Fanart chage speed Aeon Nox 5
Does anyone know how to change the speed of fanart changes?

At the moment its about 10 seconds on the main screens which is far too quick for me.
Change the
Code:
<timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>

in defaults.xml line 13 to what you like (in ms).
Thanks!
Hmm I finally got round to trying this.

I changed the timeout to 70000 but nothing changed. It still changes every 10 seconds for some reason.

https://github.com/zag2me/Aeon-Nox/commi...b537b7a28f

Is there something I am missing?
Try 9000 or perhaps 12000. 70000 May be ok... I think 700000 May be an invalid internal...which is what your git file has.
Thanks will give it a try!

Ideally I would like to only see 1 random fanart per session until shutdown which is why I wanted the high timeout.
Did that do anything? Just for reference.
(2014-11-29, 23:29)McButton Wrote: Did that do anything? Just for reference.
I did this and it worked for me, used something close to 15000 if it matters.
(2014-11-29, 23:29)McButton Wrote: Did that do anything? Just for reference.

I tried changing the figure, but still get a new fanart every 10 seconds on the dot!

I must be changing the wrong thing maybe. I was wondering if because I use:

Set item background = "Use movie fanart"

That its hard coded somewhere?
AHA!

Yes I was correct that "Use Movie Fanart" seems to be hard coded to 10 seconds.

If I change the movie backgrounds to "Set Multi Image Background" then making the change works as expected.

Now I have a new problem that the fanart seems to change when I move the menu item Sad
(2014-12-02, 11:55)zag Wrote: AHA!

Yes I was correct that "Use Movie Fanart" seems to be hard coded to 10 seconds.

If I change the movie backgrounds to "Set Multi Image Background" then making the change works as expected.

Now I have a new problem that the fanart seems to change when I move the menu item Sad

I was recently looking through the readme of the script used for the fanart in Aeon Nox 5 and I remembered reading this thread and when I came across this it seemed relevant:

"Refresh Time: How long between property updates. Default is 10 seconds
Mode: Show fanart for recent items (10), or for random items

An example of setting these parameters using the RunScript function would be RunScript(script.grab.fanart,mode=random,refresh=10). If you want to include these settings are part of the regular skin settings you can pass these as parameters to RunScript upon hitting the home screen or in the Startup.xml file."

I hope it is helpful. Here is the link to git with the readme.
Great! We might be getting somewhere here Smile

I checked startup.xml and home.xml but couldn't see any mention of the script.grab.fanart

Will keep looking at the code...
OK after a quick chat with Bignoid on IRC I found out how to do this using the Grab.Fanart script.

Basically for whatever reason the settings for the script dont show in the XBMC GUI, so you have to edit the variable in the XML

https://github.com/robweber/script.grab....ttings.xml

Just go to the userdata folder for Kodi, and change the settings.xml file in /resources. I change mine to 100 seconds and it works now.

Thanks for everyones help.

EDIT: If you change the visible="false" to visible="true", you can then edit this from the Kodi GUI
(2014-12-08, 13:37)zag Wrote: Great! We might be getting somewhere here Smile

I checked startup.xml and home.xml but couldn't see any mention of the script.grab.fanart

Will keep looking at the code...

I only think that might be the case as it happens to be the default and in the current code there is nothing particularly specified to alter those defaults. So if anybody would want the 10 seconds to be different one would need to alter the include/refresh time in those particular areas in order for those actions/sections to be different than what is currently the default. Of course that is only my interpretation of the readme and only the other, way more knowledgeable than me, skilled skinners like phil65 and BigNoid would be able to refute and/or offer a different more accurate opinion.

Just saw your new info, sorry if this is redundant or inaccurate.

One more observation your visible="false" to visible="false" has no discernible difference in my view of the post. I can only assume that it was meant to be changed to "true" instead of "false"?

(2014-12-08, 13:52)zag Wrote: OK after a quick chat with Bignoid on IRC I found out how to do this using the Grab.Fanart script.

Basically for whatever reason the settings for the script dont show in the XBMC GUI, so you have to edit the variable in the XML

https://github.com/robweber/script.grab....ttings.xml

Just go to the userdata folder for Kodi, and change the settings.xml file in /resources. I change mine to 100 seconds and it works now.

Thanks for everyones help.

EDIT: If you change the visible="false" to visible="false", you can then edit this from the Kodi GUI
There's also a setting that forces fanart upon moving back to the home screen. Disable that. Easier fix? Seems like a lot of work for you to mess with something so trivial ......but we're all there. Why have I touched my settings and posted like 200 times this month? I'm obsessed with customizing, even though it's all just fine. We're all like artists...only not really. Just...can't...stop....adding...blue paint to...this...sky=)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart chage speed Aeon Nox 51