• 20(current)
Google Nexus Player
I have been using the RC3 for the last few days and have noticed a great improvement on the overall stability and playback of media and streaming of content. Thanks team Kodi for all your efforts
I updated to RC3, enabled logging, then started watching a video (handbrake encoded mp4 from an HDHomerun .ts source). It's been playing fine for 30 minutes so far. From what I remember, RC1 & RC2 would've crashed by now. If it does crash, I'll post my logs.
(2014-10-17, 18:15)hdmkv Wrote: This was an issue with my Synology and trying to stream via SMB. I had to use 32k buffer and NFS to stream 3D ISO's so they didn't stutter when those peak bitrates were hit during heavy action scenes.

How did you end up with your connection to your Synology? I have just gotten my Player and installed Kodi. I only had a short time to try and setup, but struggled to get it to connect to my Synology DS413 via Network Share or SMB. With items connecting via Netrowrk Share in the past, the device trying to connect usually gets prompted to enter the username and password for NAS access. This never happened with Kodi on the Player. On my computers with Kodi installed, I have had the Diskstation mounted so it didn’t have to ask for permission, this was done by the computer already.
How have you gotten your player to stream from your Synology. I did get it to work via UPnP, but that only gave access to the 3 standard Media folders Video, Music and Photo. I don’t actually keep my media in those folders.

EDIT: I think I found it after simplifying my Google search - http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS#Synology
(2014-12-15, 21:44)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 21:41)enchanter100 Wrote: I have it figured out. Any movie I converted using mkv2vob for my ps3 would do it. So I just keep em mkv or convert them to avi. No biggie.

Can you please create a small sample for me? Or perhaps upload it to some place where I could download it? Can do it through PM if you want to not make it public. We shouldn't crash on any video so it needs to be fixed

Tried PM'ing you but disabled. I can't figure out how to just cut 5 min of video. Avidemux keeps changing the cut to avi and then it works.. Here's the media info.

Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 1.85 GiB
Duration : 1h 9mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 3 797 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : 27
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 970 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 40.0 Mbps
Width : 960 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.179
Stream size : 1.45 GiB (78%)
Writing library : x264 core 113 r1884 7313bb5
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=2970 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.0

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : 129
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 320 MiB (17%)
I did notice that the Daydream function kicks in randomly and throws me out of Kodi. This never happened on the ADT-1 which uses ARM. Could mean a Android bug perhaps
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That's exactly what's happening to me. Getting kicked out and Daydream screen popping. But not with the ARM version.
(2014-12-16, 23:02)JoHasse Wrote: That's exactly what's happening to me. Getting kicked out and Daydream screen popping. But not with the ARM version.

Noticed other weird issues as well. Netflix hung on closing which never happened to me on ARM.
I have the feeling it could be Android itself misbehaving which is out of our hands.
I'm not sure if every time mine crashed it went to the daydream screen, but I know sometimes it did. Perhaps there's some sort of 'keepalive' api that can be used by Kodi to tell Android not to go into daydream mode while Kodi is running.
(2014-12-16, 23:13)KeithLM Wrote: I'm not sure if every time mine crashed it went to the daydream screen, but I know sometimes it did. Perhaps there's some sort of 'keepalive' api that can be used by Kodi to tell Android not to go into daydream mode while Kodi is running.

But why doesn't it happen on the ARM version?

Even at exiting Kodi it straight kicked to Daydream while again ARM never did.
Unless you are using my "daydream" PR, it cannot kick in while Kodi is running. Most probably, Kodi dies, then immediately daydream kicks in because the wake lock is freed.
I have kodi crash on me pretty frequently and maybe twice it has gone to daydream after the crash. Most of my viewing is wtv files taken from my hd homerun prime on Comcast. I will upload some samples tomorrow if someone can please have a look. I have had these crash both when viewing the previously recorded shows via the livetv pvr.wmc add on as well as when playing the same files via plexbmc. Tried many versions and cannot get rid of the crashes. Going to try beta 1 as some people say they have had no crashes with that.
(2014-12-16, 23:37)Koying Wrote: Unless you are using my "daydream" PR, it cannot kick in while Kodi is running. Most probably, Kodi dies, then immediately daydream kicks in because the wake lock is freed.
Whats your "daydream" PR? I know what standard android daydream is. Has anyone tried disabling daydream?

I may be getting a nexus player for xmas so I'm following this thread with glee. Should be a great replacement for my boxee box.
Slightly OT:

I'm also thinking that the game controller may be the ultimate remote lol
I loved the xbox controls with the original xbmc. I'd be very nostalgic getting it mapped the same.

But truthfully the best remote would be a bluetooth/ir with just the right amount of buttons. Bluetooth for the player and ir for volume/power on my tv, which doesn't support hdmi cec. These don't seem to exist. The only ones I can find have WAY more buttons than are useful and I like to keep it simple for the WAF.
I don't see the options for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD capable receiver. Are these available somehow? I'd like to bitstream all the audio formats to my receiver, not convert everything to PCM. I see the DD and DTS options, but not the HD options.
(2014-12-17, 07:11)KeithLM Wrote: I don't see the options for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD capable receiver. Are these available somehow? I'd like to bitstream all the audio formats to my receiver, not convert everything to PCM. I see the DD and DTS options, but not the HD options.

DTS-HD and TrueHD passthrough are not presently supported by the Android platform. They may or may not get added in future Android versions (I might look into it myself later).
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7