• 8(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
(2015-01-01, 02:31)DruTheFu Wrote: PM sent with the log info

thanx, this is a known bug in Kodi Helix 14.0 that only affects android devices.

the only solution for now is to install a nightly built (where this bug has been fixed).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for looking into this for me ronie.

As much as I want this Add-On to properly function, I'm still noob-ish with Kodi, so I'll probably wait until a stable version of Kodi is released that corrects this issue. Hopefully it's sooner than later, so I can show off Kodi to the wife and be like "see how cool this thing is?"
having a slight issue with this addon.
I have 3 Kodi boxes in my house, so I do have a custom setup. I have my userdata folder located on a network drive which each Kodi is setup to use via the advancedsettings.xml

The Addon keeps showing an error during updates. what seems to be happening is the Addon creates some map folders in the local userdata folder during the initial addon install (userdata/addon_data/weather.openweathermap.extended/maps), which after the update get deleted/removed.

on subsequent updates the folders do not get recreated and the addon does not look to the networked/shared userdata folder for the map folders. the addon just displays an error. If I manually create the folders in the local userdata/addon_data/weather.openweathermap.extended/maps folder the Addon will update normally, but again get deleted after the update.

If I disconnect my network setup and use the local userdata (I have to manually recreate the map folders, or reinstall the addon from a clean install), everything seems to work correctly.

Just wondering if there is a workaround or if this can be fixed in the addon.

here's the clip from my log

22:10:34 T:140544028894976 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/xbmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.openweathermap.extended/maps/precipmap/'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 989, in <module>
forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
File "/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 207, in forecast
shutil.rmtree(precipmapdir)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 239, in rmtree
onerror(os.listdir, path, sys.exc_info())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 237, in rmtree
names = os.listdir(path)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/xbmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.openweathermap.extended/maps/precipmap/'
-->End of Python script error report<--
don't move addon_data to another location.
it's simply not supported by Kodi.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-01-01, 16:49)ronie Wrote:

thanx, this is a known bug in Kodi Helix 14.0 that only affects android devices.

the only solution for now is to install a nightly built (where this bug has been fixed).

Thanks again for the info ronie. By chance do you know if in fact a Nightly Build resolves this Android bug, and if so, do you happen to know which dates' build solves this?

Thanks again
(2015-01-08, 22:32)DruTheFu Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 16:49)ronie Wrote:

Thanks again for the info ronie. By chance do you know if in fact a Nightly Build resolves this Android bug, and if so, do you happen to know which dates' build solves this?

Thanks again

any nightly builds from december 8th or later have the 'PIL fix' that was causing this addon to crash on Android.

now there is another bug that is still affecting some (not all) android devices.
due to this bug you can not configure this addon, as it will fail to save the weather locations.
there is currently no fix for that: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/13913
Hi ronie
Tried installing your new weather addon, but can't get it to work.

Looks like it's fetching the right maps, but no forecasts.

Debug Log
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi.
Does the peronal weather station option work?
I have tried to link my pws to this plugin but i get no reading at all. I tried couple of other pws id's too but same result.
(2015-01-09, 03:37)wgstarks Wrote: Hi ronie
Tried installing your new weather addon, but can't get it to work.

Looks like it's fetching the right maps, but no forecasts.

(2015-01-09, 13:12)sanity Wrote: Hi.
Does the peronal weather station option work?
I have tried to link my pws to this plugin but i get no reading at all. I tried couple of other pws id's too but same result.

hi, could the both of you create a debug log for me in this way:
1) enable debug logging in kodi
2) enable logging in the openweathermap addon
3) restart kodi
4) reproduce the problem
5) post the log on pastebin.com
(2015-01-09, 03:37)wgstarks Wrote: Debug Log

(2015-01-09, 13:45)ronie Wrote: hi, could the both of you create a debug log for me in this way:
1) enable debug logging in kodi
2) enable logging in the openweathermap addon
3) restart kodi
4) reproduce the problem
5) post the log on pastebin.com

Was there something wrong with this one? Pretty sure I had everything set right but I can post the log again if you need me to.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I forgot to register my station at the openweather site. That seems like a no go for me unfortunatly Sad
This was so easy to setup with wunder weather.
In this plugin, is it the same procedure when adding a pws? Example "pws:my station id"
(2015-01-09, 15:51)wgstarks Wrote: Was there something wrong with this one? Pretty sure I had everything set right but I can post the log again if you need me to.

ah sorry, your logfile is correct.
could you please pastebin your settings file as well?
(/Users/wgstarks/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.openweathermap.extended/settings.xml)
(2015-01-09, 17:34)sanity Wrote: In this plugin, is it the same procedure when adding a pws? Example "pws:my station id"

nope, only the station id is needed.
(2015-01-10, 17:10)ronie Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 15:51)wgstarks Wrote: Was there something wrong with this one? Pretty sure I had everything set right but I can post the log again if you need me to.

ah sorry, your logfile is correct.
could you please pastebin your settings file as well?
(/Users/wgstarks/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.openweathermap.extended/settings.xml)

settings.xml

Not sure if it means anything, but I'm also having a similar problem with the personal API version of the Wunderground addon. Can there be problems related to specific locations?
(2015-01-10, 18:06)wgstarks Wrote: settings.xml

Not sure if it means anything, but I'm also having a similar problem with the personal API version of the Wunderground addon. Can there be problems related to specific locations?

it's odd as Chapel Hill works fine on my end.
did you perhaps ever modify some of the settings in the Expert tab?

you can probably fix it by just going to the Location setup tab
and do a search for Chapel Hill again.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2