• 19(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Bryanbrazil, unfortunately many of skins translation strings are incorrect. I have latest git version with updated Transifex translations and I'm using estonian translation. Estonian language is 100% translated, but skin still displays original english text in many places.
(2015-01-07, 20:35)djstallion Wrote: Bryanbrazil, unfortunately many of skins translation strings are incorrect. I have latest git version with updated Transifex translations and I'm using estonian translation. Estonian language is 100% translated, but skin still displays original english text in many places.
I can only include what Transifex gives me. If any of the translations are incorrect, you will need to create an account on Transifex to correct them.

I'm aware of a few viewtype names that are not yet localized (will be in next version tho). Is this what you are seeing, or are there other strings that aren't localized either?
I have Transifex account and I finished estonian translation by myself. Skin displays many strings still in english what are included in strings.po and also translated to estonian. I think You have incorrect hooks in skin files, etc string id and hooks in skin files didn't match. I hope You will understand, what I mean.
(2015-01-07, 21:22)djstallion Wrote: I have Transifex account and I finished estonian translation by myself. Skin displays many strings still in english what are included in strings.po and also translated to estonian. I think You have incorrect hooks in skin files, etc string id and hooks in skin files didn't match. I hope You will understand, what I mean.
Will investigate tonight, but the skin xmls are fine. Maybe the other language string IDs don't match the English strings.po for some reason.

Update: Ah, I checked Transifex and see you submitted the Estonian translation 5 hours ago. I downloaded the languages last night and pushed them to git. So your changes are not in the git version of the skin yet. Will do another language update before I submit Mimic 1.0.2 to the repo later this week.
Hello there,

I've been using this skin, and have found something wierd... I´ve got selected the recent movies widget in the movies section and the recent episodes in the tv shows section. When in the movie screen, going up it shows the recent movies and I can go left or right browsing. If then I move to the tv shows screen, going up, initially it shows me posters of movies... then, after 3 or 4 seconds, it refreshes the widget and then appears the posters of the tv shows with the recents episodes. Is this happening to someone else?
(2015-01-08, 01:55)Jocatheo Wrote: Hello there,

I've been using this skin, and have found something wierd... I´ve got selected the recent movies widget in the movies section and the recent episodes in the tv shows section. When in the movie screen, going up it shows the recent movies and I can go left or right browsing. If then I move to the tv shows screen, going up, initially it shows me posters of movies... then, after 3 or 4 seconds, it refreshes the widget and then appears the posters of the tv shows with the recents episodes. Is this happening to someone else?
I don't see that on my end, but I'm using an Intel i3 with ssd and 8 gb of ram. Are you using a low powered system like the pi?
(2015-01-08, 02:19)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 01:55)Jocatheo Wrote: Hello there,

I don't see that on my end, but I'm using an Intel i3 with ssd and 8 gb of ram. Are you using a low powered system like the pi?

Yes, I'm using a raspberry pi. Maybe it's some limitation of the pi.
If I move from the tv shows to the movies sections, it displays the widget correctly. Only when I move from movies to tv shows that this thing happens.
I've tested with Confluence and Amber skins, and this situation doesn't repeat there.
(2015-01-07, 22:46)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 21:22)djstallion Wrote: I have Transifex account and I finished estonian translation by myself. Skin displays many strings still in english what are included in strings.po and also translated to estonian. I think You have incorrect hooks in skin files, etc string id and hooks in skin files didn't match. I hope You will understand, what I mean.
Will investigate tonight, but the skin xmls are fine. Maybe the other language string IDs don't match the English strings.po for some reason.

Update: Ah, I checked Transifex and see you submitted the Estonian translation 5 hours ago. I downloaded the languages last night and pushed them to git. So your changes are not in the git version of the skin yet. Will do another language update before I submit Mimic 1.0.2 to the repo later this week.

Hmm, I just did another download from Transifex, but Github isn't showing any changes from what I pushed last night. Can you give me an example of a string that you translated but is being displayed in English instead?
I just found a weird behavior in several video add-ons.
I am using Youtube beta (New version) with my login and subscriptions.
The only view I get in the Youtube and few other add-ons is list view.

I really like the square thumbnail view, which shows nice logos created by the channels (e.g. The verge etc.)
I think it is skin related as in the Eminence skin (in Gotham) shows those thumbnails perfectly.
Is it because the Eminence has square thumbnails and Mimic has rectangular thumbnails? Just a guess..!

Thanks,
V
(2015-01-08, 08:34)vab.patel Wrote: I just found a weird behavior in several video add-ons.
I am using Youtube beta (New version) with my login and subscriptions.
The only view I get in the Youtube and few other add-ons is list view.

I really like the square thumbnail view, which shows nice logos created by the channels (e.g. The verge etc.)
I think it is skin related as in the Eminence skin (in Gotham) shows those thumbnails perfectly.
Is it because the Eminence has square thumbnails and Mimic has rectangular thumbnails? Just a guess..!

Thanks,
V

Not sure about YouTube, but I just tested the Sports Illustrated video addon. All of the video views are available to it. (Note: several fixes are in 1.02 which is only available on github currently.) There isn't a square icons view though. I would consider adding one if someone tells me what visibility condition I can use so that it would only be available for video addons.
Can i change the fanart overlay in the menus example when i in genesis and the fanart has an overlay in the homescreen i already changed it thanks in advanced
First of all, let me congratulate you for Mimic, to sum it up your skin made me change from Aeon Nox 5 which I'd been using for as long as I remember. I wasn't sure where I should request features (kodi forum or github) so I decided to start here.

Since moving from Aeon Nox 5 I'm missing two features from it:
- TriPanel view;
- Video ending time in player when showing commands or during pause.

I tried looking for a way to do it on my own and contribute to Mimic, but my skinning skills are close to none and couldn't find my way through it.

Thanks in advance,
Rolando
(2015-01-08, 11:29)mexxenpsv Wrote: Can i change the fanart overlay in the menus example when i in genesis and the fanart has an overlay in the homescreen i already changed it thanks in advanced
Not sure what you are asking for exactly, but please note that discussion of banned addons is not allowed in the forum.

(2015-01-08, 15:41)rolando.isidoro Wrote: First of all, let me congratulate you for Mimic, to sum it up your skin made me change from Aeon Nox 5 which I'd been using for as long as I remember. I wasn't sure where I should request features (kodi forum or github) so I decided to start here.

Since moving from Aeon Nox 5 I'm missing two features from it:
- TriPanel view;
- Video ending time in player when showing commands or during pause.

I tried looking for a way to do it on my own and contribute to Mimic, but my skinning skills are close to none and couldn't find my way through it.

Thanks in advance,
Rolando
Thanks! Tripanel view didn't look too good after removing the background panels, so I removed it entirely. No plans to bring it back. Video end time has been added to the seekbar and will be in the next version.
Hi! I'm running mimic 1.0.2 on Helix 14 and love it.

But i found one Bug in the recordings-view. The text of the description overlaps the title and the second description line gets out of the Navigation-bar.
(2015-01-08, 18:48)Smille Wrote: Hi! I'm running mimic 1.0.2 on Helix 14 and love it.

But i found one Bug in the recordings-view. The text of the description overlaps the title and the second description line gets out of the Navigation-bar.
Can you post a screenshot? My recordings don't have descriptions, so can't duplicate the alignment issues.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9