• 12(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
Dumb question, are we still running a test build at this point or are the changes now rolled into the official 14.2 beta?
I'm a bit confused, whats the difference between Kodi 14.2 and development nightly builds of Kodi 15 ??
Windows 7 32bit, 64bit and Windows 8.1 64bit tested and all crashes when selecting "Exit" Kodi have now gone away after 50 automated tests each. The time to close is a little closer to 13.2 times as well. Crashes at the end of playback of a show or movie have also stopped as of now. I will do more thorough testing later on that. The web server crashes seemed to have stopped as well as I am able to control remotely for about 10minutes each hammering clicks without issue.

Great job so far and will post back other results good or bad tonight or this weekend.
(2015-02-19, 09:54)Radar Wrote: Found a problem with 14.1 and current 14.2 Beta (1st post downlink, 16th Jan).

The problem is when pressing the 'backspace' on the keyboard within a Movie Set the movies within that set move outside of the set (no longer becoming a set). They return back to being within a Set when you return to the Home Menu and go back into Movies (or whichever playlist created).

This problem does not exist with 14.0.

When replacing either the 14.1 or 14.2 beta '.EXE' file with the 14.0 kodi.exe file, it fixes the problem. I know this doesn't help narrow the problem within the .EXE file but at least I have narrowed it down to being the actual main Kodi.exe.

Skin used is the Aeon-Nox with no mods, only the skins dependacies ie script.skin.info.service for that skin..

Hopefully someone within the Kodi development team can find and fix the problem.

I have encountered the same issue and thought it was some kind of feature I didn't understand (silly me Wink). So it's related to http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15746.
What can I do to help?

st.
I have a special situation. I have 2 boot partitions Windows 7 64bit. One is for work and play, one is for home cinema only.
13.2 is installed on both partitions on the same harddisk (dSmile and I pointed (mklink, see below) the roaming folder there so I can configure and work with movies (rename, import...) on the work partition and then enjoy my fruits of work on the home cinema partition (I found it very hard to configure XBMC in my living room with my projector and the small media keyboard).

Now I had to reinstall the home cinema partition. I could reinstall 13.2 on this partition, mklink the right folder where the belong and were quickly back up and running.
But since Kodi changes the paths I would like to upgrade the existing installation and then install new on the home cinema partition so again both OS use the same code and paths. Is 14.2 beta 1 stable enough to do that or would you recommend that i wait until a later stable relaese?

mklink /J "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\" "d:\data\XBMC\userdata\XBMC"
Hi guys,Kodi still crashes here but it's different than the webserver crashes and it always happends when i Stop LiveTV after resuming from Standby.
Here's a crash report for the 16/02 test build,the zip contains kodi log,crashdump and stacktrace.BTW i had to cut out some irrelevant part from the log because it was huge but important stuff it's there. Wink

#### Debug Logs #####
So our last known crash is down to 1 user 3 days ago, is this going to be rolled into an official build some time soon then I take it?
Sad 
I've tried installing Kodi 14.1 and 14.2 on my Surface Pro running windows 8.1 and can not get it to go into fullscreen (how it has always looked in all previous versions of XBMC) It loads with a window look that is always there even when playing videos. (minimize, red X to close etc) Sad
When I installed it on my windows 7 workstation with a 24" LCD it works fine, beautiful fullscreen mode. No distracting windows.

Has anyone else had this?
@cherrybaby hit the backslash key \
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Running 14.2 beta 1, now kodis menu is running at 24Hz which looks jerky and sluggish.

I changed the resolution 1080i to 1080p and the screen flickered like the refresh rate went down to about 12Hz. Switched back to i then back to p and flickering stopped but menu runs at 24Hz.

14.1 was fine.

Installed on the Intel nuc i3, Windows 8.1 to a 1080p lcd tv.

Edit: I noticed any progressive resolution I use is set at 24Hz. I have 2 1080i in the display list under Settings > Video. One seems to be 50 and the other at 60Hz, would be better if the Hz is in the name instead of checking via the TVs display info.

Edit2: Also notice the display is not switching to the videos frame rate anymore. Stays locked to 1080i 60Hz. Reinstalling 14.1 doesnt fix it.

Edit3: For some reason my graphics driver was set for 50i. In the Intel Graphics properties, switched it back to 60p and it all now works fine! No idea why it changed, I always have it set for 60. Maybe when I first did the change the graphics driver switched down to 50i.
After update to 14.1 no sound after wake from hibernation. I need to restart PC (win7).
Hello, im running Kodi 14.2 beta 1 - all my 1080p and 720p x264 mkv videos stutter and dont play smooth at all, i have set up 'adjust display refresh rate to match video' and 'sync playback to display'.

The weird thing is that everything worked great in windows 8.1 x64 enterprise and all videos played fine at 24p. Im now on windows 7 SP1 x64 enterprise.

My rig are: gigabyte p55-ud3, i5 quad core, 16gb ddr3 ram, amd r9 280 3gb.

Im going crazy because i have tried everything i can think off, enable fullscreen, disable fullscreen, switched of all settings under video and so on..

Any tips? Or is this a bug? Kodi 14.2 Beta 1 worked a few days ago with windows 8.1
@jappjapp404: Check your graphics card refresh rate is set to 60Hz. I had the issue of jerky playback too.
I have been using 14.2 for a week now and have not got a crash or error at all? what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
(2015-02-26, 02:59)larryhyman Wrote: I have been using 14.2 for a week now and have not got a crash or error at all? what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Made the switch to the new version to late, we been working on pinpointing and fixing it since dec. last year, at least thats when i joined the forum to tell about my crashes.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3