• 17(current)
Kodi Animation thread

Sorry for my bad english.

This is a simple animation of a basic-zoom. I do not really have time to work on it but if it can inspire another.

Some tips for others after seeing their work:

- Do not forget that the logo shook displayed on large screens, so do not fill the entire space with the logo, let the margin

- Avoid unnecessary rotations and other effects to your animation, people tired quickly to such effect and since we may see a bunch of times ...

- Think what happens before and after the animation. the previous screen pressed on black front and after on a screen mostly dark for most skin (I know mine does not repecte that)

Good Luck !
(2014-12-17, 18:05)Triodes Wrote: [quote='samfisher' pid='1847976' dateline='1417182825']
Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Second:
I also think the first one is the best.
But i also agree that the rotation in the end is unnecessary.

I agree the first is best, but I disagree that the rotation at the end is unnecessary. i think the small rotation at the end with the Kodi name is the cherry on top of a great animation. It gives it some personality as opposed to just sliding up or appearing.

I also like the idea of allowing users to put an animation somewhere that Kodi will use as the opening animation.
(2014-12-17, 12:38)samfisher Wrote: Image
This is really nice. If I were you I'd look like mad for ways of making it shorter, though.

Actually, I've gone backwards and saw several others really nice from you. Hats off to you, some real talent on display here.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2014-12-19, 13:54)ashlar Wrote:
This is really nice. If I were you I'd look like mad for ways of making it shorter, though.

Actually, I've gone backwards and saw several others really nice from you. Hats off to you, some real talent on display here.

I like this idea perhaps the best, however the X > K transitions is not part of this, and the | | spinning seems once too many times for me.

Maybe if this went to X for one blink and then to K would tell some story.

Also maybe The > (play) should be the start press, seems like pressing stop actually started the animation unfolding, idk :/
(2014-12-19, 14:12)uNiversal Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 13:54)ashlar Wrote:

I like this idea perhaps the best, however the X > K transitions is not part of this, and the | | spinning seems once too many times for me.

Maybe if this went to X for one blink and then to K would tell some story.

Also maybe The > (play) should be the start press, seems like pressing stop actually started the animation unfolding, idk :/

Also like this one ... but is it possible to make a "Transformers" version of this ... start with the "X" and transform into the "K"?
I was pretty excited to see such creativity for the splash screen. I wanted to see how it would actually look like on my screen and it is awesome! Kudos and hats off to Samfisher. I created a short video of it in action (no audio). Smile
Thanks!

@MadClown: looks good! And very nice TV Smile

@Verderer @uNiversal: yeah maybe X>K can be done in that animation as well, but I think it probably works better with the origami idea. Will get back to it later, too many ideas!

Something just for fun Smile

1080p version: LINK
^^^ Simply awesome
Amazing, very creative.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-12-19, 16:35)MadClown Wrote: I was pretty excited to see such creativity for the splash screen. I wanted to see how it would actually look like on my screen and it is awesome! Kudos and hats off to Samfisher. I created a short video of it in action (no audio). Smile

Wait, did I miss where it was shown how you can set these up as the splash screen?

That looks great.
(2014-12-19, 19:40)samfisher Wrote: Image

<<blown away, not just by your work but the mere fact you can dream up these ideas! ONE QUESTION why are you not working for Apple? seriously, have you done any work like this for a company as a job? really good to see your creative art! thanks
(2014-12-19, 22:22)AmericanAl Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 16:35)MadClown Wrote: I was pretty excited to see such creativity for the splash screen. I wanted to see how it would actually look like on my screen and it is awesome! Kudos and hats off to Samfisher. I created a short video of it in action (no audio). Smile

Wait, did I miss where it was shown how you can set these up as the splash screen?

That looks great.

You didn't miss anything. I just had the animation play on top of Kodi. Then when it finished, switch to Kodi to the foreground and full screen (all done through Event Ghost). This simulated (sort of) how the splash screen would look in action.
(2014-12-19, 19:40)samfisher Wrote: Thanks!

@MadClown: looks good! And very nice TV Smile

@Verderer @uNiversal: yeah maybe X>K can be done in that animation as well, but I think it probably works better with the origami idea. Will get back to it later, too many ideas!

Something just for fun Smile

My new favorite!!! Love the plasma cutter idea!
One request, if I may: make the final animation (breaking the elements apart) more fluid. The stop points are unnecessary and make it less "professional", for the lack of a better expression.

+5, in any case.
I think the stop points would make more sense with audio. It's like you're clicking the panel open, then pulling the shades apart.
(2014-12-19, 19:40)samfisher Wrote: Something just for fun Smile

That is begging for the Mission Impossible theme tune Big Grin
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8