• 460(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-10-24, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 01:58)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 00:40)Lunatixz Wrote: You need matching information... basically the Strm, PVR, UPNP, etc source that has the livetv has to have on of the three "display-names" found in your xmltv file... otherwise ptvl can't match them.

... u can understand that if your pvr has a channel called "FOX" and your xmltv has no "FOX" it can't pair them... most likely the "display-name" is WNYW or whatever the call sign is.

In this case you only have two options... you either change the name of your strm, pvr, or upnp source... or you change the xmltv "display-name" either one of those two options aren't related to PTVL.. Questions for how to should be asked in the proper threads Smile

I am a total noob at EPG data. The only thing that confuses me is why my LIVE TV in XBMC loads the channel EPG data perfectly fine, but PTVL doesn't for half the stations. How is it linking them for the LIVE TV but not for PTVL?

Does that make any sense?

You need to read Smile I already answered this in the same post u just quoted!

I read it several times.

Reading and comprehending are two different problems. Mine is the latter =)
(2014-10-24, 02:24)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 01:58)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: I am a total noob at EPG data. The only thing that confuses me is why my LIVE TV in XBMC loads the channel EPG data perfectly fine, but PTVL doesn't for half the stations. How is it linking them for the LIVE TV but not for PTVL?

I read it several times.

Then "Google" is your friend... you can research the information Smile

Hope you understand this is PTVL help not general information...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-24, 01:58)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: I am a total noob at EPG data. The only thing that confuses me is why my LIVE TV in XBMC loads the channel EPG data perfectly fine, but PTVL doesn't for half the stations. How is it linking them for the LIVE TV but not for PTVL?

I read it several times.

See post 1 with a link to live tv tutorial by me. If you can't follow the color coordinated directions you should sell your setup.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hi,
Advanced apologies if this has been answered but I haven't found a solution in searching thread.

I want to add Bumpers to my channels.

I've added bumper folder "e:\bumpers" to source, enabled Bumpers and set to this folder as "Local" in the PTVL configuration.
Within this folder is a set of folders matching channel names each with bumper videos for the channel.
I did a force reset of channels and restarted PTVL.

The Bumpers are not showing between between episodes.

Following the front page of this thread... I *think* this should be working.

Is there a step missing?

Thank you.
(2014-10-24, 04:47)Estate Wrote: Hi,
Advanced apologies if this has been answered but I haven't found a solution in searching thread.

I've added bumper folder "e:\bumpers" to source, enabled Bumpers and set to this folder as "Local" in the PTVL configuration.
Within this folder is a set of folders matching channel names each with bumper videos for the channel.

Is there a step missing?

Thank you.

Log?
(2014-10-24, 04:53)Lunatixz Wrote:

Is there a step missing?

Thank you.

Log?

I tried a full system restart and forced reset again. Also cleared cache (not sure if relevant here).
Only thing relevant in Log now is this:

23:04:33 T:328 NOTICE: script.pseudotv.live-default: BCT Folder Purge Failed! name 'xbmcfvs' is not defined
Hi all,
I just moved from the Popcorn Hour (with yamj) to the Amazon Fire TV with XBMC v13 and 14(playing with it). I like the idea of the PSeudoTV Live addon. I installed it via the instructions on post 1. I installed all the dependencies and the addon using the install from zip method. When I tried to run it I kept getting an error saying "script failed pseudotv.py". When I checked the xbmc.log it shows an error:

23:45:33 T:1562764728 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: FileLock instance
23:45:33 T:1562764728 NOTICE: Requesting
23:45:33 T:1562764728 NOTICE: http://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gi...3A%2F&utm1
23:45:33 T:1562764728 NOTICE: Pragma: no-cache

Expires: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:43:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:51:30 GMT
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Content-Type: image/gif
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:42:13 GMT
Server: Golfe2
Content-Length: 35
Cache-Control: private, no-cache, no-cache=Set-Cookie, proxy-revalidate
Alternate-Protocol: 80:quic,p=0.01
Connection: close

23:45:34 T:1562764728 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named simplejson
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live>
import resources.lib.Overlay as Overlay
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live>
from fanarttv import *
import simplejson as json
ImportError: No module named simplejson
-->End of Python script error report<--

Now the error states that its missing the simplejson module but I installed that module (script.module.simplejson-3.3.0.zip)
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons
drwxrwxr-x root sdcard_rw 2014-10-23 19:35 script.module.simplejson

I really want this to work and I've been poring over the internets to find an answer but to no avail. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BlueKalel
(2014-10-24, 05:08)Estate Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 04:53)Lunatixz Wrote:

Is there a step missing?

Thank you.

Log?

I tried a full system restart and forced reset again. Also cleared cache (not sure if relevant here).
Only thing relevant in Log now is this:

23:04:33 T:328 NOTICE: script.pseudotv.live-default: BCT Folder Purge Failed! name 'xbmcfvs' is not defined

I found the issue.

I turned on Bumpers in the BCT Menu but "Include BCT" in the other menu was turned off.

