• 55(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-07-02, 01:15)henrava Wrote: Thanks to both of you. Finally i understand what watchlist is (very powerful !).
Just a idea: write a little info in the addon.xml, for new users.

Also i begin to understand how the script.skinshortcuts works. I'm reading the manual now.
A question: is possible to provide an element not-erasable by the user?

I never expected anyone would actually read the addon.xml. I'll be sure to add a decent description into it.

You're reading the manual? I know I write OTT documentation (because I feel it gives me moral right to then moan at people who don't provide docs Wink) but I didn't realise I'd written a manual! Just so you're aware, it's almost entirely aimed at skinners - about the only thing relevant to users is the section on overriding an action in Advanced Usage.txt.

I can see the use of blocking the deletion of an item by the user, so I'll add it to my todo list. Won't be quick to implement, though (there's a lot of other code to write first.)
Thanks for the great skin, i use it on my OpenElec RPi and it works great.
Only thing I can think of is an option to have the weather icon on the top right corner enabled/disabled
(2014-07-02, 01:44)Unfledged Wrote: I never expected anyone would actually read the addon.xml. I'll be sure to add a decent description into it.

You're reading the manual? I know I write OTT documentation (because I feel it gives me moral right to then moan at people who don't provide docs Wink) but I didn't realise I'd written a manual! Just so you're aware, it's almost entirely aimed at skinners - about the only thing relevant to users is the section on overriding an action in Advanced Usage.txt.

I can see the use of blocking the deletion of an item by the user, so I'll add it to my todo list. Won't be quick to implement, though (there's a lot of other code to write first.)
Well Unfledged, what for you is a simple readme, for me is a manual ! Tongue
Seriously, you provide a lot of info with the script, and i thank you for this. I'm not a skinner, but i like to mod the skins according to my needs.
If i have more questions is better to go in the script thread and leave this clean.
(2014-07-02, 17:44)henrava Wrote: If i have more questions is better to go in the script thread and leave this clean.

Yes please (and it's also worth adding feature requests as an issue on github so I don't forget about them, though I'll make sure to remember about user-locked shortcuts)
Just noticed this one...the episode number/date line doesn't appear to be formatted correctly when displaying the watchlist using the BigList view. That line looks ok when displaying episodes under the TV Shows section.

(2014-07-03, 06:24)bryanbrazil Wrote: Just noticed this one...the episode number/date line doesn't appear to be formatted correctly when displaying the watchlist using the BigList view. That line looks ok when displaying episodes under the TV Shows section.

Fixed for next release, cheers!
Thought I would give an update on recent developments. I've had quite a few evenings of hair pulling as i have gone through coding at least 10 different widget implementations. They all ended up not working the way I want, not working at all, or posing limitations on flexibility, performance or not being able to use with multiple home menu layouts.

I think I am on the right track now though, but I am still running into some issues I need to solve.

As it's looking right now the new widget system will allow you to:

- Set a separate widget for every main menu item
- Choose to either hide the widget until accessed (by using right on the main menu) or to always show the widgets (they will then change upon changing the main menu selection)
- Use the same widgets, but with different navigation, on two home menu layouts
- Set a smart playlist as a widget

All in all this is turning into a bigger update than I planned / expected. So it will take a little longer.
Just updated to Gotham and so happy to see this skin back up and running. Looks more gorgeous than ever! One query... Would it be possible to have the old banner view from refocus. Think it was called stack or something similar? Loved that view.
(2014-07-04, 10:41)Jeroen Wrote: Thought I would give an update on recent developments. I've had quite a few evenings of hair pulling as i have gone through coding at least 10 different widget implementations. They all ended up not working the way I want, not working at all, or posing limitations on flexibility, performance or not being able to use with multiple home menu layouts.

I think I am on the right track now though, but I am still running into some issues I need to solve.

As it's looking right now the new widget system will allow you to:

- Set a separate widget for every main menu item
- Choose to either hide the widget until accessed (by using right on the main menu) or to always show the widgets (they will then change upon changing the main menu selection)
- Use the same widgets, but with different navigation, on two home menu layouts
- Set a smart playlist as a widget

All in all this is turning into a bigger update than I planned / expected. So it will take a little longer.
Can't wait to try it out. Smile I know what it's like to spend hours/days to get it just right, appreciate your work on this.
(2014-07-04, 10:59)BuhSnarf Wrote: Just updated to Gotham and so happy to see this skin back up and running. Looks more gorgeous than ever! One query... Would it be possible to have the old banner view from refocus. Think it was called stack or something similar? Loved that view.

Thanks! It was called Deck Smile I took it out because it only really suited tv shows well and I already added an extra banner viewtype. Since then support for movie banners has been added so I guess the viewtype would have more use now. I rarely use banners though. So that's not a no I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath either Wink

(2014-07-04, 16:09)bryanbrazil Wrote: Can't wait to try it out. Smile I know what it's like to spend hours/days to get it just right, appreciate your work on this.

Let's just say it's a challenge to work within the boundaries / constraints Smile
That's the one. Was definitely the best view - better than the one in xperience in my opinion! Much nicer than the current banner view.
I hope Jeroen won't mind me posting this here - if you do, let me know and I'll remove it. I've written an update to the Watchlist script used by this skin, adding two new features for the episode watchlist - displaying the next unwatched episode (as opposed to the first unwatched - for those of us who watch seasons out of order), and displaying the first unwatched episode of recently added series.

As with all such new features, I could do with help testing it. The source is at https://github.com/unfledged/script.watchlist (select "Download Zip" from the right, though you will probably have to manually extract it to your addons folder). Just to be clear, both new methods need to be enabled from the scripts settings - accessed from the context menu whilst the watchlist is shown. And, due to the nature of how they work, both WILL be slow on lower end hardware such as the Raspberry Pi - doubly slow if you enable both of them.

Any feedback is appreciated, especially if the lists don't display things in the order you expect! Many thanks in advance Smile
Any guides or suggestions on making the Left Bar / Main Menu a little more transparent? I have used the Gray color.xml file that was posted back in the thread, but am missing the older style of reFocus. Otherwise, this is a great skin, and I've used them for years on my devices, and love the support and attention to detail that is spent on this...
Nice to see refocus on official repo. What took you so long Tongue
Really awesome skin, fantastic job Jeroen!

I have a question concerning the poster in list view. The resolution seems a bit low. If I change the artwork via the information screen I download a high resolution poster which looks perfectly fine an "hd like".
However after restarting the poster does not look "hd like" anymore. Do I have to change a setting for that or is that intended?
Cheers!
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14