• 180(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Is it be possible to reboot from ChromeOS to use CTRL-L and boot into openelec? Just wondering. No biggie.
(2014-12-28, 01:06)imagamer2k Wrote: Is there a way to control the boot device/order (like on a pc), so that I could boot from the sdcard slot (if sdcard is installed) and boot from the ssd to ChromeOS if there is no sdcard present?
What I would like to do is put OpenELEC on an sdcard and only have the card inserted when I want to run Kodi, otherwise, I would leave the card out and it would boot to ChromeOS...when I want to use Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, etc.

no. The stock ChromeOS firmware is not designed for that. At boot, you either select ChromeOS on the internal SSD (CTRL-D), or the legacy BIOS (CTRL-L). The boot order of the legacy BIOS can altered, but not without modifying it and re-flashing. There is no user-interactive BIOS interface like on a traditional PC.

(2014-12-28, 01:28)Arse4life Wrote: Is it be possible to reboot from ChromeOS to use CTRL-L and boot into openelec? Just wondering. No biggie.

what you are asking is unclear.
Bummer! Sad Thanks for the quick reply, Matt. Smile
Can i put the firmware screw back after i updated it to the coreboot firmware or do i have to leave it out?
Looks like the official OpenELEC 5.0 build will be put up soon. It is already on their release server:

REMOVED UNTIL MIRRORS ARE UP

speedbal

Sorry Devs.
Thanks for spreading links before the mirrors are up ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-28, 18:39)fritsch Wrote: Thanks for spreading links before the mirrors are up ...

Sorry. Removed links.
Lol, put them back in - it's too late :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-28, 17:41)Takashuri Wrote: Can i put the firmware screw back after i updated it to the coreboot firmware or do i have to leave it out?
RTFW Smile
http://releases.openelec.tv/

why is this not allowed?
There is no forbidden sign. We have a reason to first provide that link when the announcement is out, so that the mirrors are synced. So different people from different countries get plain nothing when clicking those links ...
So is there a easy way to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 5.0 now?
I've tried to set up my Asus Chromebox using the script to dual boot ChromeOS and Ubuntu. I've used the scripts and everything seems to have gone through fine, but when I try and boot Ubuntu all I get is a black screen. I've tried two different TVs thinking maybe it was a display issue, but both had the same black screen.

I set it to install 14.10 and Ubuntu desktop. I've also tried running the script the second time twice and get the same problem.

Any advice?
(2014-12-28, 21:01)rmilyard Wrote: So is there a easy way to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 5.0 now?
As easy as every other update. Download tar. Shift to .update/ on htpc. Reboot.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No really ... it's a complete transition from xbmc to kodi, skins will stop working, addons also will.

There won't be an auto upgrade, cause of this.

I highly suggest: Doing a backup and a fresh installation. You can export / import the data base then
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37