• 148(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
I think I got in figured out! If anyone else is interested and having the same issue with Boblight and Chromebox try this (I guess it resets the usb 3.0)

I used the following command to get the usb information:-

Code:
lspci | grep USB

which gave me this result:-

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series USB xHCI HC (rev 04)

using the numbers at the start of this 00:14.0 I added two lines to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.boblightd/sleep.d/boblightd.power like this:-

Code:
. /etc/profile

SERVICE="service.multimedia.boblightd.service"

case "$1" in
  pre)
    if systemctl is-active "$SERVICE" &>/dev/null ; then
      systemctl stop "$SERVICE"
    fi
    ;;
  post)
    if systemctl is-enabled "$SERVICE" &>/dev/null ; then
      echo -n "0000:00:14.0" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/xhci_hcd/unbind
      echo -n "0000:00:14.0" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/xhci_hcd/bind
      systemctl start "$SERVICE"
    fi
    ;;
esac
(2014-12-06, 09:31)Matt Devo Wrote: unfortunately, while I can find where in the code the VGA aperture is set to 256MB, I can't figure out how to alter that value. I've asked on the coreboot IRC channel for help.
Cool, appreciate anything you can do here. I know a lot of people use their chromeboxen for steam streaming, so it would be of benefit to more than just me.
I have been reading this thread for a while and must say, it has been informative. I have been running the Raspberry Pi - OpenELEC, for some time and decided to grab one of the ASUS Chromeboxes while they were on sale. Best money I have spent on technology in a while. This is a great device that performs exactly as indicated. Following the WIKI was easy and setup was a snap. Thanks Matt for all the hard work. Only downside to the upgrade was the loss of CEC commands. The Pi worked great from that aspect. Fortunately I have a Rosewill WMC RRC-127 remote and the IR receiver works with no issues. Now I just have to get my Harmony One programmed and it will be complete. Thanks again for a great experience!!!
I am having trouble connecting to a SMB share. The SMB share works fine from my two Mac Mini XBMC installations and two Windows XBMC installations.

I have the HP Chromebox + openelec installed and otherwise working fine. The box will connect through SMB to my other Windows based PCs (XP and VIsta) as well as my two macs without a problem. It will not connect however to a windows7 based FLEXRAID server. It gives a "connection times out" problem.

How do I start troubleshooting why the openelec box cant connect but the other machines can?

thanks
Not a chromebox question.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Where do I go to get help if its not a chromebox question?

I am having trouble setting up a connecting to a SMB share with my chromebox+openelec system which this forum seems appropriate for. (?)

Thanks
Where do I go to get help if its not a chromebox question?

I am having trouble setting up a connecting to a SMB share with my chromebox+openelec system which this forum seems appropriate for. (?)

Thanks
Hi all - wondering if someone might be able to help with this.

I have this 4 bay disk enclosure - http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-ProBox-...mediasonic - and was hoping to be able to plug it into my chromebox and for the chromebox to be able to share the drives with all my other devices, sort of using the chromebox and the enclosure as a NAS.

Currently I have 2 disks in the enclosure and when I plug it into the chromebox it only mounts one of the drives. Now I do see this drive when I search for it on other devices so the sharing aspect seems like it will work but the problem is that it only mounts one of the drives.

Is there a way to get the chromebox to mount all of the drives in the enclosure ?

Should mention that I am running it in standalone Openelec mode.

Maybe installing Ubuntu will help ?
I recently purchased an Asus Chromebox and I'm having an issue when I suspend the device. If I power it off via suspend it will automatically come back on within a few minutes. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a solution?
(2014-12-07, 00:29)bigdaddyo811 Wrote: Where do I go to get help if its not a chromebox question?

Thanks

sounds like a generic Kodi/Linux/OpenELEC question, so the Linux support forum would be more appropriate than the hardware forum, or this thread, which is just for the initial setup using my script

(2014-12-07, 00:34)dchabby Wrote: Hi all - wondering if someone might be able to help with this.

I have this 4 bay disk enclosure - http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-ProBox-...mediasonic - and was hoping to be able to plug it into my chromebox and for the chromebox to be able to share the drives with all my other devices, sort of using the chromebox and the enclosure as a NAS.

Currently I have 2 disks in the enclosure and when I plug it into the chromebox it only mounts one of the drives. Now I do see this drive when I search for it on other devices so the sharing aspect seems like it will work but the problem is that it only mounts one of the drives.

Is there a way to get the chromebox to mount all of the drives in the enclosure ?

Should mention that I am running it in standalone Openelec mode.

