• 12(current)
Kodi Animation thread
(2014-12-08, 04:42)natethomas Wrote: .. Looks really cool.

... and less Captain Kirk-ey.
samfisher's animation with the sound effects addition:

\m/
Perfect!! Love
@joethefox, nice try, thank you for that, but sound effect needs to be more subtle, imo. This one's too much. And it doesn't make any sense with the folding part. The folding part is the essence of animation but during that part the sound effect is already fading away.

nice animation that last one, portuga2000. Simple but still impressive. As natethomas said, I too like treating every peace of kodi logo separately. Could you do variations how kodi text is displayed? Maybe crt style could be used somehow?
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2014-12-08, 23:39)weirdinin Wrote: @joethefox, nice try, thank you for that, but sound effect needs to be more subtle, imo. This one's too much. And it doesn't make any sense with the folding part. The folding part is the essence of animation but during that part the sound effect is already fading away.

"Nice try, thank you for that, but (no)"? I haven't used this expression in a while, but dang, man, who died and made you king?

Sometimes a person appears who hasn't submitted his own version or in any other way established his own credentials, and yet is very specifically negative about an attempt, often speaking with a strangely odd air of actually being in charge of the project altogether, and I wonder, "Who is this guy, and why in the world should I take him seriously?" That has just occurred.

As a reminder to everyone, in the future please try to keep your comments positive and avoid negging people, particularly when your negative is, at best, a personal opinion that's obviously not shared by everyone around you. It's very possible to provide suggestions for improvement without disparaging the work already produced.

And back on point, joethefox, I liked the animation sound very much. Was kind of a neat twist on the THX deep note.

here's my "nice try" of audio over samfisher/portuga2000 combo.. of course it's just an idea and slightly loose too, but I was bored.
(this is still my favourite video combo)
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2014-12-09, 01:11)fastcolors Wrote: here's my "nice try" of audio over samfisher/portuga2000 combo.. of course it's just an idea and slightly loose too, but I was bored.
(this is still my favourite video combo)

Also pretty cool. This one gives me a Aliens or Terminator 2 vibe for some reason.
@weirdinin, for the truth during the folding part you should hear that the sound moves from outside towards the center, should be listened with the Hi-Fi turned on Smile
I would say that this intro sound wasn't made by me, but it's from a friend of mine and my only requirement was to have a friendly sound. I'll give him your feedback, maybe he can trick something during the folding part!
Just a random thought i had while browsing this thread.
I've always liked the HBO intro, it sums up the service perfectly. Static turned to clarity with a pleasant tone, as if to say you've found clarity among the mess of other programming.

Anyway, While I do like the existing animations (very much so). If there is going to be a boot animation, I feel like it should have meaning and not just exist to look cool.
(2014-12-09, 10:48)joethefox Wrote: @weirdinin, for the truth during the folding part you should hear that the sound moves from outside towards the center, should be listened with the Hi-Fi turned on Smile
I would say that this intro sound wasn't made by me, but it's from a friend of mine and my only requirement was to have a friendly sound. I'll give him your feedback, maybe he can trick something during the folding part!

I hear you, LTE rumbles and motion SFX don't get along well with small and closeby speakers.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2014-12-09, 10:48)joethefox Wrote: should be listened with the Hi-Fi turned on Smile

This. I just listened to it through HDMI to my monitor, and it sounded like someone tearing a sheet of toilet paper. After Nate's comment, I switched on the subwoofer... oooh... yum :-)

More liver-rattling bass notes! More!

(Old clubbers never die, it seems...)
(2014-12-09, 00:17)natethomas Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 23:39)weirdinin Wrote: @joethefox, nice try, thank you for that, but sound effect needs to be more subtle, imo. This one's too much. And it doesn't make any sense with the folding part. The folding part is the essence of animation but during that part the sound effect is already fading away.

"Nice try, thank you for that, but (no)"? I haven't used this expression in a while, but dang, man, who died and made you king?

Sometimes a person appears who hasn't submitted his own version or in any other way established his own credentials, and yet is very specifically negative about an attempt, often speaking with a strangely odd air of actually being in charge of the project altogether, and I wonder, "Who is this guy, and why in the world should I take him seriously?" That has just occurred.

Did not mean to hurt anyone, I'm sorry Sad. English is not my native language. I, honestly, didn't find my post that offensive but apparently you did, natethomas, so I apologise for being too harsh with words. I want to highlight it was an opinion, not an absolute truth. That doesn't make me a king or even a stable boy, does it? I'm not thinking I'm in charge of this project in anyway, I don't even want to, far from that. I hope the rest of you didn't get the same feeling as natethomas got. Sorry for stepping on your toes, natethomas.

I do appreciate the work joetheking did per se, but I found that sound effect didn't match with the animation and decided to give my opinion so that the sound effect could be polished more. I thought opinions were asked by those who posted animations here... But apparently I'm too outspoken and opinions without actually contributing by making own version are not wanted here so I won't take a participant in this thread anymore (well, perhaps I could give a shot but that wouldn't be even a "nice try"). And sorry if this or my previous posts in this thread or in any other thread have also been too harsh for you guys. Don't like team kodi as a group any less after this, keep up the good work.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2014-12-09, 13:03)weirdinin Wrote: I found that sound effect didn't match with the animation and decided to give my opinion so that the sound effect could be polished more.

Perhaps you have to think at it as a jingle that fits into the animation and not as the sound effects of the animation.
Done? You can hear now the art? ><' (just kidding)
To be clear, weirdinin, giving opinions is fine. And you are welcome to continue participating in the thread, even if you don't make your own version. Smile My request is that you attempt to be a bit more positive.

With that said, as a non-native speaker, you likely didn't know that "nice try, but..." is typically how English speakers start a sentence in which they don't mean "nice try" at all. Such a sentence beginning is almost always code for, "Terrible try, and here's why, and also you're an idiot." Had I realized you were a non-native speaker, I likely would have been a bit more forgiving of the use of the expression and instead have just suggested that you avoid using it in the future.

So my apologies for the misunderstanding.
EDIT: never mind, I see from your reply above where you got the impression from. All is well.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8