• 22(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
Auto switching for 3D!! Yes! Thank you! I missed this feature after switching from the pi.

I'm assuming I just side load this in and it will over-write 13.4?
Running nicely so far; thanks Koying!

I did need to re-instate the audio-sync latency on my Amlogic device (ATV582); did so in AdvancedSettings. Otherwise, running great! Thank you!
I was hoping that SPMC 14.1 would have an option to disable the "minimize" feature that allows Kodi to exit out of the app when long pressing the Back button on the Fire TV remote. Is it possible to provide an option to disable this feature in a future release?
Thanks Koying. Your work is much appreciated. Going to try this out.
Hi All, Newbie
I've an amazon firetv, last firmware. Installed SMPC 14.1.

Dropping frames during view. Both on SD or HD content. FireTv is cabled.

Tried a lot of change in synch and hardware acceleration and so on but nothing changed.

Same file from same nas with sony blu-ray player as client works perfect !

Attached a log file link where i started for 10 seconds about an SD content. I don't understand if you can see something on log but during view on this 10 second, i viewed a lot of drop frames.

some suggestion ?

LOG:

http://pastebin.com/iApgSkTg

Thanks

Alessandro
For some reason I'm unable to chant fanart on the latest version (using Fire Tv).

Tried a fresh install and everything.
What is the trick to get addons installed from zips? For example I'm trying to install the Amber Skin for Kodi from
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203708
and I keep getting "Add-on does not have the correct structure". I tried renaming the zip per the suggestion in the first post and it still doesn't work.
Is this a problem with Kodi in general or just SPMC?
(2015-02-09, 03:56)sirmedia Wrote: What is the trick to get addons installed from zips? For example I'm trying to install the Amber Skin for Kodi from
and I keep getting "Add-on does not have the correct structure". I tried renaming the zip per the suggestion in the first post and it still doesn't work.

Amber is working great for me with SPMC 14.1. I followed the instructions from the Amber thread and it worked out well on my Fire TV. Just be sure to change the downloaded zip file name to skin.amber-2.0.11.zip, which is the latest Amber skin build available.
(2015-02-09, 06:22)mjbxx Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 03:56)sirmedia Wrote: What is the trick to get addons installed from zips? For example I'm trying to install the Amber Skin for Kodi from

Amber is working great for me with SPMC 14.1. I followed the instructions from the Amber thread and it worked out well on my Fire TV. Just be sure to change the downloaded zip file name to skin.amber-2.0.11.zip, which is the latest Amber skin build available.

I did rename the file and it did not help. The only way I could install the skin was to unzip the file and just put it in the addons directory /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.spmc/addons
Thanks, loving SPMC on AFTV; it's a lot more stable than the latest Gotham and KODI I was using. With Gotham, after watching a few videos, it would have a seeking / 'fast forward resets to beginning of video' issue and I would have to keep resetting the AFTV to get it to work properly again, but haven't had the problem with SPMC.
(2015-02-08, 18:48)jbaconbits Wrote: For some reason I'm unable to chant fanart on the latest version (using Fire Tv).

Tried a fresh install and everything.

Same issue here
I originally sideloaded spmc through the firetv utility tool. I now sideloaded the new version "on top" of the old one. It worked but all my settings, database etc. were gone. Anything I did wrong? Is there any way I can see whether my userdate ist still there somewhere on firetv's filesystem?
HI all I have just purchased an AFTV to replace my trusty Openelec build on a Lenovo Nettop. Having a few issues getting silky smooth playback on my material. I only have MKV's all of which are x264 encoded some are 720p and some are 1080p all played from my Plex server via plexbmc. I have tried by wireless and wired using the same cable and network the pc was on previously. I'm On the latest AFTV firmware so not rooted. Using latest 14.1 release of Kodi and SPMC results the same.

What is the preferred hardware acceleration method for the AFTV, mediacodec or libstagefright. I get better results with mediacodec but still not perfect, I find contradicting posts about which is better so any advice here.

I have sync to display on and have set the audio sync to dupe/drop not sure if I should use the resample option even though I use audio pass through so it has no effect, Having it this way always gave me good results on the lenovo so any adivce here would be good.

Any help here would be appreciated before i get in to posting logs and debugging.
(2015-02-09, 15:32)DarkHelmet Wrote: I originally sideloaded spmc through the firetv utility tool. I now sideloaded the new version "on top" of the old one. It worked but all my settings, database etc. were gone. Anything I did wrong? Is there any way I can see whether my userdate ist still there somewhere on firetv's filesystem?

Same happened to me, all my settings were gone. I didn't customize a lot so I just went through and redid it all, faster than looking to salvage the old settings and end up with problems.
Finally figured out the "Add-on does not have the correct structure" problem: I uploaded the addon zip via Samba/SMB (enabled through the adbFire tool). For some reason when you write to the sdcard like this the files end up unreadable except via the same SMB (permission problem, not file corruption, the file itself is fine).
The lesson is that I should be using "adb push" instead, even though SMB is more convenient.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5