happens Smile. Will keep you informed
(2014-05-10, 21:02)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 21:01)brownbear1984 Wrote: Fma965 I followed your guide on Ubuntu server 14.04 32bit and it doesn't seem to stay running. There's nothing obvious in the logs so I thought it might be due to my os but after seeing your comment it may be something else.

Hmm thanks for that, although my xbmc-server does keep running i also don't see anything in logs but if it's not doing anything surely thats normal? Well if i get it sorted i will be sure to update/fix my guide.

also i got the dependencies by using the XBMC ppa (information in the ubuntu.readme in docs folder of the git pull)

i also compiled taglib from another source than that given in the readme i mentioned above.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9