• 30(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hi Bromax, thanks a lot for this addon. For some reason the standard Youtube addon won't work at all for me no matter what I try.

Is there a way for other popular streaming apps to link with your add on, instead of the default one?

Thanks again.
Stupid question, but why not instead of having to manually input the viewtype number, it gives us a drop-down list of the ones available in our skin?

Also would it be possible to have an option to hide playlists of channels, or navigating to the playlists via context menu rather than it take up a space with the videos?
bromix Wrote:Only the following durations are possible: YouTube APIv3 - Seach (Video Duration)
Where/How to show these settings so usability won't suffer?

bromix ok.

it would be nice in setting will be place to choose:

video duration : any , short, medium, long
order by : date, rating, relevance, title
sort : ascending , descending

and support to control this parameters from other plugins (and ignore this setting and use command parameters instead by filed ignore=ok).

for example command will be:

plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=wwe&videoduration=long&orderby=rating&sort=descending&ignore=ok

thanks
When using a "unsupported" skin you throw up the numeric input dialog instead of a list of skin views. Please skip this part if you don't have the full skin view list. Current way is to confusing for normal users.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I signed in, entered the code and the red youtube logo is the only thing I see in the widget where there used to be images of trending videos or movie trailers. If I click in the widget I see my subscriptions etc but no images in the widget itself. Is this normal?
Hey,

I need to say big thank you for the region settings. You are the man. Big Grin
(2014-12-24, 17:03)Martijn Wrote: That first time setup wizard needs to say in the header of the dialog that it affects the Youtube plugin. Now it's just totally unclear
You're right. With next update I will put the name of the Addon in the header.

(2014-12-24, 23:06)xNuSeNsE Wrote: Hi Bromax, thanks a lot for this addon. For some reason the standard Youtube addon won't work at all for me no matter what I try.

Is there a way for other popular streaming apps to link with your add on, instead of the default one?

Thanks again.
Starting with KODI other addons should work with this addon.

(2014-12-25, 09:06)isamu.dragon Wrote: Stupid question, but why not instead of having to manually input the viewtype number, it gives us a drop-down list of the ones available in our skin?

Also would it be possible to have an option to hide playlists of channels, or navigating to the playlists via context menu rather than it take up a space with the videos?
Each skin has it's own IDs and also different ones for each content type, so I have to know them before I can display them. But see the replay of Martijn. I won't show the numeric input if I don't know the correct IDs. But I will provide them in the 'Advanced settings' (numeric).
Possible yes, but all context navigation in this way suffers usability for most users, because a playlist belongs to a channel (and there are more things I could display for a channel [related playlists, more channels of the channel owner, the own subscriptions of the channel owner]- would you also put them all into the context menu? Wink )

(2014-12-25, 09:51)b2kb2k Wrote:
bromix Wrote:Only the following durations are possible: YouTube APIv3 - Seach (Video Duration)
Where/How to show these settings so usability won't suffer?

bromix ok.

it would be nice in setting will be place to choose:

video duration : any , short, medium, long
order by : date, rating, relevance, title
sort : ascending , descending

and support to control this parameters from other plugins (and ignore this setting and use command parameters instead by filed ignore=ok).

for example command will be:

plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=wwe&videoduration=long&orderby=rating&sort=descending&ignore=ok

thanks
In the normal settings to confusing. I would prefer an additional dialog (call via context) so everything can be set up, because the settings need to be localized. And see GitHub, it's on my ToDo.

(2014-12-25, 12:52)Martijn Wrote: When using a "unsupported" skin you throw up the numeric input dialog instead of a list of skin views. Please skip this part if you don't have the full skin view list. Current way is to confusing for normal users.
Okay, with the next update. I skip these settings for unknown skins.

(2014-12-25, 14:28)Tennyten Wrote: I signed in, entered the code and the red youtube logo is the only thing I see in the widget where there used to be images of trending videos or movie trailers. If I click in the widget I see my subscriptions etc but no images in the widget itself. Is this normal?
Sounds like a skin tries to work with this addon, but the url doesn't match anymore. Please contact the dev. of the skin. This would speed up things before I take a look into that.

(2014-12-25, 17:44)casual Wrote: Hey,

I need to say big thank you for the region settings. You are the man. Big Grin

You're welcome Wink
I think I just got "swapped" over to this add on from the "original'.

I didn't download this beta nor install it, that I recall.

I just installed Helix 14.0 yesterday and did watch a few Youtube items before hitting the hay last night and now POOF, beta.

No issues to report, just confused and there is no helping me with that.

Is there a "download" function like in the other?
Not a deal breaker in any way.

There was a bazillion items that came up in my search on download in this thread and that gave me a headache.