Issue is resolved. Thanks for quick response.
Ok, I have been reading nonstop about PseudoTV Live. After using it for about a week I was so impressed I donated (thats something I dont normally do) Thank you for all of your work Lunatixz!

I am a noob but I always try to figure things out on my own without asking. After a coupe of days searching and a lot of trial and error I still cant figure out my issue. So now im breaking down and asking for help.

I am currently trying to configure my settings2.xml so I can add some Youtube Playlists to my channels. My issue is im using a unrooted AFTV. I cant find a way to copy the xml file to my computer so I can edit it. I have tried several things with no results. I have also run into the problem of adding logo files to the Fire TV. How the heck do I crack this nut?
(2014-10-24, 08:45)Kalebbroo Wrote: Ok, I have been reading nonstop about PseudoTV Live. After using it for about a week I was so impressed I donated (thats something I dont normally do) Thank you for all of your work Lunatixz!

I am a noob but I always try to figure things out on my own without asking. After a coupe of days searching and a lot of trial and error I still cant figure out my issue. So now im breaking down and asking for help.

I am currently trying to configure my settings2.xml so I can add some Youtube Playlists to my channels. My issue is im using a unrooted AFTV. I cant find a way to copy the xml file to my computer so I can edit it. I have tried several things with no results. I have also run into the problem of adding logo files to the Fire TV. How the heck do I crack this nut?

Hopefully u have a windows os running somewhere? Use this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=205684 it has a backup, restore feature. Backup, edit settings2, then restore... Basically just copying files back n fourth between systems.
Is it possible to show the channel logo at a certain position on screen. It always shows the logo in the lower right corner, It would be nice if I could set my position for it.

Thank you.
@BlueKalel we don't use that F word here. Please remove from your post.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-24, 08:45)Kalebbroo Wrote: Ok, I have been reading nonstop about PseudoTV Live. After using it for about a week I was so impressed I donated (thats something I dont normally do) Thank you for all of your work Lunatixz!

You can use 'adb pull' to pull the xml from your AFTV to your computer for editing and 'adb push' to send the XML file back over to your AFTV. You don't need a rooted FireTV for these commands to work, you just need to turn on ADB Debugging:

https://developer.amazon.com/appsandserv...ecting-adb
(2014-10-24, 07:04)BlueKalel Wrote: Hi all,
I just moved from the Popcorn Hour (with yamj) to the Amazon Fire TV with XBMC v13 and 14(playing with it). I like the idea of the PSeudoTV Live addon. I installed it via the instructions on post 1. I installed all the dependencies and the addon using the install from zip method. When I tried to run it I kept getting an error saying "script failed pseudotv.py". When I checked the xbmc.log it shows an error:

23:45:33 T:1562764728 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: FileLock instance
23:45:33 T:1562764728 NOTICE: Requesting
23:45:33 T:1562764728 NOTICE: http://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gi...3A%2F&utm1
23:45:33 T:1562764728 NOTICE: Pragma: no-cache

Expires: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:43:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:51:30 GMT
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Content-Type: image/gif
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:42:13 GMT
Server: Golfe2
Content-Length: 35
Cache-Control: private, no-cache, no-cache=Set-Cookie, proxy-revalidate
Alternate-Protocol: 80:quic,p=0.01
Connection: close

23:45:34 T:1562764728 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named simplejson
Traceback (most recent call last):
import resources.lib.Overlay as Overlay
from fanarttv import *
import simplejson as json
ImportError: No module named simplejson
-->End of Python script error report<--

Now the error states that its missing the simplejson module but I installed that module (script.module.simplejson-3.3.0.zip)
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons
drwxrwxr-x root sdcard_rw 2014-10-23 19:35 script.module.simplejson

I also tried to install pseudoTV through the Fusion's Repositories and got the same error.

I really want this to work and I've been poring over the internets to find an answer but to no avail. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BlueKalel

1) We don't talk about plugin banned by xbmc/kodi
2) When asking for help ALWAYS provide a full logs
3) If you are trying to use PTVL with KODI 14 Helix there is no support yet so even if you manage to install it you will face numerous issues, trust me I know
(2014-10-24, 04:09)bry- Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote: You need to read Smile I already answered this in the same post u just quoted!

I read it several times.

See post 1 with a link to live tv tutorial by me. If you can't follow the color coordinated directions you should sell your setup.

Followed it, didn't work.

In the TV Guide addon I set it to grab data from XMLTV.

In HD Homerun Stream Building, I set it to point to the correct files, run the Scan for Channels, and get the following but now channels show up in the list.

Start time .. : 2014-10-22T00:00:00 UTC
End time .... : 2014-11-06T02:00:00 UTC
Parsing ..... : Digital Terrestrial Lineup
Writing ..... : C:\EPG\xmltv_full.xml
Writing ..... : mc2xml.dat
Completed ... : 16145535 bytes in 11s, 50 channels, 22658 programs scheduled.
Loading XMLTV channel data
Enhancing channels with XMLTV data
Refreshing channels on the screen
Done!

In HD Homerun, there is 1-6 for Tune selection options.... but none of them change anything.

This part was not addressed in your color coded guide as far as I can tell.

Ideas?
  • 460(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45