Things that piss off a Candian
http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/desktops/le...index.html
vs.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/le...9:00011E86:

The Canadian dollar is within a single percentage point of the US dollar, yet anything in the technology market is about 40% more expensive.

Any Canadian's on here have a source for their hardware that cuts this price difference down?
Do you live near the US/CAN border? I live near buffalo and frequently ship stuff to a mail holding company, then drive down to pick it all up. Costs me $5 per package and they can hold it for months before you go pick it up.
Many Canadians like to complain online and with each other... things will never change. Make a broader statement only shop american teach our economy a lesson. It needs to be done. Its sickening how e get ripped off because big business runs the government. Phone contracts are the worst in thw world here
(2014-09-07, 20:32)Calum Wrote: http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/desktops/le...index.html
vs.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/le...9:00011E86:

The Canadian dollar is within a single percentage point of the US dollar, yet anything in the technology market is about 40% more expensive.

Any Canadian's on here have a source for their hardware that cuts this price difference down?

While I get you on prices being inflated... 'A Single Percentage Point'? Yeah, uh, no... We've been floating at around a 11-9% difference, we're at about 9% right now. We haven't been at 'A Single Percentage Point' for a couple of YEARS now. You fail at being Canadian. :/
(2014-09-07, 21:24)edge06 Wrote: Do you live near the US/CAN border? I live near buffalo and frequently ship stuff to a mail holding company, then drive down to pick it all up. Costs me $5 per package and they can hold it for months before you go pick it up.

No, not close enough anyway.

(2014-09-07, 21:54)satmando Wrote: Many Canadians like to complain online and with each other... things will never change. Make a broader statement only shop american teach our economy a lesson. It needs to be done. Its sickening how e get ripped off because big business runs the government. Phone contracts are the worst in thw world here

A cell phone plan with 2 gbs of data will cost over $90 a month here, if you have your own phone. Believe me I know how bad we're being bent over.[/i]
(2014-09-07, 22:34)Calum Wrote: A cell phone plan with 2 gbs of data will cost over $90 a month here, if you have your own phone. Believe me I know how bad we're being bent over.[/i]

Yes, we overpay for many things, but...
[rant]
Quit being such a prima donna. First the incorrect exchange rate; now inflated prices for mobile phone service. $70/month for a SGS4 with 2GB per month is easy to get with any of the carriers. Suck it up and negotiate a better price. You should do it with cars, mortgate rates, loan rates, rent, house prices, mobile phone contracts, and wherever you can.
[/rant]

One more thing...The prices in those links are, after exchange rate conversion, exactly the same.

...back to xbmc/Kodi.
I pay $30 for Unlimited everything here in Toronto with Wind Mobile as my carrier...
You know what really grinds my gears as a Canadian.... Canadians who misspell 'Canadian' as the topic title.

Just kidding.... it happens. Smile
People from Candia are such whiners Wink
I don't see what the issue is with the example provided - there is a ~10% difference which is inline with the ~10% difference in currency values that have been mentioned in this thread.

Look on the bright side - at least you get a chance to buy one (and don't get us Aussies started on overpriced electronics):

http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/desktops/...ries/q190/

Anyways, I think it would be more annoying driving around in cars with square wheels than having overpriced electronics:

Tongue
I am not an expert, but I think it's a combination of two things. Canada's population is roughly 1/10th of the US population, so the market is 10 times smaller for these companies. Smaller market usually means higher prices, especially with a first world country like Canada.
Second, your government most likely taxes the businesses at a higher rate than our government does here in the US.
(2014-09-08, 04:57)Dougie Fresh Wrote: People from Candia are such whiners Wink

wieners you say.... I know you said whiners Smile

(2014-09-08, 05:35)teeedubb Wrote: ...

Anyways, I think it would be more annoying driving around in cars with square wheels than having overpriced electronics:

Tongue

Square wheels aren't so bad. At least we don't have to worry about the energy shortages that has brought plagues of biker gangs to your land. Wink

(2014-09-08, 13:48)z31fanatic Wrote: I am not an expert, but I think it's a combination of two things. Canada's population is roughly 1/10th of the US population, so the market is 10 times smaller for these companies. Smaller market usually means higher prices, especially with a first world country like Canada.
Second, your government most likely taxes the businesses at a higher rate than our government does here in the US.

If this-^ were true, Burger King wouldn't be going to Canada.
(2014-09-08, 15:07)calev Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 13:48)z31fanatic Wrote: I am not an expert, but I think it's a combination of two things. Canada's population is roughly 1/10th of the US population, so the market is 10 times smaller for these companies. Smaller market usually means higher prices, especially with a first world country like Canada.

If this-^ were true, Burger King wouldn't be going to Canada.

There's a difference though between 'Corporate Taxes' and something more relevant, import taxes.
Dude you think this is bad try ordering stuff to be sent to Australia the markups are ridiculous most end up buying what they can locally which is usually slim choice on items because it costs so much to import stuff so they only import a few items that have a better chance of selling

then because of the prices to import it affects the cost to buy local as well so all in all we pay insane amounts for stuff the North Americans or Europeans pay less for

and we don't have Amazon or anything here Newegg has just started shipping to australia but only certain items the the postage cost makes it not worth it Even ebay is pricey with postage costs to get stuff overseas unless you want to gamble and order from china which is a 50/50 chance of not receiving your item and unable to get your money back and waiting up to 3 months for something

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Things that piss off a Candian0