• 153(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
I don't know if this has anything to do with the BIOS, or Chromebox setup, but after shutting down the device, my Apple Wireless Keyboard does not reconnect, even though it's listed.

I also use a PS3 BD Remote, and a Logitech BT mouse which both work fine, but not the AW Keyboard? And it's a pain to get it reconnected, as one needs to keep the power button pressed the whole time while pairing. After standby it works just fine?!

Setup:
Asus Chromebox
OpenELEC 4.2.1 standalone install
Apple Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth reallySmile
(2014-12-09, 13:56)magy77 Wrote: Hey Matt,

will this fix the freeze driver hang in RC3?

* Fix crashes on certain Intel GPU when playing video

no, that's a Windows-only issue that was fixed

(2014-12-09, 15:21)dmalovic Wrote: I don't know if this has anything to do with the BIOS, or Chromebox setup, but after shutting down the device, my Apple Wireless Keyboard does not reconnect, even though it's listed.

I also use a PS3 BD Remote, and a Logitech BT mouse which both work fine, but not the AW Keyboard? And it's a pain to get it reconnected, as one needs to keep the power button pressed the whole time while pairing. After standby it works just fine?!

Setup:
Asus Chromebox
OpenELEC 4.2.1 standalone install
Apple Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth reallySmile

sounds more like an OpenELEC / BT issue. Report it as an issue, and just suspend vs shut down in the meantime?
(2014-12-09, 09:42)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 07:42)jsp1 Wrote: Weird, I checked and my early unit did not have the screw opposite of the WP screw, while my new unit did. It also came with an "Intel inside" sticker which wasn't on the old unit. Subtle differences, I wonder if they just forgot the screw on my original.

Does the Acer have two ram slots? The processor isn't really a selling point IMO, although it does support slightly faster ram.

Can you do me a favor a take a pic of yours? I'm curious if there was a board revision at some point.

The Acer, while it does have two ram slots, is a bit more of a pain to open up, and def more of a pain to access the ssd/wifi/ram as they're all on the underside, and require complete disassembly/removal of the board. The fan is also slightly louder than the Asus - I'd say it's on par with the Dell, but quieter than the HP by far.

Sure, I'll get a pic up as soon as I can. Not at home at the moment.
(2014-12-09, 19:25)jsp1 Wrote: Sure, I'll get a pic up as soon as I can. Not at home at the moment.

am curious if it really is different from the pic on the wiki
I just ran this script on my HP Chromebook 14". Everything went flawlessly, I ran the factory reset, then on boot up selected my wifi and on agreed to terms. I never signed in at all and ran the script, selected dual boot, rebooted, it fixed and rebooted into chrome, I selected my wifi network and again ran the script without logging into chrome. I selected 30 second boot into openELEC. I see a blank screen. It seems like the computer is running, but I see blank screen if I wait the 30 seconds, or if I hit CTRL-L. If I hit CTRL-D it boots into Chrome fine (still haven't logged into Chrome). I see in the wiki some screens have a problem. I tried hooking up to my tv with hdmi, but no luck. I assume I should be seeing something on the actual laptop screen though right? I saw someone had this problem and it was recommended to do the factory reset. Should I just perform a regular factory reset again, and should that solve things, or do I need to re-run the script after doing another factory reset?
Just went through and did the reset and ran through the script twice again and still see nothing on my screen when doing the boot into openElec :-(
(2014-12-09, 23:06)tublecane Wrote: Just went through and did the reset and ran through the script twice again and still see nothing on my screen when doing the boot into openElec :-(

does the HP ChromeBook 14 have a working legacy boot from the factory? If so, you might try restoring the stock legacy bios, as I haven't tested my "tweaked" legacy bios on a ChromeBook, so I'm not sure if there are any issues with initializing the onboard display (though I have built standalone firmwares for the Acer C720 and HP 14 which I'm told do work). Everything I've done is tested on the ChromeBoxes; the Books aren't really tested/supported.
How would I restore the stock legacy bios? I did do the dual boot ubuntu and that worked, although the touchpad wasn't working in ubuntu so I had to plug in a mouse.
(2014-12-10, 00:33)tublecane Wrote: How would I restore the stock legacy bios? I did do the dual boot ubuntu and that worked, although the touchpad wasn't working in ubuntu so I had to plug in a mouse.

that's well beyond the scope of this thread (and my script), which is just for ChromeBoxes. But since Ubuntu loaded, it wouldn't appear to be an issue with the legacy BIOS - more likely the bootloader. Can you boot/run an OpenELEC live USB stick?

