• 221(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
I've tried remuxing a VC-1 title that gives me trouble (300) to m2ts and I still get the blocks.
(2015-02-03, 11:16)nelson01 Wrote: I've tried remuxing a VC-1 title that gives me trouble (300) to m2ts and I still get the blocks.

Thanks... I haven't been able to remux any VC1 title, but it's good to know that's not likely the solution.
(2015-02-02, 17:05)fritsch Wrote: What did you "buy" or whom did you pay?

Hey,.... I think this was response to my saying I bought into OpenElec to evade command line type tweaking.

And,... for the most part OpenElec does save me from having to do a bunch of command line tweaking. And, I love Kodi and OpenElec so I don't want my frustration to be mistaken for lack of appreciation.

I did have to do some things I had no idea how to do to enable a Broadcast RGB Full option which was needed to prevent banding.

But all things said... I'm loving my Kodi, OpenElec, Chromebox adventure. Smile
Concerning VC-1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572....1-vc1.tar

Does that make the VC-1 issues better, worse or no difference. Please pastebin a complete log with component logging audio and video enabled.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-02-03, 04:32)BBock727 Wrote: Using an ASUS chromebox with oe standalone I am getting random video freezing where audio continues to play while playing many file formats. When that happens , my remote becomes unresponsive and I have to restart the chromebox. Anyone know of this problem? If not can you walk me through what I need to do to provide diagnostic material so you guys can help. Thanks!

Do you have the acceleration options enabled / disabled per the wiki recommendations?

I had that problem on Day 1, but once got all the hardware acceleration settings sorted, have never seen the problem again. I'm running ASUS Chromebox M-004U (stock.)
(2015-02-03, 16:38)TonyPh12345 Wrote: Do you have the acceleration options enabled / disabled per the wiki recommendations?

I had that problem on Day 1, but once got all the hardware acceleration settings sorted, have never seen the problem again. I'm running ASUS Chromebox M-004U (stock.)

as of OE 5.0, modifying the acceleration settings is no longer needed to work around Intel VAAPI bugs. (this is noted in the wiki)
Matt a quick question when I am trying to connect my Plantronics bluetooth headset I get a bluetooth error, do you know if wireless headsets are actually supported?
(2015-02-03, 18:33)MrLondon Wrote: Matt a quick question when I am trying to connect my Plantronics bluetooth headset I get a bluetooth error, do you know if wireless headsets are actually supported?

I think just input devices, but you'd need to check with the OpenELEC guys
(2015-02-03, 04:32)BBock727 Wrote: Using an ASUS chromebox with oe standalone I am getting random video freezing where audio continues to play while playing many file formats. When that happens , my remote becomes unresponsive and I have to restart the chromebox. Anyone know of this problem? If not can you walk me through what I need to do to provide diagnostic material so you guys can help. Thanks!

Same problem. Nothing interesting in kodi logs when this happens. Hoping Openelec 5.0.1 brings more stability.
(2015-01-31, 10:33)pascal31 Wrote: Hello,

I have installed openelec on my HP chromebox following this tuto and it work perfectly except the remote control.

I have tested Logitech K400 (wireless keyboard/mouse) remote control for kodi, it run but it's not so usable.
In fact the keyboard and the mouse run but with a lot of latency and sometime some freeze, so it is not really usable.

It's not a problem of batteries because I already tried to change them

This same keyboard work perfectly on an android box with gotham release

Do you have some ideas ?

Try using a usb extension cable with the receiver.

USB3 can interfere with wireless peripherals.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/i...paper.html
(2015-02-03, 23:32)crimper Wrote:

Same problem. Nothing interesting in kodi logs when this happens. Hoping Openelec 5.0.1 brings more stability.

I had a total freeze w/Asus Chromebox + OpenELEC 5.0.1 about 2.5 minutes into playing a 720p mp4 video. Totally frozen; wouldn't respond to pings (ethernet).
Rebooted to see if I could reproduce and video playback was fine for 30 minutes straight.

Not sure how to debug such a thing, maybe connect a second display and direct kernel messages to it?
(2015-02-03, 15:00)fritsch Wrote: Concerning VC-1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572....1-vc1.tar

Does that make the VC-1 issues better, worse or no difference. Please pastebin a complete log with component logging audio and video enabled.

I will try. I have posted logs before so I should know (remember) how to do that. It may take me a while as I have a busy week this particular week.

Thanks,

Brian
I am totally lost with the best XBMC solution under £200.

1) I tried a Amlogic s802 (MX3) box under android and found it too laggy and even though I am android fan, I just wanted XBMC.
2) Then I bought a Amlogic s802 (M8) and flashed with an Openelec build for that and found it nice and zippy but no support for Acestream, 4K and the odd freeze.

So. I am left looking at a chromebox or Intel NUC Kit Celeron DN2820FYKH 2.4GHz, the latter of course needing RAM and a SSD,

Since the Chromebox has no infra red for a remote and no storage, maybe the DN2820FYKH is better for me and also allows me to put a 2TB HDD in there for both Openelec and media storage internally

Is the DN2820FYKH celeron processor any good for Kodi (how much RAM too?) and plans to use with 4K in the future. Having said all that nothing support HDMI 2.0!

My heads spinning with the options. Any advice guys?

Thanks
(2015-02-04, 01:21)dazzling Wrote: I am totally lost with the best XBMC solution under £200.

1) I tried a Amlogic s802 (MX3) box under android and found it too laggy and even though I am android fan, I just wanted XBMC.
2) Then I bought a Amlogic s802 (M8) and flashed with an Openelec build for that and found it nice and zippy but no support for Acestream, 4K and the odd freeze.

So. I am left looking at a chromebox or Intel NUC Kit Celeron DN2820FYKH 2.4GHz, the latter of course needing RAM and a SSD,

Since the Chromebox has no infra red for a remote and no storage, maybe the DN2820FYKH is better for me and also allows me to put a 2TB HDD in there for both Openelec and media storage internally

Is the DN2820FYKH celeron processor any good for Kodi (how much RAM too?) and plans to use with 4K in the future. Having said all that nothing support HDMI 2.0!

Thanks

don't buy anything today with 4K support thinking that it will be a long term solution, it's just not going to work out.

The N2820 is completely inferior to the 2955U in the ChromeBox (and it won't do 4K anything). Add an IR sensor (or use a BT remote) and external USB 3.0 HDD (or NAS) - using a SSD for media storage is a waste.
(2015-02-04, 01:32)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 01:21)dazzling Wrote: I am totally lost with the best XBMC solution under £200.

Thanks

don't buy anything today with 4K support thinking that it will be a long term solution, it's just not going to work out.

The N2820 is completely inferior to the 2955U in the ChromeBox (and it won't do 4K anything). Add an IR sensor (or use a BT remote) and external USB 3.0 HDD (or NAS) - using a SSD for media storage is a waste.

Thanks.Shame about the 4K. Just got my Sony X85 with 4K (HDM 2.0).

I see chromebox as maybe only a small step up from my M8 box running Openelec (albeit I assume Chromebox is x86 based and therefore better supported). I will still have my media on an external drive via USB.

Does the Chromebox work well when pushed with 1080p content and AEON MQ5 skin?

I like the idea of NUC (maybe an i3) with internal mSSD for the openelec?? Maybe a Kingston 30GB mSATA Solid State Drive is big enough for that and then a conventional 2TB HHD for media. I guess I need 4GB RAM and so am looking at £350+ for that setup.

I guess maybe futureproofing the setup is quite important, although maybe the 4K issue screws that plan?!
  • 221(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37