Best remote for XBMC on Windows 7 64 Bit?
(2015-03-15, 16:29)scottwin Wrote: Hi guys, I also have a vrc 1100 remote for my HTPC as well as a harmony ultimate. Everything worked good out of the box, but I'd like to map some keys like the "home", "full screen", and "output info (o key on keyboard)". Would your autohotkey script help me do this? I used the Ortek vrc 1100 model when I set up my harmony, is there a better one I should use?

I use the AutoHotKey to start Kodi. Everything else is handled via a keyboard.xml.

This thread should help. It includes a full keymap for the VRC-1100:

HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi

Temporary access to my AutoHotKey script for Windows 7 can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing.
So, the Harmony remote works with the VRC-1100 USB Receiver or does it take the eHome receiver?
You treat it as a non- eHome device.
(2012-04-20, 11:41)jhsrennie Wrote: You cannot make the green button open XBMC without some hackery. It is not just a matter of changing a registry key. See http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote for how to do this.

I have two MCE remote, AIM Diamond remote and HP remote. AIM Diamond RC118N remote does not start KODI automatically when I press Green Start Key, but HP remote can, without any hacking.
(2015-03-15, 22:10)Warner306 Wrote: I use the AutoHotKey to start Kodi. Everything else is handled via a keyboard.xml.

This thread should help. It includes a full keymap for the VRC-1100:

HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi

Cool thanks! I'll check out that post.

Cheers
(2015-03-14, 13:28)jp2code Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 07:25)Warner306 Wrote: I own a VRC-1100. I have mapped approximately 12-13 of the keys using a keyboard.xml, but I haven't attempted to map the volume keys. I thought you wanted to increase and decrease the volume. In that case, you want the Action ID as I had posted:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

I can't guarantee that will work, but that is the correct format.

That had never occurred to me.

I tried it, with anticipation. It did not work, so I rebooted.

It still didn't work. Rats. Maybe something is wrong with mine.

I've got a reconditioned Harmony 300 on order. Maybe that will work.

Until then, everyone will have to get off the sofa, walk to the computer, and use the actual keyboard.

(2015-03-16, 04:38)Warner306 Wrote: You treat it as a non- eHome device.

I got my Harmony 300 remote configured and running.

ASIDE: It took a while, but I also switched houses between these last posts. During the move, I discovered an old Harmony 300 remote with dead batteries in it that I'd purchased at some time in the past. Damn. I didn't need to buy another one!

Now that the Harmony 300 is configured, it does everything the old VRC-1100 remote does - including the non-functional volume controls.

I think I must have really hosed my XBMC. The remote works fine in WMC.

Does anyone know how to go about telling XMBC to reset any or all keymap editing?

I tried the Keymap Editor long ago, but when it didn't work I logged back in as an Admin and set it back to the Defaults.

Still, it keeps showing F10 for Volume Up and F9 for Volume Down.

Does anyone know how to go about "CLEARING" these items below?

use smartphone with Sybu (iOS) or Kore (android) installed
(2012-04-20, 01:08)poinsy Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 12:19)jhsrennie Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 22:29)beetlesnack Wrote: How are the eHome remotes better?

What's the best cheap universal remote I can use? Don't want an LCD or anything, just good performance.

eHome remotes can be configured so you can make any button do anything you want. The non-eHome remotes tend to be hard coded e.g. the green button will always open Windows Media Center and there isn't a way to change this without considerable hacking.

I bought a Harmony 300 universal handset for about £20 from Amazon and I'm very pleased with it. However the cheaper Harmony remotes don't work well with eHome receivers for reasons that are complicated. I use my Harmony 300 with the receiver from a VRC-1100 and I'm very pleasded with it.
I have this remote,and it works pretty well out of the box, just needed a few tweaks for the coloured buttons. However, I cannot find the hacks for the green button to open XBMC.I imagine it is a registry hack, which is fine, anyone any ideas on this?

P

(2012-04-20, 11:41)jhsrennie Wrote: You cannot make the green button open XBMC without some hackery. It is not just a matter of changing a registry key. See http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote for how to do this.

I recommend leaving the green button to open Windows Media Center. It has saved me getting out of best a few times. There are time (on Windows at least) where Kodi/XBMC has become non-responsive. Since it is running full screen, using mouse mode on the remote doesn't help either and you have no way to restart the system without using a keyboard. At those times, I have simply pressed the green button to start Windows Media Center and then restart the PC from there. You can setup Kodi to start automatically upon system start so no problem not having a green button for that.
(2015-04-23, 05:16)cudencuden Wrote: use smartphone with Sybu (iOS) or Kore (android) installed

I don't like smartphones. Too needy. I have a flip phone.
The volume on my remote did not work for Kodi until I added: <enablemultimediakeys>true</enablemultimediakeys>
to my advancesettings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best remote for XBMC on Windows 7 64 Bit?0