• 46(current)
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin
(2015-01-12, 20:11)jmhenry5150 Wrote:
Quote:The rotating artwork is currently only possible for common tiles like the normal movies button, TV shows, music etc. For a custom tile (for example to a playlist or other custom entry) you have to define your own tile images. What I can do is let you choose from some common images in the menu editor, so you can for example assign "rotating movie artwork" to your custom "movies A" tile but this will show artwork from all your movies, not just from "movies A". Do you get what I mean? I currently have no idea to get around that when using regular Kodi libraries.

This would be perfect - as long as it rotates movie images I would be happy with that Tongue

Tried to fix this today but unfortunately I stumbled on a bug in the skinshortcuts addon, the dialog to select a predefined thumb (like rotating movie artwork) doesn't save settings. I will report the bug to the addon developer/maintainer so hopefully will be fixed soon but in the meanwhile there's no solution other then you define your own image and background to the tile or try out mediabrowser or plex in conjuction with the skin.

EDIT: I managed to solve the bug in the skinshortcuts dialog. Please install latest beta of the skin.
In the settings screen to edit the home menu press the "set custom tile image" button, you can now both browse for a picture and select picture from some predefined (including rotating artwork)
Sorry for the stupid question but where in shitting crikey is the video/sources/files view in the Enhanced Home Screen?

Cannot for the life of me find how to bring them up. Not including going into File Manager and adding them all again from there. None are listed there.

[EDIT: found it, you have to add it manually]
Kudos the osd PVR channel menu looks great!
One more thing, I think there is a bug with update video library sub menu too?
In the "2 rows of tiles on homescreen" layout, it seems like many things are missing when you go to Settings. It only has:

Skin settings, File manager, System information, Appearance, Add-ons, System, Profile

If change to the "1 row of tiles on homescreen" layout, it has all of the above, plus:

Videos, Live-TV, Music, Pictures, Weather, Network, System Info.

This means that if I want to change, for example, some Video settings, I first have to change my layout, then change back to 2 rows after I have completed, which is a bit cumbersome.

Also, any chance we could get 3 rows?
Marcel, for some reason, I can't add custom images to my home screen tiles anymore. Did you push out a new update for the beta maybe? Yesterday, I was able to select custom images on my tiles with no issue. It will let me choose an image from the default ones though. All of my custom images are in PNG format, and 600x250.

*Edit* I went back to the stable version, and custom tiles works now.
(2015-01-11, 05:58)mombasa123 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Some improvement suggestions :

1) Can you remove the watched items from Recently Added Episodes/Movies views please? Otherwise list gets too big. Skins like Aeon Nox and Amber do that. I can use a filter i know but that screws up other normal views and is a pain switching it on and off. Note that widgets on the right panel are fine. They only show unwatched/in progress titles.

2) Not sure Random Episodes make sense? Don't see many people watching random episodes

3) Can you make the codec info bar narrower? To much spacing between the sections so reduce spacing or remove altogether?

4) Adjustable OSD panel transparency perhaps (Marcel already doing it)

5) When selecting a movie/tv show from the home menu widgets it plays the vid straight away without going into the Info screen - even if your default selection action is 'show info'. Should show info screen - especially for Latest Movies/TV Shows

6) From the info screen, for a vid thats in progress, i can hit Play or Resume. If I hit Play it pops up a sidebar asking if I want to resume or play. Should it do that? Also that sidebar is a bit clumsy - a popup may look better perhaps?

7) Get Extra Artwork seems to be missing from the Movies and TVShows side menus?

8) Make the home left panel widgets wrap around to the top when using down arrow?

Feature request:
1) An Episodes view type for TV Shows would be awesome. Was in the original Aeon Nox and now in the Gotham/Kodi spinoffs. If not, can you make Banner List View smaller - say 8-10 on view and each banner more compact. I have resorted to List view which looks decent but not quite as good as Episode View.

2) Can you show next aired episode etc details when in TV Shows? Currently its on the individual episodes Info screen only

Thanks!

Hey Marcel, any comments on the above (edited) pls?

Cheers
(2015-01-15, 07:55)lennie paz Wrote: Marcel, for some reason, I can't add custom images to my home screen tiles anymore. Did you push out a new update for the beta maybe? Yesterday, I was able to select custom images on my tiles with no issue. It will let me choose an image from the default ones though. All of my custom images are in PNG format, and 600x250.

*Edit* I went back to the stable version, and custom tiles works now.

Yes the beta was updated yesterday for the tile image assignments, note that you also need a new beta version of "skin shortcuts" (0.4.6) which I also provide on the beta repo.
EDIT: there was another bug in the script for custom images, solved that one too and version 0.4.7 of the skinshortcuts script is now on the beta repo.

(2015-01-15, 06:02)theredguy Wrote: In the "2 rows of tiles on homescreen" layout, it seems like many things are missing when you go to Settings. It only has:

Skin settings, File manager, System information, Appearance, Add-ons, System, Profile

If change to the "1 row of tiles on homescreen" layout, it has all of the above, plus:

Videos, Live-TV, Music, Pictures, Weather, Network, System Info.

