• 86(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-05-13, 09:28)nickr Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 09:00)jammyb Wrote: The icing on the cake would be if XBMC adopted a plex media server style library setup / or even a server headless program. Not the transcoding part. Just the library maintenance part. I don't like MySQL. Hopeful for XBMC's uPNP move!
what has this to do with NUC?

Nothing, it was a carry on from the first part of that post about how spot it is except for in my view the library control part.

Sorry!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Have you tried using a tool like Wireshark or similar, to log your network connectivity and stability? To analyze wether or not this is actually an OE/XBMC issue? ... did you check the router logs?

(2014-05-12, 20:18)visiter555 Wrote: According to Intel there is no such thing as a 2830, they are just keeping the same 2820 product name/number and utilizing a different part number and SKU. God help us from the wonderful world of Intel ostrich world.
Intels statement said that they were no longer making the N2820 processor, and it is being succeded by the N2830. Once their N2820 stock runs out, the N2830 processor will take its place. The Intel NUC model will keep the DN2820FYKH name, but at that point the processor in it will be the N2830.

Given that the model number is based on the "contained processor", I think its a shame they don't change the model name/number. "This" confusion is just one of many kinks in such a move. Depending on further production and sales it might take a while before this happens - so hopefully they'll change their mind when that day draws closer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-05-13, 14:11)pr0xZen Wrote: Have you tried using a tool like Wireshark or similar, to log your network connectivity and stability? To analyze wether or not this is actually an OE/XBMC issue? ... did you check the router logs?

I haven't, partly due to utter noobness, and partly due to lack of proper tinkering opportunity (I have a 2 year-old to keep me occupied!) I'll look into Wireshark now, thank you for the suggestion.
Hello..everyone. ..just a question.i got my nuc yesterday..installed openelec 4.0..everything is well..and good..impressed ..but the problem is ..the nuc doesnt power down .its kike it just reboots back...im using openelec 4.0. On a usb 3.0 8gb patriot supersonic xt stick.no ssd or hdd installed just for the meantime..any ideas guys whats wrong..thanks..
(2014-05-13, 11:34)jammyb Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 09:28)nickr Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 09:00)jammyb Wrote: The icing on the cake would be if XBMC adopted a plex media server style library setup / or even a server headless program. Not the transcoding part. Just the library maintenance part. I don't like MySQL. Hopeful for XBMC's uPNP move!
what has this to do with NUC?

Nothing, it was a carry on from the first part of that post about how spot it is except for in my view the library control part.

Sorry!

Jammyb

Check out Mediabrowser3 server, with XBMC plugin. XBMB3
http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...99-xbmb3c/

Great plugin and server
Question 
I'm torn between DN2820 and something like the Tronsmart Vega s89. The latter being quite a bit cheaper, but doesn't seem to be available yet in the UK. I've got a budget of £200
I'm only looking to stream video to the TV in my bedroom, with occasional web browsing (mostly SD) and music, but it needs to be user friendly as the GF is a total technophobe and she's never used XBMC, to be honest I only started using it a couple of months ago. It'll be replacing an ageing XP desktop.

I just get the feeling I'll regret buying an android device over the NUC.
For what you wrote, the NUC works perfectly, you can choose whichever operating system you want, all drivers are working out of the box.
This can't be said for the Amlogic Android boxes.
I have got a DN2820 with 4 GB ram and 120 GB SSD running Windows 8.1 + XBMC Gotham and it works perfect, but when I try to play a 1080p mkv in VLC the movie is stuttering and the cpu usage goes to 50-60% (1 core 100%?) - seems like VLC is not using the gfx-hardware and tries to play the movie with software rendering?! Anyone who can help me set up VLC and Youtube (same problem with 1080 content) to use gfx hardware instead of software? I have checked the option: "Accelerated video output (Overlay)" in VLC.
(2014-05-13, 21:08)Cordo Wrote: I have got a DN2820 with 4 GB ram and 120 GB SSD running Windows 8.1 + XBMC Gotham and it works perfect, but when I try to play a 1080p mkv in VLC the movie is stuttering and the cpu usage goes to 50-60% (1 core 100%?) - seems like VLC is not using the gfx-hardware and tries to play the movie with software rendering?! Anyone who can help me set up VLC and Youtube (same problem with 1080 content) to use gfx hardware instead of software? I have checked the option: "Accelerated video output (Overlay)" in VLC.
Nothing to do with XBMC sorry.

(2014-05-13, 16:20)daveaka Wrote: I'm torn between DN2820 and something like the Tronsmart Vega s89. The latter being quite a bit cheaper, but doesn't seem to be available yet in the UK. I've got a budget of £200
I'm only looking to stream video to the TV in my bedroom, with occasional web browsing (mostly SD) and music, but it needs to be user friendly as the GF is a total technophobe and she's never used XBMC, to be honest I only started using it a couple of months ago. It'll be replacing an ageing XP desktop.

I just get the feeling I'll regret buying an android device over the NUC.
Go with your feelings on that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why the heck do you post that vlc doesn't work on the xbmc forum?
Its like saying w8.1 doesn't work on the Ubuntu forums!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Why so harsh on him? While his post doesn't belong here, this forum has a lot of AV experts and its possible someone can help him out since its one of the few places the NUC is widely discussed.
Because VLC has it's own support channels.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-13, 23:23)nickr Wrote: Because VLC has it's own support channels.

Exactly. Thread is big enough without getting derailed with random questions out of left field.
(2014-05-13, 22:09)xbs08 Wrote: Why the heck do you post that vlc doesn't work on the xbmc forum?
Its like saying w8.1 doesn't work on the Ubuntu forums!

Thought this thread was about DN2820?! - Others had problems with bios or install of Windows and got help in this thread, so thought someone could help me with my problems!

Sorry for any inconvenience - will try asking in more tolerant forums.
It's NOT about DN2820 in general.

It's about XBMC software on Intel NUC DN2820 hardware.

To run XBMC on the Intel NUC DN2820 you need OE/Win/Linux and most likely an up-to-date BIOS.

Don't search for tolerant forums, search for VLC forums.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5