Maybe installing Ubuntu will help ?

Changing OSes in the hope of fixing an issue isn't the most efficient way to troubleshoot the issue. I'd hop on the OpenELEC IRC channel and see if someone there can help, since it's likely an OE (or Linux) issue vs a ChromeBox one

(2014-12-07, 01:03)tr0nllam Wrote: I recently purchased an Asus Chromebox and I'm having an issue when I suspend the device. If I power it off via suspend it will automatically come back on within a few minutes. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a solution?

the system log will tell you what device is causing the system to wake from suspend. You can also disconnect any/all peripherals and re-add them one at a time. But like the other questions above, your question is better answered in a forum/thread specific to the issue.
I have a Asus ChromeBox using the Ortek MCE Receiver via a Harmony One remote. Everything is working great. I have successfully used the manual update process of OE (http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updati...28Frodo.29) to update to OE 4.97.1 and then manually downgrade back to OE 4.2.1 without any problem so feel free to try Kodi and you can always go back. I downgraded back to OE 4.2.1 because the Suspend functionality was working perfectly under that version but when using OE 4.97.1 if I woke from suspend the device would play with lots of stuttering until I did a reboot.

So are we sure this is an issue with the Dual Boot or could it also be a problem with Koki RC1?

Also, I don't think I want to dual-boot anymore. Can I simply boot into ChromeOS and rerun the script but specify as stand-alone now? That's it?

Thanks A million, Matt! The existence of this script convinced me to pull the trigger on a ChromeBox and I am so glad I did. I am truly done with all the various android flavored boxes I have tried the past couple of years. Now, with very little effort I have FULL HD video and AUDIO all in one device using XBMC at the core.

-Darren
guys, I recently tried out OpenElec (Kodi) 5.0 RC1 and the lock-ups while video playback (frozen frame, audio still running, box not reacting anymore) started again. I tried to find the option in video settings to activate software filters (necessary for openelec 4 on chromebox) but it seems that option was gone so I had to revert back to stable v4 again. did you experience similar issues, and will this be fixed for openelec v5 stable?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2014-12-07, 09:04)darebee Wrote: I have a Asus ChromeBox using the Ortek MCE Receiver via a Harmony One remote. Everything is working great. I have successfully used the manual update process of OE (http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updati...28Frodo.29) to update to OE 4.97.1 and then manually downgrade back to OE 4.2.1 without any problem so feel free to try Kodi and you can always go back. I downgraded back to OE 4.2.1 because the Suspend functionality was working perfectly under that version but when using OE 4.97.1 if I woke from suspend the device would play with lots of stuttering until I did a reboot.

So are we sure this is an issue with the Dual Boot or could it also be a problem with Koki RC1?

Also, I don't think I want to dual-boot anymore. Can I simply boot into ChromeOS and rerun the script but specify as stand-alone now? That's it?

Thanks A million, Matt! The existence of this script convinced me to pull the trigger on a ChromeBox and I am so glad I did. I am truly done with all the various android flavored boxes I have tried the past couple of years. Now, with very little effort I have FULL HD video and AUDIO all in one device using XBMC at the core.

-Darren

Darren,

last I checked, resume from suspend still didn't work correctly under OE with a dual boot setup. If you want to move to a standalone OE setup, I'd use OE's backup function, copy the backup file to another machine, then boot ChromeOS, run the script, and choose the standalone/firmware install. Then reinstall OE and restore your settings from the backup. While you don't need to do that, you'll loose the disk space used by ChromeOS if you don't.

(2014-12-07, 11:00)Hannes The Hun Wrote: guys, I recently tried out OpenElec (Kodi) 5.0 RC1 and the lock-ups while video playback (frozen frame, audio still running, box not reacting anymore) started again. I tried to find the option in video settings to activate software filters (necessary for openelec 4 on chromebox) but it seems that option was gone so I had to revert back to stable v4 again. did you experience similar issues, and will this be fixed for openelec v5 stable?

the functionally equivalent setting for Kodi 14 / OE 5 is listed in the wiki, but I'll have to make it more clear I guess.
Apart from flirc does anyone of any small cheap infra red dongles that work the chromebox?
(2014-12-07, 15:27)kaiseruk Wrote: Apart from flirc does anyone of any small cheap infra red dongles that work the chromebox?

The Rosewill RC6 MS Media Centre dongles have worked fine for me, with Media Centre and One4All pretending to be Media Centre remotes. I mainly use a PS3 Blu-ray Bluetooth remote with my Chromebox at the moment though, as it doesn't require a dongle.
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37