• 35(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
Infinite loops are a bitch Wink I'm glad that is resolved.

I've got one more request...
Pressing the info button on the remote while watching live tv, shows duration and description from the epg of the tv show that is currently being watched. There are only two lines of text for the description. Is it possible to have this text scroll vertically so the whole description can be read from there?

oh, btw, what does the little icon at the upper right corner next to the time tell me? I'm not sure what to make of it...
Running Gotham w/ reFocus RC2.

During playback, OSD does not show time played/left/etc. I can play, pause, stop, subtitle, etc but no way to see how long the video has played, or has left.

Is this intentional, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
(2014-05-20, 08:06)gcmvanloon Wrote: I've got one more request...
Pressing the info button on the remote while watching live tv, shows duration and description from the epg of the tv show that is currently being watched. There are only two lines of text for the description. Is it possible to have this text scroll vertically so the whole description can be read from there?
I'll squeeze this in for the Gotham version. I will make it a global setting to enable or disable autoscroll in the Helix version.

Quote:oh, btw, what does the little icon at the upper right corner next to the time tell me? I'm not sure what to make of it...
It means weather information is unavailable or not set. The area is meant for notifications / media overlays, when there are none I let weather info take it's place.

(2014-05-20, 09:21)juggie Wrote: Running Gotham w/ reFocus RC2.

During playback, OSD does not show time played/left/etc. I can play, pause, stop, subtitle, etc but no way to see how long the video has played, or has left.

Thanks.
The OSD info does display those, however the OSD menu you are talking about does not. Let me guess, Apple remote?
(2014-05-20, 09:30)Jeroen Wrote:
I'll squeeze this in for the Gotham version. I will make it a global setting to enable or disable autoscroll in the Helix version.
Thanks for that! You're the best.
(2014-05-20, 09:30)Jeroen Wrote:

Quote:oh, btw, what does the little icon at the upper right corner next to the time tell me? I'm not sure what to make of it...
It means weather information is unavailable or not set. The area is meant for notifications / media overlays, when there are none I let weather info take it's place.

(2014-05-20, 09:21)juggie Wrote: Running Gotham w/ reFocus RC2.

Thanks.
The OSD info does display those, however the OSD menu you are talking about does not. Let me guess, Apple remote?

Amazon FireTV remote actually. But I am in the process of setting up proper IR receivers for them so I can use my Harmony Remotes.
(2014-05-21, 03:38)juggie Wrote: Amazon FireTV remote actually. But I am in the process of setting up proper IR receivers for them so I can use my Harmony Remotes.

Ah I see, using a Harmony you should have no problem getting to both Smile

At least the Fire TV remote has a couple more buttons than the Apple remote though. Couldn't you use a keymap to map "menu" and "info" to different buttons when in fullscreen video?

To Apple remote users:
Just a general question out of curiosity. I stumbled onto this wiki page and I saw it mention holding / long pressing buttons (which I thought XBMC didn't support) Wouldn't this allow using the menu button to open the osd menu and long pressing it to open the osd info with a custom keymap?
(2014-05-21, 08:57)Jeroen Wrote: To Apple remote users:
Just a general question out of curiosity. I stumbled onto this wiki page and I saw it mention holding / long pressing buttons (which I thought XBMC didn't support) Wouldn't this allow using the menu button to open the osd menu and long pressing it to open the osd info with a custom keymap?

It's been a while since I've used the ATV at all, so don't quote me on this, but from what I rememeber there were two buttons (center and menu) that you could long press.
I'm not sure if this is specific to the ATV, though, or if maybe the remote itself sends two different IR codes when long pressing or not.
So with this as a guide, changing this section:

PHP Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <
joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <
button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <
button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
      <
button id="3">StepBack</button>
      <
button id="4">StepForward</button>
      <
button id="5">OSD</button>
      <
button id="6">Stop</button>
      <
button id="7">AudioNextLanguage</button>
      <
button id="8">SmallStepBack</button>
      <
button id="9">Rewind</button>
      <
button id="10">FastForward</button>
      <
button id="11">FastForward</button>
      <
button id="12">Pause</button>
      <
button id="13"></button>
    </
joystick>
  </
FullscreenVideo

to

PHP Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <
joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <
button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <
button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
      <
button id="3">StepBack</button>
      <
button id="4">StepForward</button>
      <
button id="5">OSD</button>
      <
button id="6">Stop</button>
      <
button id="7">AudioNextLanguage</button>
      <
button id="8">Info</button>
      <
button id="9">Rewind</button>
      <
button id="10">FastForward</button>
      <
button id="11">FastForward</button>
      <
button id="12">Pause</button>
      <
button id="13"></button>
    </
joystick>
  </
FullscreenVideo

Remaps button 8 to "Info", which enables long pressing the menu button to show the OSD info. You would lose the SmallStepBack function, though you would still have the normal and big step backward functions. Making compromises is inevitable with such a limited remote.

