• 205(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-01-14, 07:22)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 05:45)tml2k2 Wrote: hi Matt, so i'm using the exact script that i got through this thread and the video sometime wake from suspend still no picture.

do you have the issue when not using the suspend/resume script? Note that you have to reboot for any changes to take effect.

yeah before the script i have video but sometime no audio till i reboot.
(2015-01-14, 08:56)tml2k2 Wrote: yeah before the script i have video but sometime no audio till i reboot.

then I'd modify the script to read as follows:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
   pre)
     xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "audio" "off";
     ;;
   post)
     xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "audio" "on";
     ;;
esac

that way it's only changing the audio on suspend/resume. You can also try changing "on" to "auto" if necessary.

Unfortunately I don't have a HDMI receiver here to test with, and lots of AVRs behave differently, so there's a bit of trial and error involved. It's critical though if using a universal remote (eg, Harmony) to turn on/off your AVR as well, that the AVR be turned off and on before the ChromeBox, in order to ensure that the CB gets back valid EDID data upon power up.
(2015-01-14, 09:48)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 08:56)tml2k2 Wrote: yeah before the script i have video but sometime no audio till i reboot.

then I'd modify the script to read as follows:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
   pre)
     xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "audio" "off";
     ;;
   post)
     xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "audio" "on";
     ;;
esac

that way it's only changing the audio on suspend/resume. You can also try changing "on" to "auto" if necessary.

Unfortunately I don't have a HDMI receiver here to test with, and lots of AVRs behave differently, so there's a bit of trial and error involved. It's critical though if using a universal remote (eg, Harmony) to turn on/off your AVR as well, that the AVR be turned off and on before the ChromeBox, in order to ensure that the CB gets back valid EDID data upon power up.

thanks Matt, i'll give it a try.
Hello,

I will have the HP chromebox tomorrow and I have one question.

Do you know if it is possible to make a boot priority to load Openelec in a usb key at start-up and if the usb key is not insterted into the chromebox, Chrome os will start.

I ask this because I have a bluetooth keyboard which is not supported at start-up.

Thank you for your answers.
(2015-01-14, 21:24)alexis59 Wrote: Hello,

Do you know if it is possible to make a boot priority to load Openelec in a usb key at start-up and if the usb key is not insterted into the chromebox, Chrome os will start.

I ask this because I have a bluetooth keyboard which is not supported at start-up.

it is not possible. the only way to choose between boot modes (ChromeOS and legacy boot / other OS) in a dual boot setup is via the keyboard shortcuts ([CTRL-D] / [CTRL-L])
Thank you for your quick answer. I will make a stand alone ubuntu install instead of openelec + chrome os.

(2015-01-14, 21:33)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 21:24)alexis59 Wrote: Hello,

it is not possible. the only way to choose between boot modes (ChromeOS and legacy boot / other OS) in a dual boot setup is via the keyboard shortcuts ([CTRL-D] / [CTRL-L])
One of my coworkers has one of these Wireless Keyboards on his Android box and just wondering if I could use this on OpenELEC + Kodi?
http://www.dx.com/p/wireless-2-4ghz-usb-...LbMAivF_zh

I have a Harmony remote and was looking at the ORtek VRC-1100 for the IR receiver so I could use with my Harmony but this wireless keyboard would be good to navigate and do keyboard entry for shows, etc.
is there a way to remove the openelec dual boot from chromeos?
(2015-01-14, 22:42)bolmsted Wrote: One of my coworkers has one of these Wireless Keyboards on his Android box and just wondering if I could use this on OpenELEC + Kodi?
http://www.dx.com/p/wireless-2-4ghz-usb-...LbMAivF_zh
I have an identical looking keyboard branded Rii I8. It works on my intel based hardware so should work on the Chromebox. It even works in the Bios of my Intel hardware, so may work for the chromebox ctrl- key options.

EDIT: the one I have http://www.dx.com/p/genuine-rii-mini-i8-...LbsGMl2M8s
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nick. Wondering if I can use SD card rather than usb key to dual boot and then eventually use to install OS and then remove later. Save buying another key
(2015-01-15, 00:06)gluvva Wrote: is there a way to remove the openelec dual boot from chromeos?

as in restore it to a factory state? follow directions in the wiki.

(2015-01-15, 03:09)bolmsted Wrote: Thanks nick. Wondering if I can use SD card rather than usb key to dual boot and then eventually use to install OS and then remove later. Save buying another key

huh? you don't need a USB stick to set up a dual boot install. But a SD card can be used in place of a USB stick for any instructions requiring one.

edit: I guess you do for the factory reset step, and yes a SD card works fine (as noted in the wiki for that step in fact)
Someone in an AVS forum thread used a USB key to dual boot until he was sure he was going to keep it

Edit. AVS link
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-network...937?page=1
well you certainly can, but it's not one of the dual boot configurations supported by my script. A factory reset returns it to stock either way, so it's not exactly a big deal to try it out if you don't like it.
(2015-01-15, 05:24)Matt Devo Wrote: well you certainly can, but it's not one of the dual boot configurations supported by my script. A factory reset returns it to stock either way, so it's not exactly a big deal to try it out if you don't like it.

Ah ok. Just do it I guess. Does that factory default apply to standalone too or I got to restore it with backup flash?
(2015-01-15, 05:30)bolmsted Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 05:24)Matt Devo Wrote: well you certainly can, but it's not one of the dual boot configurations supported by my script. A factory reset returns it to stock either way, so it's not exactly a big deal to try it out if you don't like it.

Ah ok. Just do it I guess. Does that factory default apply to standalone too or I got to restore it with backup flash?

you would perform a factory reset as well, but you would first need to restore the stock firmware, as per the instructions in the wiki
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37