• 156(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-12-11, 17:45)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 16:01)sh33p Wrote: newbie question here, got the Asus CB on black friday from amazon
played with it a bit, removed the write protection and installed stand alone OE
it was running nicely for a few days (connected to sammy tv via hdmi)

took it today to work to show it to some guys that were interested in buying it too, connected to some monitors with DP
i can only see the seabios screen and nothing further, tried to install some linux distros but i can see only the install splash screen booting and nothing further again
parted magic working well and seems that hd and ram are ok

any ideas?

no, but I can verify that DisplayPort works correctly here on my Dell 2408WFP. Assume you've tried more than one cable/monitor?

just got back home, plugged it back to the tv with hdmi, everything is fine :\
must say, that i've tested with dp to hdmi adapter at work - maybe that's what caused it
(2014-12-11, 19:45)sh33p Wrote: just got back home, plugged it back to the tv with hdmi, everything is fine :\
must say, that i've tested with dp to hdmi adapter at work - maybe that's what caused it

DP-->HDMI adapters seem to be problematic, based on others experiences in this thread
I used a DP -> DVI and it failed too.... but HDMI worked great.
ASUS CHROMEBOX (M004U) 2GB RAM 128GB M.2 SSD :: OpenELEC 5.0 RC2 x86_64
yea sorry, messed up again, it was dp to dvi adapter, not hdmi
Not sure if it's in this thread or the other one, but the "tearfree" option for the intel GPU driver did fix my tearing in Netflix without breaking VAAPI acceleration in Kodi. I suggest adding it to the wiki.

Normally I don't even notice tearing, and I play most games with vsync off, but it was REALLY bad in Netflix. You couldn't miss it.
(2014-12-11, 20:19)rodalpho Wrote: Not sure if it's in this thread or the other one, but the "tearfree" option for the intel GPU driver did fix my tearing in Netflix without breaking VAAPI acceleration in Kodi. I suggest adding it to the wiki.

Normally I don't even notice tearing, and I play most games with vsync off, but it was REALLY bad in Netflix. You couldn't miss it.

if by "tearfree" option you mean THIS fix by @tetsuya then it is in both main asus chromebox threads and yes i do too think it should be added to the wiki.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-12-11, 20:16)sh33p Wrote: yea sorry, messed up again, it was dp to dvi adapter, not hdmi

same thing (just a different physical form factor)

(2014-12-11, 20:19)rodalpho Wrote: Not sure if it's in this thread or the other one, but the "tearfree" option for the intel GPU driver did fix my tearing in Netflix without breaking VAAPI acceleration in Kodi. I suggest adding it to the wiki.

thanks for confirming

(2014-12-11, 20:37)Veronica Wrote: if by "tearfree" option you mean THIS fix by @tetsuya then it is in both main asus chromebox threads and yes i do too think it should be added to the wiki.

added. will also add to the dual-boot Ubuntu install for next script update.
Excellent!

And yes it is in both threads, but this thread is 156 pages long.
(2014-12-11, 22:02)Matt Devo Wrote: added. will also add to the dual-boot Ubuntu install for next script update.

We are in love Smile))) Thanks a bunch!
The "Tearfree" fix is fully wrong. It introduces Triple Buffering and Sync Playback to Display won't work correctly anymore. The Tearing was an issue of OpenELEC picking a broken intel xorg driver which only "simulated" bufferswaps.

Besides that, the GPU hang seems finally be fixed. I pushed the relevant commit to OpenELEC master yesterday.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-12, 09:12)fritsch Wrote: Besides that, the GPU hang seems finally be fixed. I pushed the relevant commit to OpenELEC master yesterday.

great news, look forward to seeing that in the next RC/stable release
It's in master for now until tested correctly, as I ported it from nightly to 3.18 to 3.17.

I have one succesful report yet: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1859368

Some more would not hurt.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-12, 09:12)fritsch Wrote: The "Tearfree" fix is fully wrong. It introduces Triple Buffering and Sync Playback to Display won't work correctly anymore. The Tearing was an issue of OpenELEC picking a broken intel xorg driver which only "simulated" bufferswaps.

Besides that, the GPU hang seems finally be fixed. I pushed the relevant commit to OpenELEC master yesterday.
I don't use openELEC, I run kodi nightly in ubuntu 14.10. Kodi never had problems with tearing; netflix in chrome browser did.

Is the GPU hang fix in Kodi or the openELEC video driver? Any idea when it'll come to normal linux?
(2014-12-12, 15:42)rodalpho Wrote: I don't use openELEC, I run kodi nightly in ubuntu 14.10. Kodi never had problems with tearing; netflix in chrome browser did.

Is the GPU hang fix in Kodi or the openELEC video driver? Any idea when it'll come to normal linux?

GPU hang bug/fix is in the Intel kernel driver - see: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...4b8fbbadc9
Great, hopefully it'll make it into 3.19.
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37