• 11(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
Test image for the Pivos XIOS M3 is available for download.
This has not been tested (the only test volunteer is AWOL), do not install on your device if you don't got a recovery image and know how to recover bricked device.
You'll probably lose the boot logo (device will still enter recovery without it).
Please post if this works for you.

M3_LINUX-XIOSM3-update-20140526.img

@Chico0106

No, at the moment I prefer to avoid messing around with TLBB as this device gets official support by J1nx and I do not wish to add to his workload figuring out users' issues that may or may not introduced by images that I compiled.
@dhead
Thanks for the A11 image. Ran it today and tested a bit with some of my content.

The only things of interest is that 1080p MKVs seem to stutter a bit. I have to see if it's some wierd background processing that's taking up time, but no such apparent issues on the 12.x images.

That and the USERDATA folder, but that's not a big deal yet.

I'll test some more and post back, thanks for the build regardless!!!

sam
@mac905

A11 build runs perfect, you probably didn't wait for the device to finish downloading addons updates.
Same for me , A11 build is good and stable. Still have to use an external USB WiFi module (no builtin broadcom drivers) on my ATV100 stick,\

Thansks for the image!
@momo

I'll add enabling Broadcom drivers to my todo list.
Be aware that the on the MX platform (Corey's build) the drivers weren't enabled due to unknown issues so we might experience the same difficulties (someone built MX images that works great with the driver but as usual didn't shared the code).
I've got the ATV120 & ATV520E (still in the closed package) so if the same wifi chip is used it would be possible for me to debug this.

It would much help if you can upload a kernel boot log of Android (I think with SysLog app you can do that) so we could confirm which kernel module is loaded for the Broadcom wifi chip.
(2014-06-01, 22:14)dhead Wrote: @momo

I'll add enabling Broadcom drivers to my todo list.
Be aware that the on the MX platform (Corey's build) the drivers weren't enabled due to unknown issues so we might experience the same difficulties (someone built MX images that works great with the driver but as usual didn't shared the code).
I've got the ATV120 & ATV520E (still in the closed package) so if the same wifi chip is used it would be possible for me to debug this.

It would much help if you can upload a kernel boot log of Android (I think with SysLog app you can do that) so we could confirm which kernel module is loaded for the Broadcom wifi chip.

I know that build has Broadcom drivers in the ketnel:

http://www.jynxbox.tv/threads/114-XBMC-1...ALL-Models
(2014-06-01, 18:57)dhead Wrote: @mac905

A11 build runs perfect, you probably didn't wait for the device to finish downloading addons updates.

hehe, okies, i'll get back to testing it some more after it's had a chance to do it's thing. What I noticed was that it wouldn't quite hold 23.98 fps with the 1080 content.

Either way, the UI itself is way more snappy.

cheers
(2014-06-02, 03:23)momo Wrote: I know that build has Broadcom drivers in the ketnel:

http://www.jynxbox.tv/threads/114-XBMC-1...ALL-Models

Just another GPL violator, this doesn't helps.
Android kernel log !
Ok, I had to revert back to Android to get that syslog zip file ..

There is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Crhb4...sp=sharing

I hope is ok for you
@momo

Great, it looks like the ATV100 got the same wifi chip used in the more recent Geniatech dual core MX devices, it's Broadcom bcm40181 (fw is fw_bcm40181a0.bin, maybe there're sub-models for the chip).

If nothing will go wrong I'll add the driver to the next build.
Great,

Thank you very much.

PS I also tried your XIOS image (post 151) on the same ATV100 stck and its running great and fast , HDMI-CEC also working good.
@dhead - finally got round to getting a log for you in regards to the audio issue with streams at 22,050 (or anything below 44k I think). This is on the Gotham builds. Ok on Frodo. Log here -

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=217769

I played a stream where it was an issue and then a stream that plays ok and then another one with the issue again

Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers.
(2014-06-05, 12:59)dlxs84 Wrote: @dhead - finally got round to getting a log for you in regards to the audio issue with streams at 22,050 (or anything below 44k I think). This is on the Gotham builds. Ok on Frodo. Log here -

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=217769

I played a stream where it was an issue and then a stream that plays ok and then another one with the issue again

Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers.

It sounds like the issue I am having, the devs have a solution but my testing wasn't very successful, maybe dhead will have better luck

Does the sound crackle?
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
Does this Linux work on Geniatech ATV1200?
Yeah same issue as you I think, sound can crackle and video in slow motion. Plays ok on my newer MX with gotham. Happy to test and help out in any way I can
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7