• 49(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Hello,

I can not make this addon to work (I have read wiki and this whole thread, fallowed instruction completely with no problem).
But before I go to any details - could my problem in using Kodi 14.0 Helix – Beta?

If not, I will write all details and post logs and Im sure that we'll make this great addon work perfectly Smile
(2014-11-13, 00:31)ivan Wrote: Hello,

I can not make this addon to work (I have read wiki and this whole thread, fallowed instruction completely with no problem).
But before I go to any details - could my problem in using Kodi 14.0 Helix – Beta?

If not, I will write all details and post logs and Im sure that we'll make this great addon work perfectly Smile

The best way to check would be to try with the latest stable release (13.2).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
O YEAH!!!
I feel like a God right now Smile (because I am by no means "Computer freak....I Know little more than average Joe but that is all)
I've installed 13.2, set everythig up....and nothing happened, same as Helix!
First I thought wgstarks was evil telling me to install 13.2, but then I thought "no, he is not Satan from Hell....just listen to him, it has to work! Try again".
So I did and accidentally spotted word "Extras" button in the upper left corner, overlaping word "Videos" (it was a perfect overlap, It was not selectable by keyboard - just mouse).
Then I remembered I have seen similar scenario already.....Post: #429 (so it has solution)
Then I combined that knowledge with Post: #706......and vola - I have Extras button on the right place and it works Smile

Now is the time to play with fanart/posters etc....but it works Smile
Then I have to check if it works with Helix (now that I "know" what I am doing)

I still can not believe that some peole think that this addon shuold'nt be part of default Confluence skin and Kodi ("out of the box")

Thank you wgstarks, and ofcourse, thank you rob_webset for this great addon Smile
Tnx
Okay, I got the extras to work. I dug around on the hard drive for awhile and found that there was also a copy of the Dialogvideoinfo in the roaming files under user settings. I backed that up and copied it elsewhere (safeguard) and copied a known working copy of the dialogvideo info in to the main xbmc area under programs(x86).
I had also upgraded from frodo to Gotham in the process of trying to solve the issue. Hopefully using a slightly out of date dialogvideoinfo won't mess up Gotham.
Sorry to have been a headache, I have no idea why I wound up with a second, but different, version in the roaming data section.
(2014-11-13, 03:50)ivan Wrote: O YEAH!!!
I feel like a God right now Smile (because I am by no means "Computer freak....I Know little more than average Joe but that is all)
I've installed 13.2, set everythig up....and nothing happened, same as Helix!
First I thought wgstarks was evil telling me to install 13.2, but then I thought "no, he is not Satan from Hell....just listen to him, it has to work! Try again".
So I did and accidentally spotted word "Extras" button in the upper left corner, overlaping word "Videos" (it was a perfect overlap, It was not selectable by keyboard - just mouse).
Then I remembered I have seen similar scenario already.....Post: #429 (so it has solution)
Then I combined that knowledge with Post: #706......and vola - I have Extras button on the right place and it works Smile

Now is the time to play with fanart/posters etc....but it works Smile
Then I have to check if it works with Helix (now that I "know" what I am doing)

I still can not believe that some peole think that this addon shuold'nt be part of default Confluence skin and Kodi ("out of the box")

Thank you wgstarks, and ofcourse, thank you rob_webset for this great addon Smile
Tnx

Glad you got it. If you have problems just post back.

(2014-11-13, 03:58)borgie Wrote: Okay, I got the extras to work. I dug around on the hard drive for awhile and found that there was also a copy of the Dialogvideoinfo in the roaming files under user settings. I backed that up and copied it elsewhere (safeguard) and copied a known working copy of the dialogvideo info in to the main xbmc area under programs(x86).
I had also upgraded from frodo to Gotham in the process of trying to solve the issue. Hopefully using a slightly out of date dialogvideoinfo won't mess up Gotham.
Sorry to have been a headache, I have no idea why I wound up with a second, but different, version in the roaming data section.

All skins except Confluence will be in roaming. Each skin has its own DialogVideoInfo.xml file. I wouldn't advise mixing them.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-11-13, 04:15)wgstarks Wrote: [

All skins except Confluence will be in roaming. Each skin has its own DialogVideoInfo.xml file. I wouldn't advise mixing them.