How you all add on creators do this is way beyond me, I am grateful.
Hey,
it would be very nice if the addon would support the 1080xf Skin (Id: skin.1080xf) with their views "Viewtype-List", "Viewtype-InfoList", "Viewtype-ThumbnailVideo".
The activation-dialog to connect to your account doesn't show the line with the code in that skin, only the description to visit "youtube.com/activate" and enter the following (not shown) code Smile don't know if its addon related or skin related.

Another thing is the order of sorting the videos of subscribed channels. the old one shows them in the order they were published with the newest one first but now i can't detect any order in sorting.

In the context menu of the old youtube addon was an option to add the video to the now playing playlist of kodi itself. I'm looking "let's plays" with my kodi and queued my videos one time and then watch them in a row, now the option is missing Sad

some translations are terrible****...but basicly it's a great evolution for the plugin "youtube", thanks a lot

matthias

--------------------------------

edit:

i think the content of the language strings with the following id's should be changed:

English:
Code:
<string id="30504">Subscriptions</string>
<string id="30510">My Subscriptions</string>
to
Code:
<string id="30504">Subscribed Channels</string>
<string id="30510">Subscribed Videos</string>

And in German:

Code:
<string id="30504">ABOS</string>
<string id="30510">Meine Abos</string>
to
Code:
<string id="30504">Abonnierte Kanäle</string>
<string id="30510">Abonnierte Videos</string>

I can't speak french so don't know the strings for that language.
(2014-12-26, 03:29)MadZeh Wrote: Hey,
it would be very nice if the addon would support the 1080xf Skin (Id: skin.1080xf) with their views "Viewtype-List", "Viewtype-InfoList", "Viewtype-ThumbnailVideo".
The activation-dialog to connect to your account doesn't show the line with the code in that skin, only the description to visit "youtube.com/activate" and enter the following (not shown) code Smile don't know if its addon related or skin related.

Another thing is the order of sorting the videos of subscribed channels. the old one shows them in the order they were published with the newest one first but now i can't detect any order in sorting.

In the context menu of the old youtube addon was an option to add the video to the now playing playlist of kodi itself. I'm looking "let's plays" with my kodi and queued my videos one time and then watch them in a row, now the option is missing Sad

some translations are terrible****...but basicly it's a great evolution for the plugin "youtube", thanks a lot

matthias

--------------------------------

edit:

i think the content of the language strings with the following id's should be changed:

English:
Code:
<string id="30504">Subscriptions</string>
<string id="30510">My Subscriptions</string>
to
Code:
<string id="30504">Subscribed Channels</string>
<string id="30510">Subscribed Videos</string>

And in German:

Code:
<string id="30504">ABOS</string>
<string id="30510">Meine Abos</string>
to
Code:
<string id="30504">Abonnierte Kanäle</string>
<string id="30510">Abonnierte Videos</string>

I can't speak french so don't know the strings for that language.

You're right...the sorting while directly navigating to one subscription is sometimes of -> see GitHub - I try to fix this with beta2.

It's a beta therefore some context menu items can be missing, sorry for that Smile I look into that.

For the 1080xf Skin can you provide me with the IDs of the view and the names (see first post for this thread)

For the translation...sorry...I'm not quite the fan of full german sentence translations Wink (I'm german - and I have to deal with this kind of translations for almost 8y in my job *GRRRR*). These are the original translations of YouTube, the translation of the old addon were confusing and doesn't replicate the structure of the webpage (also the App on smartphones has the same translations, so I won't reinvent YouTube).

Thanks for your feedback, I try to fix the issues above. And if you can provide fixes via GitHub, you're welcome Smile
What happened to the option to set it where it asks you what resolution you want to play, sometimes my connection can't play 720p at peak time so I select lower resolutions.
Could you also drop the (beta) from the addon title?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-26, 03:08)aksarge Wrote: I think I just got "swapped" over to this add on from the "original'.

I didn't download this beta nor install it, that I recall.

I just installed Helix 14.0 yesterday and did watch a few Youtube items before hitting the hay last night and now POOF, beta.

No issues to report, just confused and there is no helping me with that.

Is there a "download" function like in the other?
Not a deal breaker in any way.

There was a bazillion items that came up in my search on download in this thread and that gave me a headache.

How you all add on creators do this is way beyond me, I am grateful.

Yes...you "swapped" automatically Smile starting with KODI we use this version of the YouTube Addon. I saw a lot of request in the other thread for the download feature. It's on my ToDo to validate for a feature, because I never needed or used it.

(2014-12-26, 09:44)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: What happened to the option to set it where it asks you what resolution you want to play, sometimes my connection can't play 720p at peak time so I select lower resolutions.
Via context menu: "Add-on settings" -> "General: Video Quality"

(2014-12-26, 09:48)Martijn Wrote: Could you also drop the (beta) from the addon title?

Yes.
Thank you!
Another vote to include the download features of the old Youtube plugin.

I was really disappointed this was taken away.

Anyone have an idea on how to revert to the old plugin in the interim until this is replaced?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20