• 28(current)
Xbmc not working for blind users.
Ok so pushing comtypes worked. I have to say, it is significantly more responsive on the local network than over the internet. Guess thats an obvious statement, lol. Smile

While it seems to be working fine, Im still throwing errors. Can you tell me what these are and if im still missing a dependency of some sort?

Im guessing ctypes is not same as comtypes?

http://pastebin.com/fYSDmtw9
(2014-05-19, 03:27)Traker1001 Wrote: Ok so pushing comtypes worked. I have to say, it is significantly more responsive on the local network than over the internet. Guess thats an obvious statement, lol. Smile

While it seems to be working fine, Im still throwing errors. Can you tell me what these are and if im still missing a dependency of some sort?

Im guessing ctypes is not same as comtypes?

http://pastebin.com/fYSDmtw9
ctypes is part of the python standard library and is in fact used by comtypes.

You need to install numpy. That should be the last thing. Sorry I didn't remember to mention that. I always forget it needs numpy.
Bingo works perfectly now. Thank much.

I have to say with most recent release the add-on has been really really stable. I have not had anymore crashing.

Just a thought, Wonder about splitting the release between stable/beta type.
(2014-05-20, 01:46)Traker1001 Wrote: Bingo works perfectly now. Thank much.

I have to say with most recent release the add-on has been really really stable. I have not had anymore crashing.

Just a thought, Wonder about splitting the release between stable/beta type.

I need to create a stable repository, so I can post stable versions there, and continue posting my random development versions in the current one. That way, if people don't want to put up with my constant possibly buggy updates, they can just use the stable repository.

Technically, there have been no versions I would call stable. I feel we're still alpha at this point. But I agree it would be better if people had the ability to have only fairly stable updates.
I know you have alot you'd like to do it, But isn't alpha stage more of a super buggy beginning. Beta, Still has bugs but functional and Stable well, stable?

So wouldn't it be more Beta? LOL. Big Grin

But back to my original thought, Actually, I was thinking that if something breaks we have a relatively stable version to easily roll back to an compare with, This way If something breaks I can determine if it was due to update of the addon or something I broke before I post anything.

An unrelated question I had, So I know I am correct when I put this in the Wiki, Your Very handy windows Installer automatically download latest release of the addon, Correct?
(2014-05-20, 02:05)Traker1001 Wrote: I know you have alot you'd like to do it, But isn't alpha stage more of a super buggy beginning. Beta, Still has bugs but functional and Stable well, stable?

So wouldn't it be more Beta? LOL. Big Grin

I consider beta stage is when you're getting ready for release. All the release features are there, but you've expanded to a larger testing base to get any remaining bugs and issues. Right now I'm pretty much adding features daily Smile

(2014-05-20, 02:05)Traker1001 Wrote: But back to my original thought, Actually, I was thinking that if something breaks we have a relatively stable version to easily roll back to an compare with, This way If something breaks I can determine if it was due to update of the addon or something I broke before I post anything.
Well, currently you can roll back to previous versions as XBMC has that functionality. I can't actually mark a version as beta or stable or anything, other that just stating that is stable or whatever.
ruuk Wrote:I consider beta stage is when you're getting ready for release. All the release features are there, but you've expanded to a larger testing base to get any remaining bugs and issues. Right now I'm pretty much adding features daily Smile
OK Laugh

Quote:Well, currently you can roll back to previous versions as XBMC has that functionality. I can't actually mark a version as beta or stable or anything, other that just stating that is stable or whatever.

Not if you have a bad habit of uninstalling it then re-installing it, lol. Laugh Or worse, past few installations were from scratch, I mean XBMC and all, in between versions, lol. Guess I could just keep a couple revisions on my nas though..
(2014-05-20, 02:31)Traker1001 Wrote:
Quote:Well, currently you can roll back to previous versions as XBMC has that functionality. I can't actually mark a version as beta or stable or anything, other that just stating that is stable or whatever.

Not if you have a bad habit of uninstalling it then re-installing it, lol. Laugh Or worse, past few installations were from scratch, I mean XBMC and all, in between versions, lol. Guess I could just keep a couple revisions on my nas though..

I always thought that it pulled the old versions from the repository, but I guess not. I just checked.

In any case, all the previous versions are on my repository here.
Oh cool. That's perfect.
If we enabled a voice control function, I would encourage that to be a separate addon, thread, and potentially work force. Often times the accessibility apps come with magnification. Are thre already magnification addons or functions like that in xbmc?
(2014-05-21, 01:50)jhall Wrote: If we enabled a voice control function, I would encourage that to be a separate addon, thread, and potentially work force.
I agree.
(2014-05-21, 01:50)jhall Wrote: Often times the accessibility apps come with magnification. Are thre already magnification addons or functions like that in xbmc?
I don't think so. It would be pretty hard to implement as well I think.
I noticed doing a checkout takes a _LONG_ time and really I'm looking for a tree for the http python server. I want to every once-in-a-while do a git pull, or whatever it's in so that I don't have to keep downloading a zip file, copying it over, unzipping it etc. Is it also in a repository?
(2014-05-21, 02:13)jhall Wrote: I noticed doing a checkout takes a _LONG_ time and really I'm looking for a tree for the http python server. I want to every once-in-a-while do a git pull, or whatever it's in so that I don't have to keep downloading a zip file, copying it over, unzipping it etc. Is it also in a repository?
My GitHub repositories are HERE.
Thanks! I should have done some reading before asking that question. Smile
(2014-05-21, 01:50)jhall Wrote: If we enabled a voice control function, I would encourage that to be a separate addon, thread, and potentially work force. Often times the accessibility apps come with magnification. Are thre already magnification addons or functions like that in xbmc?

Seems a while back I saw something about a skin that had larger fonts and the contrasted colors. However, I would be willing to bet there is no need for magnification addon as programs like Zoom text, Magic and such are not application dependent and will magnify whatever is on the screen at any givin time, this includes XBMC.

Quote:If we enabled a voice control function, I would encourage that to be a separate addon, thread, and potentially work force.

This has been done. No need to re-invent the wheel. Do a search for voxcommand or see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kR2C6IeaPw
Or even couple remote apps make use of Siri or Google equivalent such as Yatse.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc not working for blind users.5