This means that if I want to change, for example, some Video settings, I first have to change my layout, then change back to 2 rows after I have completed, which is a bit cumbersome.

Also, any chance we could get 3 rows?

I think you have a submenu in place...
If you have 2 rows of tiles and a submenu then the skin defaults to the submenu on press of the tile.
If you have 1 row of tiles it will only open the submenu if you press the down button.

You can either remove the submenu items on the settings tile or add more items like the ones you're missing.
My personal setting is that I have just settings and filemanager in my settings submenu for example.

(2015-01-14, 23:27)Morphy99 Wrote: Kudos the osd PVR channel menu looks great!
One more thing, I think there is a bug with update video library sub menu too?

Thanks, could you also comment on the new PVR guide views please ?
I changed the whole view and added settings to add more rows but need some user feedback.

I'm not aware of any bug with update videolibrary submenu, what's the problem ?

(2015-01-14, 23:23)funkhouser Wrote: Sorry for the stupid question but where in shitting crikey is the video/sources/files view in the Enhanced Home Screen?

Cannot for the life of me find how to bring them up. Not including going into File Manager and adding them all again from there. None are listed there.

[EDIT: found it, you have to add it manually]

You can alter the whole menu tiles (shortcuts) yourself in the skin settings but looking at your edit you found that yourself ;-)
Do you think I should add that one by default for new users ?
For the PVR Guide it would be nice, if the height of the programm description box increases with lower tvguide rows. Even with 7 rows it's just too small.
(2015-01-15, 10:04)marcelveldt Wrote: Thanks, could you also comment on the new PVR guide views please ?
I changed the whole view and added settings to add more rows but need some user feedback.

I think the new PVR Guide is awesome. I really like the extra rows and the program info at the bottom of the page... excellent!! But I am a little biased, seeing as I did request it Blush

I have another PVR related question, but I'm not sure whether its a skin issue or an MB3 back-end issue.
I use the MediaPortal TV-Server backend for my PVR. As part of the recording process, for every progrma recorded the MP TV-Server creates a thumbnail and and XML file containing the title, channel and episode/program description. In MediaPortal (using the Titan skin), this written information displays correctly, but in the Kodi Titan skin (see below), I only see the thumbnail (no title or program description). The Recorded TV folder I use is served up in Kodi by MB3.

Thanks, Rich

(2015-01-15, 11:04)pünktchen Wrote: For the PVR Guide it would be nice, if the height of the programm description box increases with lower tvguide rows. Even with 7 rows it's just too small.
Thanks as always for the feedback pünkchten, I will do some more tweaking of the PVR guide today and push a new beta update, I think I have some ideas to improve things a bit.

(2015-01-15, 12:05)rich110 Wrote: I think the new PVR Guide is awesome. I really like the extra rows and the program info at the bottom of the page... excellent!! But I am a little biased, seeing as I did request it Blush

I have another PVR related question, but I'm not sure whether its a skin issue or an MB3 back-end issue.
I use the MediaPortal TV-Server backend for my PVR. As part of the recording process, for every progrma recorded the MP TV-Server creates a thumbnail and and XML file containing the title, channel and episode/program description. In MediaPortal (using the Titan skin), this written information displays correctly, but in the Kodi Titan skin (see below), I only see the thumbnail (no title or program description). The Recorded TV folder I use is served up in Kodi by MB3.
It will even get better because I have some more finishing touches to do on the PVR guide, will post a new beta later today.
Let me understand your question correctly:
You make TV recordings with mediaportal TV backend. The folder with TV recordings is added to the MediaBrowser server and you're using MediaBrowser addon in Kodi to show your TV Shows, correct ?

The recordings produces by MediaPortal (and the file it gererates with the info) is to be used in the PVR section of Kodi, so in "TV recordings", do you see the correct descriptions etc ?

If you add your recorded TV folder to MediaBrowser I think things have to be in a specific structure so that the MediaBrowser scraper will recognize those recordings as actual TV show episodes.
Is the info displayed fine if you go into the MediaBrowser web interface ?
I will have a look later as didn't notice any changes to the EPG yday. Can I suggest you mention the channel category in that view as I don't think its displayed.
(2015-01-15, 12:07)marcelveldt Wrote: Let me understand your question correctly:
You make TV recordings with mediaportal TV backend. The folder with TV recordings is added to the MediaBrowser server and you're using MediaBrowser addon in Kodi to show your TV Shows, correct ?

The recordings produces by MediaPortal (and the file it gererates with the info) is to be used in the PVR section of Kodi, so in "TV recordings", do you see the correct descriptions etc ?

If you add your recorded TV folder to MediaBrowser I think things have to be in a specific structure so that the MediaBrowser scraper will recognize those recordings as actual TV show episodes.
Is the info displayed fine if you go into the MediaBrowser web interface ?

Yes, you have the right idea of what I'm asking. Except, what I might not have explained is that the MP TV-Server generates an XML file containing the recorded tv episode/program info (based on my EPG data). Unfortunately, the Australian free-to-air guide data that I use to populate my EPG does not include Season and Episode information, so MediaBrowser can only scrape data for the overall show, not specific episode. This is why I rely on the XML file for each program saved by the TV-Server (at the time of recording) to provide the title and episode description to be displayed in my Recorded TV section.

