• 92(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-09-09, 21:30)c0mm0n Wrote: Can you make it happen ?

sure, just PM me and point me to the XBMC version/repo and VAAPI driver you want used. thread links are fine
Done, everything is here for anyone interested : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
cool, I'll take a look later tonight
Anyone have issues getting openelec to connect to wifi? I had it connect to a wired connection in my living room and decided to move it to the basement. When I try to connect it ask me for the password and it tries to connect but I get "Network Error"
Custombuild link?
(2014-09-09, 23:04)sledgebrah Wrote: Anyone have issues getting openelec to connect to wifi? I had it connect to a wired connection in my living room and decided to move it to the basement. When I try to connect it ask me for the password and it tries to connect but I get "Network Error"

Nm needed a good reset
(2014-09-09, 23:51)magy77 Wrote: Custombuild link?

don't you think I'll post it when it's ready?
(2014-09-07, 17:33)Matt Devo Wrote: what setup are you running? Until recently, OpenELEC disabled resume from suspend for all USB3-connected devices; you need to be running version 4.1.2 or later (4.1.6 is current) for it to work

I just got around to checking, and it shows I am running 4.0.7 ?!?!. I have auto updates on. This is what auto updated once you posted that it's fixed and you no longer need to run your custom build, and to turn on auto updates. Need to figure out how to manual update. I see on openelec site that 4.0.7 is the latest stable, 4.1.6 is beta.
(2014-09-09, 03:27)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 01:01)m0ngr31 Wrote: How'd you get the PS3 remote working? Are you on OpenELEC or Ubuntu?

OE is my preferred platform, and the one I'll continue to develop for. The PS3 remote issue that appeared with the 4.1.1 beta has been fixed (by me) in 4.1.6 Smile

ever since the move from 3.x to 4.x my harmony hub lost it's bluetooth connection whenever i would change activities. upon coming back to xbmc there would be an authorization dialog on the screen to connect even though i had told OE to trust the connection. well it's finally fixed in 4.1.6. i'm not sure if it was related to your fix or not, but if it was thanks Smile
(2014-09-10, 01:15)Walrus Wrote:
(2014-09-07, 17:33)Matt Devo Wrote: what setup are you running? Until recently, OpenELEC disabled resume from suspend for all USB3-connected devices; you need to be running version 4.1.2 or later (4.1.6 is current) for it to work

I just got around to checking, and it shows I am running 4.0.7 ?!?!. I have auto updates on. This is what auto updated once you posted that it's fixed and you no longer need to run your custom build, and to turn on auto updates. Need to figure out how to manual update. I see on openelec site that 4.0.7 is the latest stable, 4.1.6 is beta.

Yep - AutoUpdate in OpenElec won't install Beta releases automatically, only stable I think.

If you download the 4.1.6 version decompress it and go to the 'target' folder in the decompressed folder you'll see four files (kernel, system plus md5s for each) You can then copy these over a standard SMB/CIFS network connection to the "update" folder on your Chromebox (which will mount as OpenElec unless you've renamed it) Reboot and the update will be installed.
(2014-09-10, 01:15)Walrus Wrote: I just got around to checking, and it shows I am running 4.0.7 ?!?!. I have auto updates on. This is what auto updated once you posted that it's fixed and you no longer need to run your custom build, and to turn on auto updates. Need to figure out how to manual update. I see on openelec site that 4.0.7 is the latest stable, 4.1.6 is beta.

there a link on the ChromeBox wiki to the OpenELEC wiki, but basically just download the file, throw in update folder, and reboot

(2014-09-10, 01:37)furii Wrote: ever since the move from 3.x to 4.x my harmony hub lost it's bluetooth connection whenever i would change activities. upon coming back to xbmc there would be an authorization dialog on the screen to connect even though i had told OE to trust the connection. well it's finally fixed in 4.1.6. i'm not sure if it was related to your fix or not, but if it was thanks Smile

you're welcome Smile

(2014-09-10, 01:46)noggin Wrote: Yep - AutoUpdate in OpenElec won't install Beta releases automatically, only stable I think.

If you download the 4.1.6 version decompress it and go to the 'target' folder in the decompressed folder you'll see four files (kernel, system plus md5s for each) You can then copy these over a standard SMB/CIFS network connection to the "update" folder on your Chromebox (which will mount as OpenElec unless you've renamed it) Reboot and the update will be installed.

as of OE 4.0, you don't have to decompress, you can just drop the .tar file in and OE will do the rest
Ok fixed now. Turns on. Still intermittent though. Sometimes works first press, others I have to press 3, 4, 5 times to get it to power on, even after waiting 30 seconds after suspend. Same behavior with Harmony remote and MCE remote, and with HP MCE receiver and another dongle.
(2014-09-10, 02:03)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 01:15)Walrus Wrote: I just got around to checking, and it shows I am running 4.0.7 ?!?!. I have auto updates on. This is what auto updated once you posted that it's fixed and you no longer need to run your custom build, and to turn on auto updates. Need to figure out how to manual update. I see on openelec site that 4.0.7 is the latest stable, 4.1.6 is beta.

there a link on the ChromeBox wiki to the OpenELEC wiki, but basically just download the file, throw in update folder, and reboot

(2014-09-10, 01:37)furii Wrote: ever since the move from 3.x to 4.x my harmony hub lost it's bluetooth connection whenever i would change activities. upon coming back to xbmc there would be an authorization dialog on the screen to connect even though i had told OE to trust the connection. well it's finally fixed in 4.1.6. i'm not sure if it was related to your fix or not, but if it was thanks Smile

you're welcome Smile

(2014-09-10, 01:46)noggin Wrote: Yep - AutoUpdate in OpenElec won't install Beta releases automatically, only stable I think.

as of OE 4.0, you don't have to decompress, you can just drop the .tar file in and OE will do the rest

Yes I usually download the tar on my laptop, then scp it to all the target machines, then reboot them.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
XBMC/Kodi 14 (Helix) OpenELEC nightly. Has hardware MADI and MCDI enabled. Experimental. Do a fresh install, and beware the dragons

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...d9c62b.tar
Are these also Helix Builds with MADI and MACI?
http://snapshots.openelec.tv/
http://snapshots.openelec.tv/test/
| myHTPC |
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37