• 43(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-03-01, 13:19)eangulus2 Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 17:52)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 17:23)eangulus2 Wrote: Thanks. Not too sure what was going on originally but when I used to watch a video, it would still be in the recent widget.

Currently thou as soon as something it marked as watched, it no longer shows in the recent widget.

PS: thanks for the fast reply.

Check your settings for Library Data Provider. That's where the setting is to display "Only unwatched and unfinished" items.

Sorry, but feel absolutely dumb here. What setting is this "Library Data Provider"? Never heard of it even thou I have used XBMC since the XBOX days.

Can you please elaborate.
It is an addon that many skins use to provide the widgets. You can find it in your Addons under Services.
I have never really liked how the music/video now playing info is displayed on the home screen. I decided to change the display to match the other notifications (kai toast, extended progress). This means less information will be displayed, so I'm sure some folks will prefer the original look. On the plus side, this update adds now playing info for video files that are not in the library. I'll add the previous xml to the mods section so users can go back to the previous version if they want.

Here's how it looks now, less cluttered in my opinion.

And here's a link to the previous version...link
(2015-03-01, 18:29)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 13:19)eangulus2 Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 17:52)bryanbrazil Wrote: Check your settings for Library Data Provider. That's where the setting is to display "Only unwatched and unfinished" items.

Sorry, but feel absolutely dumb here. What setting is this "Library Data Provider"? Never heard of it even thou I have used XBMC to since the XBOX days.

It is an addon that many skins use to provide the widgets. You can find it in your Addons under Services.

Found it and made the change to both recent and random sections, rebooted and still the same. Watched items don't show in the widgets for recent movies & recent episodes.
(2015-03-02, 17:17)eangulus2 Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 18:29)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 13:19)eangulus2 Wrote: Sorry, but feel absolutely dumb here. What setting is this "Library Data Provider"? Never heard of it even thou I have used XBMC to since the XBOX days.

Found it and made the change to both recent and random sections, rebooted and still the same. Watched items don't show in the widgets for recent movies & recent episodes.

No idea then... I'll take a look when I get a chance. I believe I have watched items in my recent movies widget.
(2015-03-02, 20:30)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 17:17)eangulus2 Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 18:29)bryanbrazil Wrote: It is an addon that many skins use to provide the widgets. You can find it in your Addons under Services.

No idea then... I'll take a look when I get a chance. I believe I have watched items in my recent movies widget.

I did confirm it too BTW. I manually changed a recent item to watched and unwatched and it hides when watched and back again when unwatched.

PS: I am installed skin direct from git too, version 1.04 if it matters.
(2015-03-03, 00:43)eangulus2 Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 20:30)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 17:17)eangulus2 Wrote: Found it and made the change to both recent and random sections, rebooted and still the same. Watched items don't show in the widgets for recent movies & recent episodes.

I did confirm it too BTW. I manually changed a recent item to watched and unwatched and it hides when watched and back again when unwatched.

Just tested and the settings in Library Data Provider don't seem to have any effect. You might try posting in the addon's support thread...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210063
(2015-03-03, 07:14)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 00:43)eangulus2 Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 20:30)bryanbrazil Wrote: No idea then... I'll take a look when I get a chance. I believe I have watched items in my recent movies widget.

Just tested and the settings in Library Data Provider don't seem to have any effect. You might try posting in the addon's support thread...

Good afternoon,

My apologies if this is a dumb question, but might it be that the skin.widgets service add-on is still installed and running? That one also has a setting for "only unplayed and unfinished".

Regards,

Bart
I am still using this skin. And once again I cannot tell you enough how important font size and being able to see the text from across the room is to me. (and My aptartment (or flat if you prefer) is tiny too!) I never understood the internet fetish/obsession with microscopic text and icons that you can't see without a maginfying glass, for the life of me. But thanks agian!
(2015-03-03, 23:33)bsoriano Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 07:14)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 00:43)eangulus2 Wrote: I did confirm it too BTW. I manually changed a recent item to watched and unwatched and it hides when watched and back again when unwatched.

Good afternoon,

My apologies if this is a dumb question, but might it be that the skin.widgets service add-on is still installed and running? That one also has a setting for "only unplayed and unfinished".

Regards,

Bart

I do have service.skin.widgets installed, and tried changing its settings. Didn't have any effect on the widgets though, as I expected. Library Data Provider is used for the widgets (see WidgetListContent in variables.xml), but it doesn't seem to follow its setting for unplayed items. Not sure what's causing it, can't see that it's anything in the skin xmls. Tested Aeon Nox 5 and its Recently Added widgets exhibit the same behavior.
(2015-03-04, 01:51)TomFreeloader Wrote: I am still using this skin. And once again I cannot tell you enough how important font size and being able to see the text from across the room is to me. (and My aptartment (or flat if you prefer) is tiny too!) I never understood the internet fetish/obsession with microscopic text and icons that you can't see without a maginfying glass, for the life of me. But thanks agian!

Thanks, glad you're still enjoying it! Don't worry, the font sizes will stay the way they are. Smile You'll notice I recently added a serif font for folks that prefer an old school look, haha. I will likely also add another font that supports Thai alphabet, as I have family members that speak Thai.
If there are any Thai users out there, I just added the THSarabun font for Thai language support. Available on github.

Mimic is beautiful!
but how do i remove the overlay from fan art all over not just in the home menu

i tried to add:
PHP Code:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(59)</visible>

to:
IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml

but it didnt work.
can someone please elaborate?
can i just replace with original Aeon Nox xml?
(2015-03-05, 16:16)ronier83 Wrote: Mimic is beautiful!
but how do i remove the overlay from fan art all over not just in the home menu

i tried to add:
PHP Code:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(59)</visible>

to:
IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml

but it didnt work.
can someone please elaborate?
can i just replace with original Aeon Nox xml?
You'll need to edit IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. Look for an image control that has background.png as the texture. Delete or comment out this control.

Removing the fanart overlay everywhere will negatively impact readability though.
Added a setting to the Music Viz dialog to animate the artist fanart. Code courtesy of Arctic Zephyr, available now via git.
bryanbrazil: Thank you for all your work on the skin!

I'm having a problem with remote thumbnails not loading. When I select "Info" for a movie, and then "Choose art", I can see the DialogSelect for poster and fanart properly, with the correct thumbnails showing. When I select an option (ie: fanart), I can see a FileBrowser.xml list: Current art, Remote art, Remote art, ... However, the thumbnails are blank. When I check the debug log, I can see that CURL isn't called during this time. If I select a Remote art, it will use CURL to download the art, and use it.

I'm using skin.mimic (4904cd2) and Kodi master (e5ed79d)

When I use Confluence, the thumbnails are downloaded via CURL as soon as I select fanart or poster.

Any ideas what could be triggering this?

Thanks again for all your work, and your responses to our questions Smile
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9