If you want to dual boot Ubuntu, you should just use Jay Lee's ChrUbuntu script, which should load all the necessary drivers for a ChromeBook.
Finally getting around to removing Dual-Boot Chrome\OE. I was able to get into ChromeOS once but I logged in just to see if my Google drive space would be expanded +100 GB but it didn't. Now I can't seem to get into the bash shell. It boots and it is asking for my password (remember already logged in once). Have hit Ctrl-Alt-F2 and nothing happens. How can I get into bash shell so I can change the boot options before I remove dual boot and then run the single boot OpenELEC option...?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Darren
(2014-12-08, 18:05)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 09:08)tr0nllam Wrote: Has anyone had an issues using the DisplayPort on the Asus Chromebox in Openelec? I am trying to use a DisplayPort to HDMI cable for audio only, but I'm getting nowhere. I've hooked it up to both my TV and computer monitor and I can't get video or audio when it's connected. Does anyone have any possible fixes?

As I was just messing around with it some more, I realized that it does briefly give me a picture while it is booting up, but it goes off before I ever see the Openelec boot image. Any ideas?

DisplayPort works fine by itself, it's what I use here. DisplayPort as audio only? Not sure that's a supported configuration, or why you're trying to do that.

The problem is that I can't get the DisplayPort to work by itself. I can get it to work via HDMI, but when I try to use only a DisplayPort to HDMI cable, I see the brief flash of text before Openelec boots, but then my TV stops getting a signal and I'm left with no video or audio when it boots into Openelec.

Any ideas?
(2014-12-10, 04:30)darebee Wrote: Finally getting around to removing Dual-Boot Chrome\OE. I was able to get into ChromeOS once but I logged in just to see if my Google drive space would be expanded +100 GB but it didn't. Now I can't seem to get into the bash shell. It boots and it is asking for my password (remember already logged in once). Have hit Ctrl-Alt-F2 and nothing happens. How can I get into bash shell so I can change the boot options before I remove dual boot and then run the single boot OpenELEC option...?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Darren

are you using a wireless keyboard? try toggling the power on/off

(2014-12-10, 05:06)tr0nllam Wrote: The problem is that I can't get the DisplayPort to work by itself. I can get it to work via HDMI, but when I try to use only a DisplayPort to HDMI cable, I see the brief flash of text before Openelec boots, but then my TV stops getting a signal and I'm left with no video or audio when it boots into Openelec.

Any ideas?

why aren't you using a straight HDMI cable? I've heard nothing but issues from people using DP-->HDMI adapters/cables. My DisplayPort connection/cable works perfectly, I test both DP and HDMI before each release.
(2014-12-10, 07:06)Matt Devo Wrote: why aren't you using a straight HDMI cable? I've heard nothing but issues from people using DP-->HDMI adapters/cables. My DisplayPort connection/cable works perfectly, I test both DP and HDMI before each release.

I was hoping to use HDMI for video and DisplayPort to HDMI to HDMI/Optical splitter for audio. I have been using the HDMI splitter for both, but it only works sporadically for video. Sometimes, when it switches refresh rate, it gives me nothing but static for a picture. It only requires me to switch to a different input and then switch back, but it's still annoying. I need the splitter because my receiver does not have any HDMI inputs, so I need to use optical for audio. I figured if I could use the DisplayPort for audio, it would allow me to hook up the HDMI directly to my tv and avoid the problems I've had with the splitter.
(2014-12-10, 08:29)tr0nllam Wrote: I was hoping to use HDMI for video and DisplayPort to HDMI to HDMI/Optical splitter for audio. I have been using the HDMI splitter for both, but it only works sporadically for video. Sometimes, when it switches refresh rate, it gives me nothing but static for a picture. It only requires me to switch to a different input and then switch back, but it's still annoying. I need the splitter because my receiver does not have any HDMI inputs, so I need to use optical for audio. I figured if I could use the DisplayPort for audio, it would allow me to hook up the HDMI directly to my tv and avoid the problems I've had with the splitter.

a much simpler and more reliable setup would be to just use a USB audio device for your optical output and HDMI for video. I use/recommend the Turtle Beach one listed in the wiki, it's plug/play in OpenELEC.
(2014-12-10, 09:32)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 08:29)tr0nllam Wrote: I was hoping to use HDMI for video and DisplayPort to HDMI to HDMI/Optical splitter for audio. I have been using the HDMI splitter for both, but it only works sporadically for video. Sometimes, when it switches refresh rate, it gives me nothing but static for a picture. It only requires me to switch to a different input and then switch back, but it's still annoying. I need the splitter because my receiver does not have any HDMI inputs, so I need to use optical for audio. I figured if I could use the DisplayPort for audio, it would allow me to hook up the HDMI directly to my tv and avoid the problems I've had with the splitter.

a much simpler and more reliable setup would be to just use a USB audio device for your optical output and HDMI for video. I use/recommend the Turtle Beach one listed in the wiki, it's plug/play in OpenELEC.

Yeah, it appears I'm going to have to go down that route. Thanks for your help.
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37