• 351(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Thanks! I'm running Arch Linux, are there any specific packages that I should install? I install the rtmp library but that didn't seem to fix anything.
0.4.7 Seems to be working well. Best release yet, thanks!
hello loving the plugin.. great work ... does it work with "youtube channel plugin"? i already have the youtube channel plugin setup thx
It wont let me update for some reason. It pops up that an update is available, I click OK, then it shows the download screen for about 2 seconds, during which time nothing happens. Then it pops up the 0.4.6 changelog. After clicking back to make the changelog go away, I have to restart XBMC in order to launch PseudoTV again.

I completely uninstalled it, including SSHing in and deleting the userdata for PTVL, then rebooted. Then installed the new master. It wanted to update still, but did the same thing. I turned on debugging, and then rebooted, and took this log after attempting to update it again.

http://pastebin.com/rBJkuyNx
Quick question, Do the Bumpers need to be in a specific file format. I know the one I recieved through donor options are avi. I have some mp4 bumpers and I just can't seem to get them to work even with channel resets.
(2014-07-10, 10:18)wobbly Wrote: hello loving the plugin.. great work ... does it work with "youtube channel plugin"? i already have the youtube channel plugin setup thx

Yes, it works. Check post #2
(2014-07-10, 03:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 03:37)wiz561 Wrote:
(2014-07-09, 03:33)Lunatixz Wrote: You mean pseudotv live! Let's keep things clear... no need to refer to another plugin.

Try disabling find missing guide data.

Yup, I was talking about pseudotv live. I had everything run through the process last night, and again tonight, when I started psuedotv, it started going through and updating all the channels with the xml data. I stopped that process and ran mc2xml only grabbing 24 hours of data using the command:

Code:
./mc2xml -c us -g <zip> -s -1 -d 24

This shrunk the file significantly. I also disabled the 'find missing guide data', and restarted pseudotv, and it's still taking forever to start it up. Approximately 30 seconds to a minute per channel and there's about 70 channels. I'm guessing that it has to be something that I'm doing wrong because I can't imagine people waiting a half hour just to start pseudotv and watch tv everyday.

Does it normally take this long to start pseudotv? Are people using it with mc2xml and a pvr backend (mythtv)? Are they experiencing similar issues?

Thanks!

Shouldn't take that long... but it's not the fastest process.
what r your system specs? is you xmltv file over network or local?

The XMLTV is local on the hard drive of the box. PseudoTV is running on a Zotac HD-ID11 box, which is an Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz Dual-Core with maybe like a gig of ram. I have it running on OpenElec as well. The scans that take the longest are the livetv XML part. I have mythtv-backend running on another box, but I really believe it is stalling on the XML parsing part. From what I can gather, it looks like it analyzes a channel, parses the program history, and then stores it in a m3u file. I agree with you, it shouldn't be taking this long...

While running the psuedotv parsing xml part, the CPU is pretty much at idle and not really waiting on anything. If I turn on debugging within pseudotv, does it log it to the xbmc.log file, or a different file?

Thanks
(2014-07-10, 10:18)wobbly Wrote: hello loving the plugin.. great work ... does it work with "youtube channel plugin"? i already have the youtube channel plugin setup thx

Read posts 1-3

(2014-07-10, 13:52)wiz561 Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 03:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 03:37)wiz561 Wrote: Yup, I was talking about pseudotv live. I had everything run through the process last night, and again tonight, when I started psuedotv, it started going through and updating all the channels with the xml data. I stopped that process and ran mc2xml only grabbing 24 hours of data using the command:

Code:
./mc2xml -c us -g <zip> -s -1 -d 24

This shrunk the file significantly. I also disabled the 'find missing guide data', and restarted pseudotv, and it's still taking forever to start it up. Approximately 30 seconds to a minute per channel and there's about 70 channels. I'm guessing that it has to be something that I'm doing wrong because I can't imagine people waiting a half hour just to start pseudotv and watch tv everyday.

Does it normally take this long to start pseudotv? Are people using it with mc2xml and a pvr backend (mythtv)? Are they experiencing similar issues?

Thanks!

Shouldn't take that long... but it's not the fastest process.
what r your system specs? is you xmltv file over network or local?

The XMLTV is local on the hard drive of the box. PseudoTV is running on a Zotac HD-ID11 box, which is an Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz Dual-Core with maybe like a gig of ram. I have it running on OpenElec as well. The scans that take the longest are the livetv XML part. I have mythtv-backend running on another box, but I really believe it is stalling on the XML parsing part. From what I can gather, it looks like it analyzes a channel, parses the program history, and then stores it in a m3u file. I agree with you, it shouldn't be taking this long...

While running the psuedotv parsing xml part, the CPU is pretty much at idle and not really waiting on anything. If I turn on debugging within pseudotv, does it log it to the xbmc.log file, or a different file?

Thanks

Not sure what your slowdown is... xmltv parsing is a slow process, but you should only notice it on first build. After that, it should load faster. For me with enhanced on it takes about 5 seconds per channel.

(2014-07-10, 11:54)Dalton63841 Wrote: It wont let me update for some reason. It pops up that an update is available, I click OK, then it shows the download screen for about 2 seconds, during which time nothing happens. Then it pops up the 0.4.6 changelog. After clicking back to make the changelog go away, I have to restart XBMC in order to launch PseudoTV again.

I completely uninstalled it, including SSHing in and deleting the userdata for PTVL, then rebooted. Then installed the new master. It wanted to update still, but did the same thing. I turned on debugging, and then rebooted, and took this log after attempting to update it again.

[/quote]
you need to manually update
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-07-10, 13:27)kristina27 Wrote: Quick question, Do the Bumpers need to be in a specific file format. I know the one I recieved through donor options are avi. I have some mp4 bumpers and I just can't seem to get them to work even with channel resets.

No problems with avi, mp4 or mkv formats.But FLV are not loading for some reason.
Just make sure the Channel Name matches the bumpers directory, e.g:

Fox channel: ...\Bumpers\Fox
(2014-07-10, 14:29)Tarkules Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 13:27)kristina27 Wrote: Quick question, Do the Bumpers need to be in a specific file format. I know the one I recieved through donor options are avi. I have some mp4 bumpers and I just can't seem to get them to work even with channel resets.

No problems with avi, mp4 or mkv formats.But FLV are not loading for some reason.
Just make sure the Channel Name matches the bumpers directory, e.g:

Fox channel: ...\Bumpers\Fox

Correct, FLV are a little fickle... You can also try the new internet bumper option... it adds bumpers from a community list of vimeo and youtube videos. It's easy to customize you just need to become a community contributor.
CinemaExperience banners for those who use the chan, credit to @CinemaVision, CinemaVision.org
(2014-07-10, 14:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 11:54)Dalton63841 Wrote: ...

Call me misinformed... Isn't that what I did?
(2014-07-10, 15:11)Dalton63841 Wrote:

remove ptvl completely, exit xbmc, open xbmc, install again manually - that should do the trick
(2014-07-10, 15:16)bry- Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 14:14)Lunatixz Wrote: you need to manually update

remove ptvl completely, exit xbmc, open xbmc, install again manually - that should do the trick

As per what I said before, I uninstalled PTVL via XBMC interface, then SSH in and deleted userdata/script.pseudotv.live, then rebooted, then installed the newest master from zip. Is there something about the process I'm doing that is empirically wrong?

Nope if you did you wouldn't be prompted to update... since you manually did it... make sure you dl correct version and make sure to reboot after installing to insure latest code was loaded.
  • 351(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45