• 302(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
gotta say - just did some tweaking and added a few custom last.fm chans. this is amazing. thank you luna.

*edit* luna - have you ever tried adding more than 1 last.fm chan? once I added a second one the egp only shows last.fm2 across the board and the original chan shows the same track over and over but info is different.

for those looking to manually modify their settings2.xml I highly recommend notepad++
(2014-06-04, 19:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 19:01)bry- Wrote: I personally disable all navigation sounds in xbmc. just my pref though.

Luna - think you could maybe fix the spacing for the two items below -

- maybe move them in a bit so they are not at the edge of the screen. and add weather perhaps?

weather is planned, been busy with code... after you send me your logos i'll fix it.

(2014-06-04, 19:17)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 18:34)Lunatixz Wrote: I just checked with and without Hebrew and Greek characters, both worked.

You need to double check file access to those directories...

hi
i checked permission on both directories. i tried both SMB, NFS and copied the movies locally to the xbmc machine but still no success.

i scraped with a hebrew scrapper, the channels didnt populate, same movies but with a english scrapper, it worked.

so its still the non english character bug (only in the movie's title and not the info)

i created a new install with a default clean PTVL and it still the same

can you send me the title of a tvshow that is in hebrew with it's tvshow.nfo and an example episode name with nfo.
thanks

its not tvshows that the problem.
its only movies - the title ,info and genre are in hebrew.
so i created playlists for the genre but the movies with hebrew title are not being populated.
i will see movies like "42" or "1408" or any movies with english titles. all of them will show the info of the movie in hebrew just fine.
it was working great a few releases ago.

to where do you want me to send you the nfo file & the log?
(2014-06-05, 04:31)bry- Wrote: gotta say - just did some tweaking and added a few custom last.fm chans. this is amazing. thank you luna.

*edit* luna - have you ever tried adding more than 1 last.fm chan? once I added a second one the egp only shows last.fm2 across the board and the original chan shows the same track over and over but info is different.

for those looking to manually modify their settings2.xml I highly recommend notepad++

If I remember the code correctly, it's really only designed for one channel.... You can make multiple channels but the cache would consider them all the same.

(2014-06-05, 07:51)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 19:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 19:01)bry- Wrote: I personally disable all navigation sounds in xbmc. just my pref though.

Luna - think you could maybe fix the spacing for the two items below -

- maybe move them in a bit so they are not at the edge of the screen. and add weather perhaps?

weather is planned, been busy with code... after you send me your logos i'll fix it.

(2014-06-04, 19:17)EZ1976 Wrote: hi
i checked permission on both directories. i tried both SMB, NFS and copied the movies locally to the xbmc machine but still no success.

i scraped with a hebrew scrapper, the channels didnt populate, same movies but with a english scrapper, it worked.

so its still the non english character bug (only in the movie's title and not the info)

i created a new install with a default clean PTVL and it still the same

can you send me the title of a tvshow that is in hebrew with it's tvshow.nfo and an example episode name with nfo.
thanks

so i created playlists for the genre but the movies with hebrew title are not being populated.
i will see movies like "42" or "1408" or any movies with english titles. all of them will show the info of the movie in hebrew just fine.

PM me the info, dropbox link? however you want to send it....

I''ll recreate your exact show in my library so that I can test for errors... I did the same for one of tromy's tvshows, which helps me catch errors.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-06-05, 14:28)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 04:31)bry- Wrote: gotta say - just did some tweaking and added a few custom last.fm chans. this is amazing. thank you luna.

If I remember the code correctly, it's really only designed for one channel.... You can make multiple channels but the cache would consider them all the same.

Lunatixz - anychance you could add the option to have 2 chans perhaps? Unfortunately not everyone in the house has the same music preferences but we all have active last.fm accts.
(2014-06-05, 07:51)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 19:25)Lunatixz Wrote: weather is planned, been busy with code... after you send me your logos i'll fix it.

thanks

PM me the info, dropbox link? however you want to send it....