The original was from Confluence, I'm not sure how there wound up being two copies in two places but according to the wiki it's supposed to be in the x86 folders
Quote: 10.3.1 Location of XML

The DialogVideoInfo.xml's location listed by skin:

Confluence

Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/
Ubuntu Linux (alternative):: /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/
OS X: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p
Windows 7/8.1: Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p
Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have requested a publish of version 1.1.8 to the official repo.

This should add Helix support for everyone

Rob
I have found 2 "BUGs" (but maybe I just doing something wrong) - Helix beta 2 and VideoExtra 1.1.8

Picture 1 - As you can see, I have all actors with corresponding pictures (in custom .nfo file)
Picture 2 - When I go to extras - poster is streched - and I am almost certain that it was fine in Gotham 13.2 and VideoExtras v1.1.6
Picture 3 - When i go back to Info dialog - all actors with pictures are gone. If I extit info dialog and enter again - actors and pictures are fine again

should I post Debugs?
Hi Ivan,

Your first and third images are a known issue that occurs in Gotham as well - there is a thead that raises it with the main XBMC developers - but I don't think there is a solution.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173502

The icons being the incorrect aspect ratio should be resolved by the following change:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=529

Thanks

Rob
(2014-11-16, 22:29)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Ivan,

Your first and third images are a known issue that occurs in Gotham as well - there is a thead that raises it with the main XBMC developers - but I don't think there is a solution.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173502

The icons being the incorrect aspect ratio should be resolved by the following change:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=529

Thanks

Rob

Thank you for fix with aspect ratio - I have found and edited necessary files and it worked Smile
As for issue with info dialog - I can live with that "bug" Smile
Tnx
Ok, been arsing around for a week trying to put e bonus desks from Lord of the ring into the LOTR 'set' and someone recommended using this.

Looking at the three naming conventions and have a couple of questions on these.

1) put the extras folder into the movies folder.
All my films are just dropped directly into the standard xbmc movie folder - all 3TB's of films and so I'm not too eager to now go back and start making folders for each of them just so I can put an extras folder onto the odd one.
Can I have the odd film in its own folder and the rest not? I thought it was 100% one way or the other for scraping purposes?

This takes me to naming convention number

2) Same directory.
So if all my films are in the root movies folder then I could use this method and just put the word -extras- in it.
Firstly, how does this look? I mean does file name 'fellowshipofthering.mkv' have a making of video and I title it 'fellowshipofthering-extras-.mkv'?
How does the extras file look? And if the making of video is titled in this way then surely I can only have a single extra as they would all need to be titled the sameHuh I'm confused.

3) remote location.

It leaves me thinking this would be the best way for me.
So what we're saying here is the folder should be called g:\extras\movies\*name of movie file*\ all extras video files?
*so the folder replicates the name of the video file exactly in order for the add on to know which film its for?

Sorry to be a pain in the arse. Does any of that make sense?

Thanks in advance

Update: sorry forget all that crap. It works fine using method 1.
Thanks for the help.
I can't seem to get this addon to work either. In reading the wiki I'm not quite sure how to use the -extras- tag. I turned on the debugging but I can't find the log file and I don't see anything in the wiki that tells where to find it.

I set up a folder for the remote location and went to settings and set the path etc, but I still just get a blank. I turned on system debugging but I think if I can look at the video extras log it would be very helpful.

I don't want to waste anybody's time until I look through the logs, sooooo Where might I find the log file??

Thanks...
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh, ok so then there is not a separate log file for the VideoExtras then. I looked through the system logs with verbose turned on but all I saw was the loading of the plugin not any of the plugin failure in the log. I guess I will have to keep searching the forum, I must have missed something.

Thanks
(2014-11-17, 15:58)vmax Wrote: Oh, ok so then there is not a separate log file for the VideoExtras then. I looked through the system logs with verbose turned on but all I saw was the loading of the plugin not any of the plugin failure in the log. I guess I will have to keep searching the forum, I must have missed something.

Thanks

Please read the wiki, it will save you a lot of time:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras#Debugging

Rob
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2