• 6(current)
Release [BETA] Persona
(2014-08-18, 22:39)player594 Wrote: I'm having a problem on my Nexus 7 2012 tablet. The home menu isn't showing anythingImage

I haven't had time to check that Persona is using the skin shortcuts script as I expect, but this looks like a standard problem with not having the script installed. A link to the script on the repo - and if you're manually installing it (rather than Install from zip file), a link to it its primary dependancy. (Hint, install ALL new scripts and skins via System > Add-Ons > Install from zip file. This will ensure any dependancies are installed, even if you have to manually install updates in the future).

(2014-08-18, 22:48)sup3rlativ3 Wrote: Not sure if this is a bug or just unfinished but the pvr section is just black. It well make noise when trying to move but won't play anything and there is literally just black on the screen.

You're using Helix, right? It's very VERY early in that versions development (we're not even at beta yet) to expect WIP skins to be supporting it, unless they explicitly say they do.
Thought that may have been the case. Thanks for everything else, running and looking great!

@unfledged no, I'm using Gotham for my main machine and helix in a vm for my own skin dev needs.
(2014-08-18, 23:15)sup3rlativ3 Wrote: Thought that may have been the case. Thanks for everything else, running and looking great!

@unfledged no, I'm using Gotham for my main machine and helix in a vm for my own skin dev needs.

My apologies Smile Confirmed, on Gotham (and ensuring the menu has Gotham-era live tv shortcuts), all live tv shortcuts lead to black screens. @Eddage, if you don't support live tv in your skin you need to provide at least a default main menu without a live tv entry, or you'll get this regularly Smile

(2014-08-18, 23:15)Eddage Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 22:48)sup3rlativ3 Wrote: Not sure if this is a bug or just unfinished but the pvr section is just black. It well make noise when trying to move but won't play anything and there is literally just black on the screen.

Haven't touched the PVR section yet so it's not meant to work yet :p

Apologies, only just seen this Smile (My comments regarding default main menu stand, though Wink)
(2014-08-18, 23:23)Unfledged Wrote: @Eddage, if you don't support live tv in your skin you need to provide at least a default main menu without a live tv entry, or you'll get this regularly Smile

You're absolutely right, I don't use PVR so never see it and forgot it was in the default menu. I'll add it to the list!

(2014-08-18, 21:41)Eddage Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 03:06)jamesdm Wrote: Im testing on my Rpi and for some reason the list view i unable to see the posters in both movies and series.

Do the posters show in other views such as 'poster' and 'info panel'?

Yes it does. Also tested on Windows install and shows the posters in list mode.
Also when is pause the info about the current file playing is missing.
As soon as I installed. I even deleted it from xbmc's folder reinstalled and got the same thing.
(2014-08-19, 01:29)player594 Wrote: As soon as I installed. I even deleted it from xbmc's folder reinstalled and got the same thing.

Thats a shame Smile

Now, what happens if you delete from XBMCs folder and reinstall the two dependencies (script.skinshortcuts and script.module.unidecode) that I linked to? If it still doesn't work after that (which it will - except you can't delete them because at least one of them isn't installed), provide a full debug log (wiki).
(2014-08-18, 23:38)Eddage Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 23:23)Unfledged Wrote: @Eddage, if you don't support live tv in your skin you need to provide at least a default main menu without a live tv entry, or you'll get this regularly Smile

You're absolutely right, I don't use PVR so never see it and forgot it was in the default menu. I'll add it to the list!

I have a LiveTV setup and can give access for testing purpose if wanted?
Yeah I'll test LiveTV too if that is desired.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Got it to work by installing through xbmc. But I have no movies tab. Just music, weather, home, settings, and TV. And no I haven't changed any settings.
Just pushed a small update that fixes some of the problems you guys have found...

Changelog:

23/08/2014 - 0.5.1
[FIX] Increased clock width to accommodate amp/pm
[FIX] Removed duplicated button at bottom of home menu customisation window
[FIX] Added a background to selectdialog when home menu customisation window is open
[FIX] Removed PVR from default main menu (will add back when PVR section is coded)

Thanks for all your work Eddage! Can't wait for the pvr section as it's the only thing left in my eyes but I can work around by using the remote on my phone.
should i clean install new version or will installing on top work just fine?
is search bar from Home menu working for everybody? is not working for me in my android box with both versions.

Thanks
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Very, very nice! An absolutely beautiful skin!

Love the clean lines and great use of colour highlights, makes it a really professional job.

Looking forward to it's eventual completion (PVR support mostly)

Hopefully I can drum up some support on the Media Browser Forums to warrant XBMB3C integration.

Keep up the good work!

All the best from Derbyshire Wink
Lead Developer @ TheGamesDB.net

+a bazillion for pvr support!!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Persona11