• 15(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
Am I asking my question improperly? Is it possible to apply this patch to the Android source and have output both via HDMI and SPDIF?

Edit: worded question properly Smile
(2014-10-14, 18:54)mrdally204 Wrote: Am I asking my question improperly?
The second time, yes :-P You can't apply that patch to binaries, it has to be done before compiling them.

I guess nobody knows the answer or has ever tried.
If you have some free time, you can test this by your own,
there is a description how to compile xbmc for Android.
Just apply xbmc-132-gotham-DualAudio-r019.patch and in theory it will compile ;-)

I don't know the exact specs of the RPi cpu, but it could be that it's physically impossible (the chipset simply doesn't support that) to activate hdmi-audio and S/PDIF the same time.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
HA, I did word that incorrectly didn't I. You did get the main point of my question though. Thanks for the answer, I'll have to find some time to learn something new Smile
I have a large collection of high bit rate audo CD's and want the best possible quality from my setup when playing music. Could use a bit of advice with optimum settings for my dual audio with Gotham.

Dedicated mini pc running windows 7 with Asus Xonar DX audio card.
DX optical out to 5:1 surround sound Dolby digital receiver /amp
DX analogue out to stereo hifi amp & speakers

At the moment I've got the first audio option setup as optical pass through (ac3/dolby capable selected).
The second audio option as analogue 2.0

Would it be possible or any advantage to running both audio options as "pass through" with the stereo option leaving the "ac3 capable" unchecked?

Cheers
This patch doesn't relate to pull request #5557 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5557 does it?
no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
From reading this thread, it sounds to me like this patch enables the simultaneous playback of a single source through multiple audio outputs. Someone please correct me if my understanding is incorrect?

Assuming that I have not misunderstood, has anyone ever looked at developing a patch to support multiple player instances at the same time (i.e. play two songs at once, etc.)? This dual audio patch, combined with multiple player instances, would be a rather formidable multi-room audio solution.

-mycroft
I haven't been keeping terribly up to date with the revision status, but am I correct in assuming 4.2 has a bunch of the helix code, such that since DA has already packed this for us on 4.2.1, it shouldn't be too tough to get in 5.0? I just recall in being dubious that we would get the patch when the big audio engine change occurred last time. (thanks again for making that happen)
Is there a Gotham 13.2 windows binary, that uses the final 13.2.exe and not the prealpha?
With the patch installed, I always get a notification popup that I should update...
Except that, this patch rocks.
solved/
Is the Kodi dual audio option coming son? Im a great fan of this patch and will love to have it for Kodi also......
(2014-11-17, 06:05)Jorsan Wrote: Is the Kodi dual audio option coming son? Im a great fan of this patch and will love to have it for Kodi also......

Working on it (OpenELEC 4.95.x-DA), but right these days I don't have time to adjust the patch.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
OK, thanks.
I have the 'old' dual audio running in Eden and had no idea that it had been further developed for the later builds - many thanks xhbl (and everyone else involved)!!
If I update to the latest Gotham (13.2), what do I then need to do to enable the dual audio? I'm running it on Windows 7.
It looks slightly more involved than the older version. Do I just download the binary link and replace the xbmc.exe file AND the system xml files? What is the .patch file for?
Sorry.. but i'm nood.. :\

In which way can i install that patch con my RPi with Openelec?
Could you help me?

thanks!
K
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9