• 421(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-09-21, 22:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-21, 22:19)stubk Wrote:
(2014-09-21, 21:30)Lunatixz Wrote: hmm...

If that was the case, why does it only effect movies and not tvshows?

Have you tried last nights development build? it didn't fix your problem with seeking?

can I see the logs where seek is called before playback? thanks

You can see it in the log I posted earlier at http://pastebin.com/XzsAVVgB. Seek is called on lines 434, 2635, 3148 and 3471 - the "switching to normal playback" debug is on lines 431, 2633, 3155, 3457 - the one which reset to the beginning was the one with the seek on 3148 and the playback on 3155.

I didn't say it was movies only - this log was for tv show channels. But as you mention it, movies were especially prone to the problem - perhaps because they are larger files and therefore take slightly longer for xbmc to start playing.

As for the development build, I tried that and it didn't fix it. (Even tried it on the latest build of helix but it segfaulted.)

I appreciate you looking into the problem, but this isn't a new bug... and while fresh eyes can sometimes break ground... the suggestion you mentioned isn't a solution.

There is only one seek bug, and it has to do with the subtitle service. It pretty much only affects Movies (most likely because its rare to use subs with tvshows).

One major thing you are missing in your log and is the reason seek is called and ignored...

Code:
DEBUG: ffmpeg[2217C700]: [mpeg4] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected

Looks like your file isn't encoded properly or at least ffmpeg thinks so... Your "fix" may overcome issues with poorly encoded media, but I'm not sure it will always work? if a file isn't encoded properly xbmc.player might not seek at all.

Last nights development build fixed an unrelated problem that could have affected seeking...

If another user running GOTHAM ( I do not support Helix) and latest development branch show similar logs I'll investigate the possibility of it being unrelated to encoding...

Hi Luna,

Out of curiosity, is the xbmc team aware of the seek bug with subtitles? I was wondering if the issue is identified on a technical level or not. Now that Helix is in feature freeze, can we perhaps expect a fix for the seek bug in the final?

That issue is my only gripe with ptvl

Thanks
(2014-09-24, 13:54)aptalca Wrote:
(2014-09-21, 22:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-21, 22:19)stubk Wrote: You can see it in the log I posted earlier at http://pastebin.com/XzsAVVgB. Seek is called on lines 434, 2635, 3148 and 3471 - the "switching to normal playback" debug is on lines 431, 2633, 3155, 3457 - the one which reset to the beginning was the one with the seek on 3148 and the playback on 3155.

I didn't say it was movies only - this log was for tv show channels. But as you mention it, movies were especially prone to the problem - perhaps because they are larger files and therefore take slightly longer for xbmc to start playing.

As for the development build, I tried that and it didn't fix it. (Even tried it on the latest build of helix but it segfaulted.)

I appreciate you looking into the problem, but this isn't a new bug... and while fresh eyes can sometimes break ground... the suggestion you mentioned isn't a solution.

There is only one seek bug, and it has to do with the subtitle service. It pretty much only affects Movies (most likely because its rare to use subs with tvshows).

One major thing you are missing in your log and is the reason seek is called and ignored...

Code:
DEBUG: ffmpeg[2217C700]: [mpeg4] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected

Looks like your file isn't encoded properly or at least ffmpeg thinks so... Your "fix" may overcome issues with poorly encoded media, but I'm not sure it will always work? if a file isn't encoded properly xbmc.player might not seek at all.

Last nights development build fixed an unrelated problem that could have affected seeking...

If another user running GOTHAM ( I do not support Helix) and latest development branch show similar logs I'll investigate the possibility of it being unrelated to encoding...

Hi Luna,

Out of curiosity, is the xbmc team aware of the seek bug with subtitles? I was wondering if the issue is identified on a technical level or not. Now that Helix is in feature freeze, can we perhaps expect a fix for the seek bug in the final?