I don't have an Apple remote though so I can't test this out. If someone would like to test this config (or a variation on it of course) I would be happy to include this in the FAQ / documentation.
reFocus for Gotham available

reFocus 1.1.2, the Gotham stable release of reFocus, is available through the repository add-on.

As of now, any bugs that arise using this release will be fixed on Git and scheduled for a backport to the Gotham version as XBMC 14 Helix is incompatible with XBMC 13 Gotham. Depending how many issues arrise my best guess is that these maintenance releases will take place once a month or so.

Development on the Git master branch will focus on implementing changes needed for Helix. The current XBMC nightly builds break compatibility with Gotham, and therefore with this skin. If you are determined to use XBMC nightly builds and want to use reFocus on them, you are going to need to wait for my announcement in a separate thread soon. Even then, expect breakage and issues.

Thank you everyone for testing, translating and supporting.
Congratulations, refocus is one of the best and I'm glad to have participated in are developing and improving. Continued to give us beautiful thing!
I just update Refocus with Repo, and there is a small bug on the list view. When I descend down the list and I returned to the home, when I contains the list, the picture frame-nf is no longer available.

Jeroen, I finally found some time to both update my system to Gotham and install and use your skin and I really want to say thank you for providing us (me) with such a great XBMC experience.

I had used an older version of Refocus, at the time in a really slow ATV2, but using it on RaspPi+Gotham, it's a completely different pleasure!

If you don't mind me picking your brain and asking a few questions, here I go:

1) I have one video add-on, that does not let me choose any View Type besides "List" on ReFocus. The same add-on allows me to choose among many other views in Confluence, including "Thumbnail" which is much more appealing for its content.
Is this something Skin related, or should I contact the add-on developer to work something out?

2) I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, but...
- Main menu, going into "TV Shows" and then to "In Progress"... I get the shows in progress. Good!
- Going back to Main Menu -> "TV Shows" -> "Browse"... It takes me back again to the shows in progress, instead of "all shows" and it takes me quite a few remote clicks to achieve that.

For Movies however, everything seems to be working. "In Progress" shows me those movies and "Browse" just shows me everything.

3) PVR! (I know, right?)
3.1) Scrolling trough the "TV - All Channels" list (before actually selecting a channel and watch it), the green progress bars of the before a lot wider than they actually are. On my Mac it's almost unnoticeable, but on the lowered performant RaspPi it's easy to spot the green bars becoming bigger while scrolling. It's not a huge deal, just thought I could mention it.
3.2) While playing a channel fullscreen and switching to another one through the list, the info bar overlaps the list. In Confluence, this bar does not pop up when the "All TV Channels" window is opened.

4) In the TVShows widget, pressing "Enter" on a show will take you to the list of episodes of that show, which is nice.
With Movies, it starts playing the movie directly. It would be nice to be able to play the trailer before going into the movie. Maybe the "i" key could be mapped and show information of that movie? That would allow us to go watch the trailer, cast, etc...

5) Last but not least, is it too late for me to help out with one translation?

Not that that's out of the way, let me go to my couch and enjoy ReFocus a little more! Big Grin Thank you, once again!
Hey, I've put together a script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml which matches the original TV Guide style but with the variables changed to fit the alternative week style offered in the newer versions of the addon. It's on my GitHub fork if you want to take a look and merge in to the skin if you see fit. The only other change I needed to make was to add some variables in to nextaired_Header.

Limitation is 'Yesterday' will be shown/hidden as set by user in the addon settings, however, the number of days shown is fixed at 7 days (not including 'Yesterday' data). Adding in the possible 15 days max would be pretty trivial but I think it clutters the page and looks better set at one week of data.
Just updated 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 (is this not an automatic update?)

Reapplying my settings and noticed the option 'Enable media overlays' but can't seem to figure out what exactly it enables!

Sorry for such a silly question, but does anybody care to explain?

Also, I am having trouble with conditional weather fanart. Is this feature supported in this skin?
Hi Jeroen,

I have a weird bug that I don't know if anyone else is facing. When video is playing, if I move the mouse or press "Enter" the small options box comes up in the center of the screen. and if I hit backspace to clear the box, XBMC freezes and needs to be force quit to close.

As I haven't seen anyone else report this problem, I don't know if it's only affecting me.

Secondly, and you may likely already be aware, I cannot update the skin in the current Gotham 13 beta 2.

Finally, while watching tv shows, hitting "i" still brings up the fanart on the bottom left but no logo imposed over it. The logo is there during movies however.

Thanks again for all your work.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14