• 73(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
I'd like to bump this and point to an EPG issue fully explained in this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214303
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-01-08, 22:52)Piers Wrote: I'd like to bump this and point to an EPG issue fully explained in this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214303
Thanks for the reminder, forgot about this. Will work on this during the upcoming weekend.

PS: For a detailed explanation see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1778272
(2015-01-08, 22:55)manül Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 22:52)Piers Wrote: I'd like to bump this and point to an EPG issue fully explained in this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214303
Thanks for the reminder, forgot about this. Will work on this during the upcoming weekend.

PS: For a detailed explanation see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1778272

You're welcome, also I should have searched further into the post - I've just read the post and then see your reply :p I've taken a look through the skin and have got it working correctly, by editing ViewtypesPVRGuide.xml (all skins) - but it obviously doesn't show the extended information, which I don't expect it to. I've also taken a look at the api and DvbData.h as well as DvbData.cpp - I can see your notes in there about rewriting that part Smile

(2014-10-05, 00:25)manül Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 16:25)trogggy Wrote: Firstly thanks for making this - I've been using the plug-in for 3 months or so, the whole pvr thing via xbmc / kodi is great.
But (yep)... there appears to be a problem with disabling notifications if there's no connection to the recording service.

With other plugins you get one 'no connection' notification / beep and then silence. With dvbviewer the messages repeat meaning the plug-in has to be disabled.
Hopefully there's a fix for this? I've tested clean installs on windows, openelec, android and the behaviour's always the same, so presumably it's a plugin issue?
Googling led me to a similar issue with the myth-tv plugin - possibly related?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150144
I guess the "Unable to connect to the backend service. Error: ..." message gets triggered too often.
Please open up an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addons. I'll take a look when I have more time.

Is there existing a solution meanwhile? In previous releases (Frodo/Gotham build-in), there was no such problem.
Just wondering how things are in windows land with dvbviewer and teletext subs using xbmc- no offense, just an inquiry.
(2015-01-10, 03:24)philsu Wrote: Just wondering how things are in windows land with dvbviewer and teletext subs using xbmc- no offense, just an inquiry.

Using Windows 8.1 - DVBViewer Recording Service set up on one PC and client used on a few more. Works as expected, although no subtitle support and the above EPG issue. Apart from that, this add-on is immensely impressive.

This is request, rather that a bug. Would it be possible to include the Signal Strength in future versions. When pressing 'o' to see codec information, both bars show 0. From what I've seen on the DVBViewer forum, it's possible.

(2015-01-11, 07:28)Piers Wrote: This is request, rather that a bug. Would it be possible to include the Signal Strength in future versions. When pressing 'o' to see codec information, both bars show 0. From what I've seen on the DVBViewer forum, it's possible.
This has been removed in 1.8.10 because of two reasons:
* There is no real API to retrieve the current signal level. Instead the RS status site has been parsed, which was error prone.
* Kodi triggers the signal status function every ~1s even when no channel is currently being played. However accessing the RS webserver prevents Windows from entering sleep mode. So standby was unreliable.
(2015-01-11, 17:14)manül Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 07:28)Piers Wrote: This is request, rather that a bug. Would it be possible to include the Signal Strength in future versions. When pressing 'o' to see codec information, both bars show 0. From what I've seen on the DVBViewer forum, it's possible.
This has been removed in 1.8.10 because of two reasons:
* There is no real API to retrieve the current signal level. Instead the RS status site has been parsed, which was error prone.
* Kodi triggers the signal status function every ~1s even when no channel is currently being played. However accessing the RS webserver prevents Windows from entering sleep mode. So standby was unreliable.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I agree about the API - I expected more documentation and options.

Hello,

there was a problem discussed last year that when you start watching a recording which is still running the replay will stop when it reaches the end position of the recording from the time when the replay started.
So when you start to watch a recording 15 minutes after the start the replay will end after 15 minutes although the recording has been extended meanwhile.

Is there a solution meanwhile for this problem. It seems that this still exists. Anything I can do about this through configuration of either DVBViewer Recording Service or KODI or the PVR-AddOn?

I am using Recording Service 1.30.1, KODI 14 in OpenElec 5.0 on Solid-Run Cubox-i.

Thanks for your support.

Andi
(2015-01-09, 20:48)ZmaD Wrote:
(2014-10-05, 00:25)manül Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 16:25)trogggy Wrote: Firstly thanks for making this - I've been using the plug-in for 3 months or so, the whole pvr thing via xbmc / kodi is great.
But (yep)... there appears to be a problem with disabling notifications if there's no connection to the recording service.

With other plugins you get one 'no connection' notification / beep and then silence. With dvbviewer the messages repeat meaning the plug-in has to be disabled.
Hopefully there's a fix for this? I've tested clean installs on windows, openelec, android and the behaviour's always the same, so presumably it's a plugin issue?
Googling led me to a similar issue with the myth-tv plugin - possibly related?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150144
I guess the "Unable to connect to the backend service. Error: ..." message gets triggered too often.
Please open up an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addons. I'll take a look when I have more time.

Is there existing a solution meanwhile? In previous releases (Frodo/Gotham build-in), there was no such problem.

Here's a summery of the log:

Quote:18:52:45 T:4004 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)
18:52:45 T:4004 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
18:52:45 T:4004 ERROR: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Unable to get backend status. Error: Error document empty.
18:52:46 T:4020 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
18:52:46 T:4020 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
18:52:46 T:4020 ERROR: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Unable to parse EPG. Error: Error document empty.
18:52:46 T:4020 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::GetEPGForChannel - addon 'DVBViewer:192.168.0.110' returned an error: server error
18:52:46 T:4020 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'Sky Select' from client '1': server error
18:52:46 T:4020 ERROR: EPG - EPG::CEpg::Update - failed to update table 'Sky Select'
18:52:47 T:3992 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
18:52:47 T:3992 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
18:52:47 T:3992 ERROR: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Unable to parse timers. Error: Error document empty.

Maybe this: "AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Unable to get backend status" is the problem?

The backend server hibernate after 10 minutes without using. I don't want to change this because of saving electricity. Like I wrote, in previous releases I didn't get any notification on screen. This notifications really disturb!
I've tested the last releases: 1.9.13 is the last one without this problem!
(2015-01-14, 21:34)ZmaD Wrote: The backend server hibernate after 10 minutes without using. I don't want to change this because of saving electricity. Like I wrote, in previous releases I didn't get any notification on screen. This notifications really disturb!
I'll see what I can do about this.
Is there any ETA for a release that fixes the EPG issue?

(2015-01-19, 12:25)Piers Wrote: Is there any ETA for a release that fixes the EPG issue?
Hopefully this week. I've already upgraded my development machine to be in sync with my build machines which was a prerequisite.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12