Skin dev RFC (unwatched) recently added using skin widgets
Lightbulb 
Over two years ago users started asking how you could show unwatched recently added items on the home screen.
It seems that a lot of team members agree that in this prominent place most users want to see recent items that you haven't watched yet.

Question to devs: why are you not using the skin widgets addon for this? Please do so.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=1428034
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
the goal of our standard skin is to use as little external scripts as possible.

what needs to be done (if anything) is change the logic in xbmc to only pull
unwatched recently added items from the database.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I know and I agree. Using the widgets addon would make it user friendly and configurable through the GUI to change the recently added options. You could maybe check for the presence of skin.widgets and use that when the user has it installed (not as a confluence dependency) otherwise fall back to the default.
There is only going to be a handful of users that do not only want to see the unwatched files so those people as an exception to the rule should change the xml manually and not the other way around.
To continue the discussion from PR5745, I'm confused as to why this specific PR was closed. How the PR uses another add-on sounds just like one of the examples the team has said about how this should happen for the default skin. That is, remove any requirement, but allow for additional functionality if installed, so long as the skin code is still reasonably maintainable, along with a reasonable demand for the feature. That sounds like what the PR did.
(2014-11-18, 03:28)Ned Scott Wrote: To continue the discussion from PR5745, I'm confused as to why this specific PR was closed. How the PR uses another add-on sounds just like one of the examples the team has said about how this should happen for the default skin. That is, remove any requirement, but allow for additional functionality if installed, so long as the skin code is still reasonably maintainable, along with a reasonable demand for the feature. That sounds like what the PR did.

Same reason as the "video extras"PR was rejected. No extra support for scripts added until a better way of handling is found.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-18, 11:03)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 03:28)Ned Scott Wrote: To continue the discussion from PR5745, I'm confused as to why this specific PR was closed. How the PR uses another add-on sounds just like one of the examples the team has said about how this should happen for the default skin. That is, remove any requirement, but allow for additional functionality if installed, so long as the skin code is still reasonably maintainable, along with a reasonable demand for the feature. That sounds like what the PR did.

Same reason as the "video extras"PR was rejected. No extra support for scripts added until a better way of handling is found.

I still haven't heard of a valid reason for excluding Video Extras as well. We don't want to open the flood gates, sure, but these are not niche features. There needs to be reasonable exceptions made for the short term, and that isn't happening. Maintainers of the default skin need to look beyond their personal preferences.
(2014-11-18, 19:33)Ned Scott Wrote: I still haven't heard of a valid reason for excluding Video Extras as well.

It is both possible and common for two different people to have differing opinions on what is "valid." I've personally heard a very valid reason for excluding video extras, but since you heard the same reason, I'm guessing our definitions of "valid" differ.
Just a heads up for anyone crossing this thread. We are getting there with a solution in core instead of skin/addon (thank you Memphiz): https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5747
Seriously Guies?

u realy want a Hardcoded Setting to hide unwatched Movies in Confluence Widget (to toggle in Kodi Settings??)

Lol.

No Idea what this shuld be about?

If you want a option to show only Unwatched Items in the recently Added Widget in Confluence, then Go and add someting like

"LatestUnwatchedMovie.[1-10].Title"

to the "Window(Home).Property(key)" Infolabels, and do it as a SkinSetting ("Hide Watched Movies from Widgets") or something like this!!
And go for <visible> or "<include condition="Skin.HasSetting()" in Confluence!

Such a Hardcoded Setting would at the End only effect Confluence, as many skins use <content target=videos>.... to do the widgets.

is this realy what you after?

Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin dev RFC (unwatched) recently added using skin widgets0