• 7(current)
Solved Milkdrop 2 for XBMC
Happy Days! Smile
Wow! Just stumbled upon this and tried it - and YEAH! Thank you sooo much!!!

(I've tested on one Win7x64 and one Win8.1x64 and Milkdrop2 worked out-of-the-box in Kodi 14.1rc without the need of installing anything, btw.)
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2014-12-29, 13:41)DarkHelmet Wrote: I too can confirm that after installing Winamp XBMC no longer freezes when I use Milkdrop 2.

Well whataya know?! Installing Winamp fixed it!
Guess there's a library missing somewhere.

Thanks for the fix!

(2014-12-17, 02:31)badaas Wrote: Might be solved already elsewhere.., but I fixed my freezing windows Plex Home Theater (xbmc branch) by installing the latest winamp with milkdrop2 included, then uninstalling it (or keep if you want w/e). Cured my freezing. I also ran a dxweb end user microsoft dx installer to try squeeze in some old directx 9 missing dll's or whatever.. all works fine now. Have heard just installing winamp worked Smile

http://www.geisswerks.com/milkdrop/winam..._en-us.exe

Thanks SO much for the fix!
MrC, once more thank you. Listening to music now, in front of big TV, Milkdrop2 rules!
Hope you'll want to develop it further (settings, etc.).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Sorry for the obviously dumb question but where are you putting thus to get it to work? I've tried putting it in the addons folder but still only get milkdrop 1 in visualisations. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks
was really looking forward to trying this but once ive put the "visualization.milkdrop2" folder in the addons folder and started up kodi i cant see milkdrop2 in visualization addons Huh? how do i get this working please ?
Quote:Edit: Perhaps I should add that the music keeps playing while the GUI just becomes unresponsive. This is what I mean by "crashing".

+1

13.2 1080p here in case it helps.

Same here, tried with both Gotham and Helix release, selected milkdrop2 and display was held, music continued OOPs... read some of the internal HTML and installed WinAmp just in case I was missing something from that install... and lo & behold I was, the plug-in works now!

Many Thanks the new visualization is appreciated. With 500+ presets, I've been screen grabbing all afternoon Smile

ATI HD 5770 gfx card, win7/64
You need to select MilkDrop 2 as the default Visualiser in the music settings screen.

I also placed mine in the "userdata" addon folder, NOT the Kodi install folder - Addons folder.
hope someone can shed a little light on this for me

i downloaded milkdrop2 xbmc master zip package from the github. unpacked. copied the visualization.milkdrop2 found inside Binaries folder to my
.kodi > userdata > addon_data folder.

when i play music i have no option to select milkdrop2 from the visualization options. the options remain none>directx>milkdrop>votrex>waveform

using kodi 14.0 on windows 7 64bit

black glass nova skin

any help would be appreciated
Big Grin 
thanks guys , i got it working . i too had to install winamp for it to work but hey, happy days .

moosenoz it goes in program files/kodi / not roaming/kodi
Throw it into C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons not the userdata folder.

(2015-01-17, 14:55)moosenoz Wrote: hope someone can shed a little light on this for me

.kodi > userdata > addon_data folder.
i saw the visualization.milkdrop folder in the addon_data folder and assumed milkdop2 had to be in same folder.
switched to the addon folder and milkdrop2 can now be selected.

that said, i experience the same issues as those listed by others. kodi gui becomes unresponsive while music is still playing
must ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager and exit
Did you install a complete WinAmp and change your setting in the system>music>playback?
(2015-01-17, 20:43)moosenoz Wrote: i saw the visualization.milkdrop folder in the addon_data folder and assumed milkdop2 had to be in same folder.
switched to the addon folder and milkdrop2 can now be selected.

that said, i experience the same issues as those listed by others. kodi gui becomes unresponsive while music is still playing
must ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager and exit

The addon_data folder is where addons store their settings. This way if you uninstall then re-install an addon you won't need to set it up from scratch. It will reuse the settings you defined from the the last time you installed/configured/ran that addon.
(2015-01-17, 23:42)PatK Wrote: Did you install a complete WinAmp and change your setting in the system>music>playback?

much thanks for all your help PatK.

if there's no other fix than installing winamp to get mikdrops2 working in kodi, than i don't see myself doing that.
i'm not that desperate to see new milkdrops visualizations. i'm sure a temp fix will be figured out.

cheers to all the devs working on this fantastic visualization.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop 2 for XBMC3