That issue is my only gripe with ptvl

Thanks

I tried bringing it up, but was lambasted for not providing enough information. (Insite on my sunny disposition <-- Sarcasm of course). I don't have exact data, I've had other developers test with similar results...

What I don't get is i'm not experiencing any issues anymore (since removing subs) it's about 99% fixed on my end... and other users who reported the problem haven't mentioned it... So I think its pretty much fixed.

Leaving the two known reason this happens (subs and bad encoding).

Anyone able to find the problem, if it exists on my end... kodos... but in all honesty I spent weeks checking into it..
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Morning

My LiveTV channels are still off by 1hour. All my shows are an hour ahead. Maybe its due to where i live not observing DST??

Here is the log and xmltv that was just generated this morning on my MythTV server. LiveTV channels are the ones in the 100s:

xbmc.log - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=301938
xmltv - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ojmIn...sp=sharing

Cheers!
yeah sorry dude.. I should have written Live.. Yeah I have been using Live now for about 2 weeks Smile
did ustvnow stop working again ?
(2014-09-24, 19:16)Lazzzer65 Wrote: did ustvnow stop working again ?

It would appear so. At least for me. Sad

Appears so... I'll look into it...

::Update::

sigh, hosting quota exceeding again, USTVnow will be down until next update... going to change the setup to now download the file to run locally....
(2014-09-24, 20:17)Lunatixz Wrote:

sigh, hosting quota exceeding again, USTVnow will be down until next update... going to change the setup to now download the file to run locally....

Was there some reason this wasn't running locally to begin with? Just curious.
(2014-09-24, 22:04)Marshall Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 20:17)Lunatixz Wrote:

Not really, but i'm starting to suspect another addon is using my xmltv link, which means I'm being double hit...

The new system will have a 100GB/Month quota... if I max that quota... I'm going to have to consider closing free xmltv data to donors only (not a threat or anything, I would post a howto for noobs to create their own).
@luna

Apologies, sarcasm can sometimes be taken the wrong way. My bad.

LOL @bry- for trying to keep the peace.

You guys rock. Big Grin

I have question. The update the addon does when it's launched, is there a way to make it do it in the background whether it's running or not. On my fire tv, it take a little while to do it.
(2014-09-24, 22:43)breezytm Wrote: @luna

You guys rock. Big Grin

I have question. The update the addon does when it's launched, is there a way to make it do it in the background whether it's running or not. On my fire tv, it take a little while to do it.

That is what set-top box mode is. It's still in development. Hit me up tonight when you get home.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I have it enabled already. You saw it on my test box. it was quick but it was still there.
(2014-09-24, 22:43)breezytm Wrote: @luna

You guys rock. Big Grin

NP, Sarcasm is tough over posts...

Low Power HTPC's are a plague!! Trust me I've owned them all, arm, pi, firetv... I get better performance from my Intel P4 then all of them... anyway off my soap box.

I'll be honest with you, this plugin needs to be stripped down in order to run smoothly on those devices. Search the thread for what to disable to make them run smoother...

Also read my "settings explained" in post 1 or 2? (it's a work in progress) but will answer your question about updating channels. There is already a background process...

Now back to last night... I hear you can code... so whip up some regex.matches to match upnp channel names to xmltv display-names... you made it sound so easy last night Wink
(2014-09-24, 22:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 22:04)Marshall Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 20:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Appears so... I'll look into it...

Not really, but i'm starting to suspect another addon is using my xmltv link, which means I'm being double hit...

The new system will have a 100GB/Month quota... if I max that quota... I'm going to have to consider closing free xmltv data to donors only (not a threat or anything, I would post a howto for noobs to create their own).
That would be awesome for us noobs to learn how to make those xml's
(2014-09-24, 22:55)lozad Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 22:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 22:04)Marshall Wrote: Was there some reason this wasn't running locally to begin with? Just curious.

That would be awesome for us noobs to learn how to make those xml's

the info is already available, just google ustvnow xmltv or ustvnow mc2xml
  • 421(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45