• 5(current)
WIP Ace for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-02-08, 18:28)muCkk Wrote: Update!
@jangkrik & Matthias030: Your problems should be fixed now.

Good work! Bug (PVR error on "recently added" movie panel) is fixed. Thanks! These are fantastic news for me! It was the last thing which has prevented me from upgrading to Kodi.

Just FYI: There's a tweak that I have included in all my previous ACE installations. It adds the "Exit Kodi" item to the shutdown submenu. Usually I use the main "Exit" button to shutdown my HTPC computer completely. But in some cases I want to exit Kodi to see my windows desktop. That's why this item is needed. Not sure if it is interesting for others as well ?

Here's the tweak: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=161206
muCkk
When i clicked on any of the recently added movies which pop up at the top of the main "movie" menu "live TV" opens up.
Does this new version take care of it?
Sorry I just checked it does and gives you the option to play the movie or its trailer...how do I tweak it to just play the movie instead of
giving me the menu options?
@Mathias030: If you go to the smart submenu of the Exit button you already have the option to just quit Kodi (Exit). You can also set the function of the Exit button to any possible function you like. You could set it to just quit Kodi and in the submenu you would still have the option to turn your system off. So I don't quite see why the tweak would be necessary (?).

@ozooha: In "IncludesMenu.xml" you need to replace these lines:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1101)</onclick>
with this:
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(service.skin.widgets,movieid=$INFO[skin.string(custom_id)])</onclick>
I needed to change these lines recently because of an ID change. So maybe this commit helps you to find all lines concenred.
The skin looks very good now. Can u please change the version and compatibility information and request an update of the ace skin in the official kodi repo?
(2015-02-10, 15:48)MasterVega Wrote: The skin looks very good now. Can u please change the version and compatibility information and request an update of the ace skin in the official kodi repo?
That's going to happen soon. I just wanted to make sure there are no (major) bugs left and I also tried to contact MarcosQui to get his consent.
(2015-02-10, 15:06)muCkk Wrote: @Mathias030: If you go to the smart submenu of the Exit button you already have the option to just quit Kodi (Exit).

Really? I can't find this option in submenu. The only items in CustomSubShutdown.xml are "Powerdown, Restart, Suspend, Hibernate", but Quit command is missing here. But I think it's not important for most users, so my previous tweak is not worth to find its way into this skin.

Today I have changed 3 files to fix some small visual glitches. I hope that my changes doesn't have any negative side effects to other layout properties. If you like, you can download my files here:

http://www.filedropper.com/kodiacefiles_1

1. AddonsBrowser.xml
Message "Update available" was out of screen and not visible. changed some lines:
<posx>960</posx> --> <posx>700</posx>

2. ViewsGlassList.xml
"watched indicator" icon was stretched

3. ViewsWide.xml
"year" was not centered above stars as it was in XBMC gotham before.

@Matthias030: I fixed those alignements, thanks!
Concerning the Exit button: If you go left once you get the options to "Turn off", "Restart", "Suspend", "Hibernate".. and if you go left a second time (to reach the smart submenu) you can also choose "Exit" (and "Turn off"..) which will quit Kodi.
If you want to change the behaviour of the Exit button (main menu) go to skin settings -> main menu -> customize main menu -> exit. Here you can either adjust the system shutdown function or directly choose a button action.
(2015-02-10, 17:02)muCkk Wrote: Concerning the Exit button: If you go left once you get the options to "Turn off", "Restart", "Suspend", "Hibernate".. and if you go left a second time (to reach the smart submenu) you can also choose "Exit" (and "Turn off"..) which will quit Kodi.

Now I see it. Have never tried to press "left" a second time to see the "smart" submenu. Thanks for this info!
Hey there and thx for all the work and updating ace for kodi v14.
Ive just discovered one bug, while trying to add a new smartplaylist:

1:51:35 T:140126553499584 ERROR: unable to load:/home/setti/.kodi/addons/skin.ace/720p/SmartPlaylistEditor.xml, Line 0

It seems you renamed the file to "SmartPlayListEditor.xml" (see the upper L in List).

Either renaming the file to SmartPlaylistEditor.xml or fixing the window call to SmartPlayListEditor should solve it Smile
Any update on getting this into the official repo?

EDIT: oops, sorry, I was reading the 4th page, thinking I was on the newest page. Didn't see the posts from yesterday.
Thanks for the fix (just signed up to say that), it was the only thing stopping me from updating!
(2015-02-11, 12:54)setti Wrote: 1:51:35 T:140126553499584 ERROR: unable to load:/home/setti/.kodi/addons/skin.ace/720p/SmartPlaylistEditor.xml, Line 0
Strange, the file also uses an uppercase L on Gotham. Well, I renamed it. Thanks for pointing that out!
(2015-02-11, 14:49)sm1ddy Wrote: Thanks for the fix (just signed up to say that), it was the only thing stopping me from updating!
Thank you too Smile

Edit: I just heard that MarcosQui is working on Ace, so my version won't hit the official repo. I recommend that you change the version of my Ace version in "addons.xml" to "6.0.2" to make sure the update is possible.
Code:
<addon id="skin.ace" version="6.0.2" name="Ace" provider-name="MarcosQui">
Is there any chance you could do a working viewsrightlist.xml for the banner mod version of that view? Same problem as the original as you can see,

http://pastebin.com/D3bSspje
Many thanks for doing this work, I was finally able to upgrade to Kodi Smile

As MarcosQui is now working on it, does that mean you won't be making any further updates to your version? I found a small bug in the PVR functionality where 'Mark As Watched' is not working.
(2015-02-13, 22:08)1deep Wrote: Is there any chance you could do a working viewsrightlist.xml for the banner mod version of that view? Same problem as the original as you can see,
This should work: http://pastebin.com/TPayuZTZ

(2015-02-15, 02:04)FatGerman Wrote: As MarcosQui is now working on it, does that mean you won't be making any further updates to your version? I found a small bug in the PVR functionality where 'Mark As Watched' is not working.
What exactly is not working? Marking recordings as watched seems to be no problem.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace for Kodi 14 Helix3