• 101(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Long time lurker, first post. Got standalone instal done, can't seem to pair ps3 remote. I go to openELEC settings bluetooth, press start and enter buttons on ps3 remote, it sees it when i click on it to pair ask to pair by pin so i try 0000 and 1234 says doesn't work. try to "trust and connect" says no host? Anybody that has ps3 remote working that has any info it would be much appreciated on how you paired your ps3 remote to your chromebox.
(2014-05-19, 01:39)adamxbmc Wrote: [quote='mdumont1' pid='1713096' dateline='1400390725']
[quote='adamxbmc' pid='1712993' dateline='1400374059']
Unfortunately, it does not help.

The screen reads:
"(SeaBIOS (version -20140405_201740-john-lewis)

Press ESC for boot menu.

Booting from Hard Disk..."

and... nothing.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate everything you've done on this Matt. I'd just prefer to run dual boot than to have to do a complete install of OE from a USB key.

Hello and thank you for your effort, I have exactly the same problem
here's my bad shot
easy setup
I select option 5 to install on the hd
and I have to reboot

Now I have the black screen "Booting from Hard Disk ..." "
nothing boot
I test

Cx86OS-20140920010101
chromeos_5841.98.0_panther_recovery_stable-channel_mp.bin
ubuntu
OpenELEC

nothing

on chromeos_5841.98.0
the result is
Code:
Warning: at /mnt/host/source/src/third_party/kernel-next/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc.c:84 drm_warn_on_modeset_not_all_locked+0x6b/0x72()

please help me

sorry for translate im speak french
(2014-09-21, 03:14)e2hastie Wrote: Long time lurker, first post. Got standalone instal done, can't seem to pair ps3 remote. I go to openELEC settings bluetooth, press start and enter buttons on ps3 remote, it sees it when i click on it to pair ask to pair by pin so i try 0000 and 1234 says doesn't work. try to "trust and connect" says no host? Anybody that has ps3 remote working that has any info it would be much appreciated on how you paired your ps3 remote to your chromebox.

reboot, then just choose the trust and connect option. You don't need to use a pin when pairing the PS3 remote.

(2014-09-21, 06:28)ricky834 Wrote: Hello and thank you for your effort, I have exactly the same problem
here's my bad shot
easy setup
and I have to reboot

nothing boot
I test

Cx86OS-20140920010101
ubuntu
OpenELEC

nothing

what do you mean by 'nothing'? You need to hit ESC, then boot to USB and install whatever OS you want to run. If ESC isn't working, then you need to use a different keyboard.
(2014-09-21, 06:28)ricky834 Wrote: Hello and thank you for your effort, I have exactly the same problem
here's my bad shot
easy setup
and I have to reboot

nothing boot
I test

Cx86OS-20140920010101
ubuntu
OpenELEC

nothing

what do you mean by 'nothing'? You need to hit ESC, then boot to USB and install whatever OS you want to run. If ESC isn't working, then you need to use a different keyboard.
[/quote]

it's not that the problem my keyboard works well I can select my usb key, I am able to launch .img, but its not happening

ImageImage

is that it is possible to return to EZ script
(2014-09-22, 05:07)ricky834 Wrote: it's not that the problem my keyboard works well I can select my usb key, I am able to launch .img, but its not happening

what are you trying to install? OpenELEC?
Woouuppii

my mistake, I used winrar instead of winzip to extract OpenELEC everything is back to normal
thank you hugely
Try 7zip Wink
| myHTPC |
yeah, not winzip, 7zip that's what I meant
thank you again for your help
(2014-09-18, 02:00)figaro Wrote:
(2014-09-17, 18:15)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-17, 02:05)figaro Wrote: Thanks Matt for your answers.
Regarding the "NO AUDIO ON HDMI":
Tried the ChromeBox and Chromebooks communities on Google+ :could not find an answer, very confusing, disorganized postings,
Called Asus, They do not have an answer.
It appears many people have the same problem and it happened after the last Chrome OS update.
May be somebody on this thread has an answer?
Best Regards

you're really going to get the best help on one of those G+ communities, as those folks are actually running ChromeOS, whereas most people here are not. If you haven't posted on there, I'd suggest doing so.

Hi Matt,
Thanks again for your advise,
Now the people at Google suggested re-installing the Chrome OS,
To continue to have my dual boot setup, do I reinstall the recovery image with pushing the recovery reset with a paper clip and follow the directions ? am I going to loose my OPENELECXBMC installation (I spent 5 days to configure) and have to start all over again? is there any better way?
Best Regards.

Bump !
(2014-09-22, 17:43)figaro Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 02:00)figaro Wrote: Hi Matt,
Thanks again for your advise,
Now the people at Google suggested re-installing the Chrome OS,
To continue to have my dual boot setup, do I reinstall the recovery image with pushing the recovery reset with a paper clip and follow the directions ? am I going to loose my OPENELECXBMC installation (I spent 5 days to configure) and have to start all over again? is there any better way?
Best Regards.

Bump !

someone already responded: use the OpenELEC backup function, copy the backup file (.tar) to another machine, re-install ChromeOS + dual boot setup, and then restore your settings from the backup. Which is covered in the OpenELEC wiki.
(2014-09-22, 05:07)ricky834 Wrote: it's not that the problem my keyboard works well I can select my usb key, I am able to launch .img, but its not happening

ImageImage

I rocognize that.
Trying still to install ubuntu first.
This i paingful, many days with no luck.
Now i can boot from usb stick, the one bootable with ubuntu installation files.
However, all i get is a blue square with the option default, and that does not even work when i choose it.
I looks like bios-blue sort of. If i was to describe it.
if i try typing anyithing i get: invalid or corrupt kernel image.
hm.
got this now.
/ubnkern initrd=/ubninit
What am i looking at?
I can not get the developer mode screen to appear. I am currently connected to a PC monitor and running at 1024x768@60Hhz, so it shouldn't be a resolution thing.

I am going to try to reset the OS to factory default and see if that makes any difference.

Any other things I need to look at? I just get the regular login screen every time; frustrated.
(2014-09-22, 21:47)P3ws Wrote: hm.
got this now.
/ubnkern initrd=/ubninit
What am i looking at?

good question. why don't you tell us what Ubuntu image/file you are trying to install, as well as what program you used to make the USB install stick.

Also, have you tested the USB stick on another machine? Does it boot? If not, that's a pretty good indication that the issue is with your install media and not anything to do with the ChromeBox itself

(2014-09-22, 22:50)Manic D Wrote: I can not get the developer mode screen to appear. I am currently connected to a PC monitor and running at 1024x768@60Hhz, so it shouldn't be a resolution thing.

I am going to try to reset the OS to factory default and see if that makes any difference.

Any other things I need to look at? I just get the regular login screen every time; frustrated.

can you feel the recovery button depress with the paperclip? how long does it take for the login screen to show up?
Quote:can you feel the recovery button depress with the paperclip? how long does it take for the login screen to show up?
Yes I can feel the button. It's like 5 seconds after I hit the power button that the login screen appears.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37