Crystalbuntu Apple TV 1 - video exits randomly
When I'm watching a video, the video sometimes stops and I am brought to the video library screen (the screen where I was previously). I then have to select the movie from the library to play again. This can happen two or three times throughout the whole movie.

I have reproduced the error and created a log file here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=220852

The video stops at around the time stamp 16:16:34

I've also posted a crash log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=220856

Below is my setup

version: XBMC 13.0

I'm using Crystalbuntu installed on an Apple TV 1 (silver) with a Broadcom BCM970015 card. Crystalbuntu is installed on the Apple TV's original 160GB IDE hard drive.

I am connecting to my video files through my ethernet connection to my Apple AirPort router which has a 1TB USB hard drive plugged into it.

I am using the SMB protocol to connect to the video files.

I have created an advancedsettings.xml file and set buffermode to 1, cachemembuffersize to 0 and readbufferfactor to 2.0. I have saved this file into ~/.xbmc/userdata/

The video files I am playing are mkv files. On average these files are about 8GB in size.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bump
Bump
If you remove your advancedsettings.xml file does it still exit as much or less or no change?
Ok, I have ruled out a network issue as I have played a movie from a USB external hard drive plugged directly into my Apple TV and the problem still persists.

I am going to try deleting the advancedsettings.xml file and see if this fixed it.

I have read in other posts that passthrough audio can cause this issue.
After deleting the advanced settings file, the issue has gone.

I was left with a second issue of XBMC buffering.

I fixed the buffering issue by using my mac mini as a UPnP server as I suspect my AirPort Extreme couldn't handle accessing the large files on the hard drive.

XBMC now runs much quicker on my ATV1 with no buffering. Yay!
Somebody can help me please i got the same issue where in the world i can find the file advancesettings to deleted
where's the advancedsettings.xmlHuh
(2014-11-22, 11:45)zaddiel1 Wrote: Somebody can help me please i got the same issue where in the world i can find the file advancesettings to deleted

If you don't know where it is then you've probably never made one. It doesn't exist by default. Details are here: advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystalbuntu Apple TV 1 - video exits randomly0