I''ll recreate your exact show in my library so that I can test for errors... I did the same for one of tromy's tvshows, which helps me catch errors.
[/quote]

PM you the info you requested
thanks
Hi
am i the only one who is cannot exit the plugin without the machine freezing on a blank screen?

it does display the exiting window but then it just hangs on a black window.
tried it under windows and linux.

thanks
(2014-06-05, 15:33)EZ1976 Wrote: Hi
am i the only one who is cannot exit the plugin without the machine freezing on a blank screen?

thanks

the way I worked through issues like that was by keeping multiple settings2.xml-lastfm, settings2.xml-youtube, settings2.xml-vevo, files - I would copy/paste the configs from each into the primary settings2.xml that ptvl uses and do a force chan refresh on next run. Time consuming but ensures that things are working piece by piece. may be worth a shot for you to try to see where the issue is.
(2014-06-05, 15:35)bry- Wrote:

thanks

the way I worked through issues like that was by keeping multiple settings2.xml-lastfm, settings2.xml-youtube, settings2.xml-vevo, files - I would copy/paste the configs from each into the primary settings2.xml that ptvl uses and do a force chan refresh on next run. Time consuming but ensures that things are working piece by piece. may be worth a shot for you to try to see where the issue is.

i am talking about a brand new install with only 3 lines in the settings2.xml.
thats why i think its deeper than that
(2014-06-05, 14:37)bry- Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 14:28)Lunatixz Wrote:

Lunatixz - anychance you could add the option to have 2 chans perhaps? Unfortunately not everyone in the house has the same music preferences but we all have active last.fm accts.

yeah, i'll add to next update...

(2014-06-05, 15:38)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 15:35)bry- Wrote:

thanks

i am talking about a brand new install with only 3 lines in the settings2.xml.
thats why i think its deeper than that

when you exit, final settings are written to the settings2.xml... important to let it be... if it's freezing, send me a log... but from my experience this happens when (I/O is taxed, saving large setting2, or xbmc is working a lot of background jobs).
Would 4 be too much? Wink
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-06-05, 15:57)bry- Wrote: Would 4 be too much? Wink

I don't feel comfortable pushing it more then two.

Any more would hammer the api, which wasn't design to work the way I use it. BTW there is a weekly cache in place so no new videos for a week...
(2014-06-05, 16:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 15:57)bry- Wrote: Would 4 be too much? Wink

I don't feel comfortable pushing it more then two.

Any more would hammer the api, which wasn't design to work the way I use it. BTW there is a weekly cache in place so no new videos for a week...
that's fine 2 is perfect for my use case. was just thinking of the other folks. appreciate the prompt response.
@Lunatixz

Thanks for the recent update. The EPG is stable and responsive for me now. I gave ther interleaving another shot today, but cannot get it to work at all Confused

I have tried creating

channel 1 - Movie genre
Rule: Interleave channel 2

channel 2 - directory based channel

No luck

then tried

channel 1 - directory based channel

channel 2 - Movie genre
Rule: Interleave channel 1

No Luck

Then I tried

Channel 1 - Tv Genre kids

Channel 2 - TV Genre Supernatural
Rule: Interleave channel 1

Still no luck. Here is a LOG
Maybe you can see something. All the files are local, so the permissions should be ok. Is there anything you can suggest I try?

Also I have been on Gotham for a while now and in the past PTVL was only able to be used by adding the c:/ as a source. Mine has been like that all along. but today I removed it saw no ill effects. Is it ok to not have the C:/ as a source now?
Sickbeard/Couchpotato integration? I see it says map the record button, I assume this is in keymaps.xml. Is there an example of this mapping anywhere?
@luna

Hey, had some trouble figuring out How to update PseudoTV Live. After some searching for a while, I found an excellent step-by-step instruction list by TROMY on page 255:

(2014-03-15, 10:59)tromy Wrote: 1. Go to the first page of the thread and download "latest master".
2.Delete "script pseudo live" from C/app data/xbmc/addons/
3.Delete "cache" from C/app data/xbmc/userdata/addon data/script pseudo live/
4.Extract the file you downloaded to C/app data/xbmc/addons
5 .Start xbmc and see the settings of pseudo live tv to see what's new and configure
6.Start pseudo live tv and enjoy!

Just thought you might want to add it to page 1.

Also, is anyone running the Titian Skin? The EPG looks completely different at times and I honestly don't know how it's supposed to look. Sometimes it loads up like this:

Other times it loads like this:

And lastly like this:

My guess is that it is supposed to look like picture 1. I was wondering if anyone knows what artwork file it's looking for in the area I circled in red? It looks to be the image that it properly sees in picture 3.

I honestly prefer the way the guide looks in picture 2 because of the transparency...if that is easy to enable, does anyone know how?

Thanks in advance.
  • 302(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45