• 7(current)
Release [beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released
@saulfred, I'm impressed as to how this skin has developed! I can't really fault your design style, though I do have a few observations and a "nice to have" request or two.

1. When turning on the "highlight first letter while scrolling", it will occasionally overlap with other text (primarily on tv shows).

2. If a TV Channel logo is not widescreen, it is cut off in the OSD rather than scaled.

Nice to have list.

1. The fullscreen OSD when playing music doesn't seem to display fanart. I don't believe I have this option turned off, but even if I do, I can't seem to find where in the menu I'd turn it on.

2. Option to adjust the fade on the background fanart.

3. Option to increase the size of the time on the main menu (and potentially put the temp there as well vs just having an icon)

4. The "working. . ." is a little obscure, and I occasionally miss that it's working in the background. Any thoughts on a different way to distinguish when it's processing a command?

Again, thanks for all your hard work on this. It has really come together nicely. It has already become my default skin for my primary XBMC installation.
(2014-05-19, 09:00)deletedpenguin Wrote: @saulfred, I'm impressed as to how this skin has developed! I can't really fault your design style, though I do have a few observations and a "nice to have" request or two.

1. When turning on the "highlight first letter while scrolling", it will occasionally overlap with other text (primarily on tv shows).

2. If a TV Channel logo is not widescreen, it is cut off in the OSD rather than scaled.

Nice to have list.

1. The fullscreen OSD when playing music doesn't seem to display fanart. I don't believe I have this option turned off, but even if I do, I can't seem to find where in the menu I'd turn it on.

2. Option to adjust the fade on the background fanart.

3. Option to increase the size of the time on the main menu (and potentially put the temp there as well vs just having an icon)

4. The "working. . ." is a little obscure, and I occasionally miss that it's working in the background. Any thoughts on a different way to distinguish when it's processing a command?

Again, thanks for all your hard work on this. It has really come together nicely. It has already become my default skin for my primary XBMC installation.

1) Noticed it, is on my todo list
2) Can you provide me a screenshot which OSD you mean? There a 3 different. The one with the player controls, the info OSD and the channel OSD. (keys: c, i, enter).

Next ones:
1) Also have this problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I assume it has something to do with the artwork slideshow plugin. I will rework this part to display the stored fanart.It makes no sense to use the artwork slideshow addon when it won't work the most of the time.
2) This can be done by yourself when you edit the color xml file. A description is how to do it is in my last reply in this thread.
3) No plans for it sry, But the I will add the temp in future.
4) Don't know what you mean. The working in the upper left corner? I like how it is done in the Bello skin. Maybe I will port it.

And thanks for your suggestions/feedback!
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Thanks for the reply mate!

RE: OSD, it's when you hit "i". Will screenshot when I get a minute.

RE: color xml file, I missed that. Will check it out. Thanks.

RE: the working message, yes. The one in the upper left corner.

Appreciate the feedback! Thanks.
New package with small improvements is up.

Changes:
- Fix for the info osd TV channel logo. But I cannot test it. Can you confirm that the problem is solved @deletedpenguin?
- Fixed: Pagecontrol letters while scrolling won't overlap anymore
- Clock size is bigger, added temp.
- New working/loading style
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Thanks sualfred. I like the new changes, however unfortunately the channel logo issue (when pressing "i") was not fixed. In fact, the channel menu (when pressing "c") is now exhibiting the same issue.

Everything else looks great.
wtf. I don't even changed things to the channel osd window.
I have to test it at home. Don't have any tv card here at work.
Is it possible to add an overlay around the topbar area. I noticed 2 things:

1 - If you're watching a video with a very light background, you can't make out the time etc.
2 - If I initiate a scan, the text sits on top of the time/date area and you can't make out anything.

Thanks,

Shedrock
Thanks for the reply about potential colour options Smile

If i could just make a few of comments in addition regards the Music section...

- I've noticed this was also in ReFocus Big, and also a couple of other skins i've used, but the Album Art is not Square, which leads to the left and right sides being cut off slightly. This is particularly noticeable if the Typography goes right across the Album Cover, so it ends up cutting off Letters.

- I also use the Arctic skin, and like how when i select the Music section from the Home Screen, that it goes straight to the Artists. Does anyone know how to go about skipping the 'Albums, Artists, Genre...' selection screen that usually shows between the Home Screen and the actual Artists?

- Is there any chance of a view that utilizes CDArt in the future?

Thanks Smile
(2014-05-20, 00:57)shedrock Wrote: Is it possible to add an overlay around the topbar area. I noticed 2 things:

1 - If you're watching a video with a very light background, you can't make out the time etc.
2 - If I initiate a scan, the text sits on top of the time/date area and you can't make out anything.

Thanks,

Shedrock

1 -> Yep, will be added when I have time to rework the OSDs
2 -> What do you mean with scan? Can you provide me a screen?

(2014-05-20, 01:32)SarahB Wrote: Thanks for the reply about potential colour options Smile

If i could just make a few of comments in addition regards the Music section...

- I've noticed this was also in ReFocus Big, and also a couple of other skins i've used, but the Album Art is not Square, which leads to the left and right sides being cut off slightly. This is particularly noticeable if the Typography goes right across the Album Cover, so it ends up cutting off Letters.

- I also use the Arctic skin, and like how when i select the Music section from the Home Screen, that it goes straight to the Artists. Does anyone know how to go about skipping the 'Albums, Artists, Genre...' selection screen that usually shows between the Home Screen and the actual Artists?

- Is there any chance of a view that utilizes CDArt in the future?

Thanks Smile

1 -> For the non square thing: Sry, but you have to live with it. I prefer a real square cover art more. Otherwise there would be other glitches.
2 -> I also prefer artist as the mostly used filter option but I don't know if everybody else would like it.
3 -> Yep, will be added. The OSDs are going to be reworked completely. I also add this "fake cdart" option as I did for tv shows.
Hey, can someone please provide some mirror for downloading? Dropbox is blocked here.
^ There was talk of getting this on github, but with all the work that sualfred has done on the skin, I'm not sure it was a priority.
Just a short preview of the revised OSD panels:

Maybe I get it done today
This skin is awsome I think this one will replace ACE skin on my computer Smile. I can't wait for a stable version. Are we able to add custom menus, to load addons and stuff? And support for advance launcher would be great!

Thank you for a great job!
qzem:
Thanks. It's stable enough to use it as main skin. Custom menus is supported. You have two "my menu" options which you can configurate as you want.
Update
- revised the OSD screens for: music/live tv/videos (see screenshots)
- fixed: Fanart displaying issue while music playback
- should be fixed: Aspectratio/crop issue with TV logos (pls test deletedpenuin)
- Ported: Bello music visualization scrolling text (can be disabled)
- Added Bello like "working" notification
- Added option to auto hide the music info panels
- Changed some dialogs (still not all done yet)
- Adjusted the clock in the upper right corner
- Added CDart to the music visualization screen. If no CDart is available, a fake cd with the album cover + artist name is displayed instead

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released22