I realise it's all a little confusing, and I think (based your initial response) that I need to ask at the MediaBrowser forum whether there is a way of parsing the MP TV-Server XML files to provide the recorded tv episode descriptions.

Regardless, thanks for all the really prompt and excellent work your doing. I really appreciate it and really enjoy using this skin (and as a result Kodi). I'll me making to final transition from the Mediaportal frontend to Kodi/XBMB3C on the weekend... fingers crossed.

Cheers, Rich
(2015-01-15, 12:28)Morphy99 Wrote: I will have a look later as didn't notice any changes to the EPG yday. Can I suggest you mention the channel category in that view as I don't think its displayed.

You mean the channel group I think ?
I tried to do that but it's not possible. From the Kodi documentatiuon I should use ListItem.ChannelGroup but that's just blank.
Either it's a kodi issue or just not possible or I'm doing something wrong...

(2015-01-15, 12:30)rich110 Wrote: Yes, you have the right idea of what I'm asking. Except, what I might not have explained is that the MP TV-Server generates an XML file containing the recorded tv episode/program info (based on my EPG data). Unfortunately, the Australian free-to-air guide data that I use to populate my EPG does not include Season and Episode information, so MediaBrowser can only scrape data for the overall show, not specific episode. This is why I rely on the XML file for each program saved by the TV-Server (at the time of recording) to provide the title and episode description to be displayed in my Recorded TV section.

I realise it's all a little confusing, and I think (based your initial response) that I need to ask at the MediaBrowser forum whether there is a way of parsing the MP TV-Server XML files to provide the recorded tv episode descriptions.

Regardless, thanks for all the really prompt and excellent work your doing. I really appreciate it and really enjoy using this skin (and as a result Kodi). I'll me making to final transition from the Mediaportal frontend to Kodi/XBMB3C on the weekend... fingers crossed.

Cheers, Rich
Hmmm, yes you should ask on the MediaBrowser forums as this isn't skin or kodi related.
Good luck with your transition to Kodi and MediaBrowser this weekend. Nice to welcome a new user!
Also note that this skin has a seperate forumthread on MediaBrowser forums:
http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...-for-xbmc/
Marcel, love the new OSD opacity setting - i have it on 20. Thank you!!

Would love some response to my other requests/comments Smile
(2015-01-15, 08:50)mombasa123 Wrote: 1) Can you remove the watched items from Recently Added Episodes/Movies views please? Otherwise list gets too big. Skins like Aeon Nox and Amber do that. I can use a filter i know but that screws up other normal views and is a pain switching it on and off. Note that widgets on the right panel are fine. They only show unwatched/in progress titles.

2) Not sure Random Episodes make sense? Don't see many people watching random episodes

3) Can you make the codec info bar narrower? To much spacing between the sections so reduce spacing or remove altogether?

4) Adjustable OSD panel transparency perhaps (Marcel already doing it)

5) When selecting a movie/tv show from the home menu widgets it plays the vid straight away without going into the Info screen - even if your default selection action is 'show info'. Should show info screen - especially for Latest Movies/TV Shows

6) From the info screen, for a vid thats in progress, i can hit Play or Resume. If I hit Play it pops up a sidebar asking if I want to resume or play. Should it do that? Also that sidebar is a bit clumsy - a popup may look better perhaps?

7) Get Extra Artwork seems to be missing from the Movies and TVShows side menus?

8) Make the home left panel widgets wrap around to the top when using down arrow?

Feature request:
1) An Episodes view type for TV Shows would be awesome. Was in the original Aeon Nox and now in the Gotham/Kodi spinoffs. If not, can you make Banner List View smaller - say 8-10 on view and each banner more compact. I have resorted to List view which looks decent but not quite as good as Episode View.

2) Can you show next aired episode etc details when in TV Shows? Currently its on the individual episodes Info screen only

Thanks!

1) Oh yeay, I have to include a custom playlist for that in the skin. Will do within the next few days, no problem.

2) I know, but it comes by default with the skin widgets script so I inclded them, my personal opinion is that it doesn't make much sense but maybe some find it easy to just see some random episodes.

3) done a few beta's back.

4) done last beta

5) Sorry, I think I cannot help that. The widgets are controlled by the "skin widgets" addon, and I don't have any control over it. Maybe ask the question on forum thread for skin widgets ?

6) also default xbmc behaviour, I think you can disable that if you set your default play action to resume but I'm not sure.

7) will add that to my todo list :-)

8) And how can you then go back to the home menu ?

feature request 1 --> can you make a screenshot or simple mockup for me then I'll see what I can do.

feature request 2 --> I've added nextaired info to some of the info panels but I'll look again if more places can use it.

Thanks,

Marcel

(2015-01-15, 11:04)pünktchen Wrote: For the PVR Guide it would be nice, if the height of the programm description box increases with lower tvguide rows. Even with 7 rows it's just too small.

Adjusted it some more in latest 3.2.35 beta, please give it a try and let me know if it's better now.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan MediaBrowser skin14