• 71(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
Hello. I've messed up the skin. When I clicked "music", i want to be able to go to my files. Now I can't. I can in playlist mode. But that's not the same, as I can't delete files that way.
Maybe a stupid question but if i queue items to watch how do i actually get the queue to start with refocus?
Request. After I fast forward, rewind, or pause, some of the displayed information takes too long to disappear. The upper right information disappears fast, like I would want. The upper left and bottom information takes a couple seconds longer to disappear. I posted about this and someone said in their skin it disappears fast, so I guess it is related to reFocus.
This may the wrong thread but I'm giving it a shot. I'm looking for the "old" version of reFocus, the one that was before this very nice revamped version. I like it and all but I liked the old one better. Anyway. My Google fu is weak, could anyone point me in the right direction? My skill with the searchengine aren't that great either.
(2014-11-14, 21:35)EyeCandy Wrote: Request. After I fast forward, rewind, or pause, some of the displayed information takes too long to disappear. The upper right information disappears fast, like I would want. The upper left and bottom information takes a couple seconds longer to disappear. I posted about this and someone said in their skin it disappears fast, so I guess it is related to reFocus.

It's not refocus related. This has to do with your hardware. Except in the case of animations, the skin does not control how fast items are drawn on your screen. This is determined by the capabilities of your system. On a low-end system like an RPI it might be slow, on a really ramped up PC it might by almost instant.

(2014-11-21, 13:23)naDah Wrote: This may the wrong thread but I'm giving it a shot. I'm looking for the "old" version of reFocus, the one that was before this very nice revamped version. I like it and all but I liked the old one better. Anyway. My Google fu is weak, could anyone point me in the right direction? My skill with the searchengine aren't that great either.

Check the github branch for Frodo 0.9.5 https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.ref...rodo-0.9.5 The XBMC (Kodi) version is important here. If you're using Gotham or Helix don't expect this to work.
(2014-07-10, 15:48)Branphma Wrote:
(2014-07-09, 18:52)Unfledged Wrote: I could be completely wrong, but take a look at the advancedsettings.xml option imageres, which details how large the artwork images XBMC caches are. By default it's 720, but on some systems it's even lower (RaspBMC for example, has it set by default to 540). On a 1080p tv, it's possible the cached images are being saved in a resolution lower than the height of your screen which would explain their low quality.

You are a genius. Thanks a bunch for that hint! Now I can enjoy everything in crytal clearCool

Hey did you ever get this to work? I'm having the same issue with posters. I did the <imageres> fix in advancedsettings.xml and set it to 1080, and now the posters are being scraped into my Thumbnails folder at 1080, but for whatever reason they're still showing blurry/low res (720) like they used to. I've deleted my Textures13.db and Thumbnails folder as well and cleared out my db's. I also compared the scraped poster in my Thumbnails folder to a screenshot in Kodi and the poster is definitely sharper/clearer. It's almost as if it's still loading the old blurry/low res poster somehow. Did you have to take any other steps?
Question 
Excellent skin. I noticed a few problems and would like to provide feedback.

1) Using kiosk mode creates a gap in the fanart while in gallery mode (e.g. TV Shows, Movies).

2) The text can be hard to read with some fanart.

The PVR section works surprisingly well with the IPTV Simple add-on and a network tuner (HDHR4-2US), but changing channels is visually clunky.

3) The "buffering" text isn't necessary, IMO.

4) The "buffering" text and time/weather icon disappear before the main info bar.

Ideally, only the time/weather icon and main info bar would display on each channel change and then disappear simultaneously a few seconds later.
(2014-08-09, 00:20)dynamic2 Wrote: in 1.4.0 i get this error nah it isnt a real error but its double tumb images the one behind is the the right one like in 1.3

Same problem here..
Has anyone found a fix for it?
Thanks!
Hello everyone,

I have been back in the country again for a couple of weeks now and just sat down to look into recent Kodi developments in order to start development on reFocus again. Unfortunately I also just heard the news about Unfledged retiring from Kodi. As most of you will know Unfledged has been a great contributor to reFocus and Kodi in general. Working with him to implement several of his add-ons into reFocus has been a great experience, so it saddens me to see him go.

So I would like to take the opportunity to express my thanks to him, even though he will probably not read this.

Thanks for everything Unfledged.
Jeroen, you are always a class act and so was Unfledged, very very sad to see him leave the Kodi community.

Anyways, I am wishing good things in the future for Jeroen, Unfledged & Refocus.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2014-12-23, 16:21)Jeroen Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have been back in the country again for a couple of weeks now and just sat down to look into recent Kodi developments in order to start development on reFocus again. Unfortunately I also just heard the news about Unfledged retiring from Kodi. As most of you will know Unfledged has been a great contributor to reFocus and Kodi in general. Working with him to implement several of his add-ons into reFocus has been a great experience, so it saddens me to see him go.

So I would like to take the opportunity to express my thanks to him, even though he will probably not read this.

Thanks for everything Unfledged.

Glad to have you back. I was reviewing some of the various reFocus mods that were Helix compatible and it just didn't feel right using one. Hoping you have enough time to make reFocus work on Helix, still hard pressed to find another skin I like as much.

Sad to hear about Unfledged, his addons (such as skin shortcuts) were one of a kind and really advanced the state of customization for users. I noticed all his git repos are gone now as well - anyone quick enough to do some forks before they went down? If so please PM me, would be nice to get a line on where these will be maintained (I'm assuming they will, way too many people using them to toss them out now).
@Raitsa: thanks mate, appreciate it

@robweber: Thanks Rob. It amazes me and pisses me off how the behaviour of so called adults can be so immature it can take away someone's enjoyment in something. Some people really need to take a good look in the mirror.
Unfledged is such a nice person, probably too friendly and helpful for his own good though.

Anyway, first couple of Helix compatibility updates done and on Git. Still have quite a way to go though.
Glad to see you're back, and just in time for the Helix release too! Big Grin

I don't know Unfledged or his work, but I definitely enjoy ReFocus and by extension whatever contributions he has made. His and your work are enjoyed by the silent majority, who may never speak up and say thank you... but appreciate it all the same.

I thought of another suggestion after using the skin for a few weeks. A "random" or "shuffle" option on the shelf view would be useful for static libraries that are usually updated in bulk. Currently, adding a TV box set makes all 25 suggestions the last 25 episodes of the series. Adding a shuffle option would allow the shelf to alternatively be used for re-discovering old content.
Thanks ZwartePiet Smile

Surely setting the shelf to display a smart playlist using the random setting would do what you ask I think?
Welcome back, looking forward to the next version! Smile
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14