• 73(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2015-03-14, 15:59)Squall13 Wrote:
(2015-03-13, 18:08)mikesilvo164 Wrote: 2. I cannot think of one single reason why you would want to do things that way...

3. Not that I know of but in my experience changing 3 to 5 sets to a particular view set it for the rest, unless I got lucky.

I just want to know how it ties into the xml files

On the movie sets, I'm 10 sets and the rest still hasn't adjusted themselves. Weird...

I'm not really sure what to tell you... The way things work is that if you you choose one of 3 options for a background it is handled one of those three ways... multiimage is a folder you choose with many images, a single image is self explanatory, and the random images are provided by properties created by the grab fanart script. The code in the xmls are spread out and simplify user interaction so If you want more details than that you must learn some skinning basics and peruse the Skinning Manual

Concerning movie sets... There is no way I know of without editing the viewmodes.db and adding things manually which is not very user friendly or easily explained. I am not saying there is no easy way, I am just saying that I do not know what that is.

(2015-03-16, 02:18)the_bo Wrote: Hi mike thanks for your work on the skin. Its amazing.

One small thing. On the movie menu background it doesnt show the bluray cases on them as seen in image below.

The bluray cases are showing in the list when i select movie option. But wondering if you could make it show on movie menu background too as seen it done somewhere.

No hurry. If you could manage put it in your next skin update would appreciate it.

Thanks again Big Grin

I get what your asking, and since it was added to script.skin.info.service recently (thanks to mikebzh44) I may include it but, the picture shown is just blank clearcases that do not denote any type of format or resolution so it will not look like the picture.
HI mike,

I have 2 problem with the views logo. The logos for saga is not displayed Huh

When I leave, and I return to my playlist, I always come back to the first movie from list.
One question How do you set movie sets disc art its not showing or I just can't figure it out
(2015-03-16, 08:18)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I'm not really sure what to tell you... The way things work is that if you you choose one of 3 options for a background it is handled one of those three ways... multiimage is a folder you choose with many images, a single image is self explanatory, and the random images are provided by properties created by the grab fanart script. The code in the xmls are spread out and simplify user interaction so If you want more details than that you must learn some skinning basics and peruse the Skinning Manual

Concerning movie sets... There is no way I know of without editing the viewmodes.db and adding things manually which is not very user friendly or easily explained. I am not saying there is no easy way, I am just saying that I do not know what that is.

Sorry I didn't specify. I was just talking about the Single Background image one. I am just looking for the XML file responsible for storing the location of the background that people will be choosing. Like, I just wanted to know the XML that changes every time you choose a new single background image

I hope you can get what I'm trying to say here lol

With regards to the Movie Sets View Options. I also have this problem on anything with a "second level" like TV Shows with multiple seasons. If I change the view option on The Wire for example, it wouldn't reflect on other TV shows.

Do you think I fucked something up? Because you said you never had this problem. So do I on any other skins I've tried like Mimic and the regular Aeon NOx.

My bet is I probably messed something up.
(2015-03-16, 12:57)Alyy Wrote: HI mike,

When I leave, and I return to my playlist, I always come back to the first movie from list.

Sets (sagas) have to be setup manually, I use Movie Set Artwork Automater to set my artwork or just manually setup logos using the context menu.

The second part is a Kodi error and has not yet been fixed, so there is nothing I can do since it is not a skin issues.

(2015-03-17, 03:45)gemini88 Wrote: One question How do you set movie sets disc art its not showing or I just can't figure it out

Your question does not provide enough information and sending both a PM and also asking in the thread makes me not want to help Sad

(2015-03-17, 03:58)Squall13 Wrote: Sorry I didn't specify. I was just talking about the Single Background image one. I am just looking for the XML file responsible for storing the location of the background that people will be choosing. Like, I just wanted to know the XML that changes every time you choose a new single background image

I hope you can get what I'm trying to say here lol

With regards to the Movie Sets View Options. I also have this problem on anything with a "second level" like TV Shows with multiple seasons. If I change the view option on The Wire for example, it wouldn't reflect on other TV shows.

Do you think I fucked something up? Because you said you never had this problem. So do I on any other skins I've tried like Mimic and the regular Aeon NOx.

My bet is I probably messed something up.

All settings (Kodi and skin) are stored in guisettings.xml. I do not know what is going on with your setup but to my understanding if things like that work in other skins then it should work in this one.
(2015-03-17, 07:19)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 12:57)Alyy Wrote: HI mike,

Sets (sagas) have to be setup manually, I use Movie Set Artwork Automater to set my artwork or just manually setup logos using the context menu.

The second part is a Kodi error and has not yet been fixed, so there is nothing I can do since it is not a skin issues.

Movie Set Artwork Automater not found anything when I do an analysis ? how you made, you can show me ?
(2015-03-17, 12:54)Alyy Wrote: Movie Set Artwork Automater not found anything when I do an analysis ? how you made, you can show me ?

All the information you need is explained in the first post of the Movie Set Artwork thread. I'm assuming you're expecting it to download images for you, it does not do that you must download the images manually and set up the addon correctly. Follow the instructions in the thread.
Hi, I have problem whit my Sagas.

They do not appear in my playlist when I scrap,

In my HDD:

\Films\Evangelion\logo.jpg
\Films\Evangelion\poster.jpg
\Films\Evangelion\evangelion 1.0.mkv
\Films\Evangelion\evangelion 1.0.mkv

If I let all my videos in the same folder (\Films\all videos), the sagas are created automatically, but I do not have the logo that is displayed ?
Hi guys. Sorry but I'm not sure if this is the place to ask or the CU-Lyrics thread.

Anyway, how difficult it would be to make the lyrics look like this? Would there be some heavy xml editing? I'm not sure if widgets were involved there.

sample image courtesy of the Aeon Shednox Music Visualisation thread

Not too versed in XML. Unless I'm mistaken it's just making the background transparent, left justifying it and adding some shadowcolor.

Thanks
yeah, i have to say this is the best modded skin ever. i can't believe i waited so long to start using this instead of regular nox.

the ONLY thing i wish it had is the showcase mod that shows the bluray/dvd cases for the live cases
(2015-03-21, 03:47)knives of ice Wrote: yeah, i have to say this is the best modded skin ever. i can't believe i waited so long to start using this instead of regular nox.

the ONLY thing i wish it had is the showcase mod that shows the bluray/dvd cases for the live cases

Thank you for the compliment. However, I would be remiss in not explaining that a majority of what is included are great mods created by others I just incorporated into the skin so they would not get removed when updating. If I have time to add any further mods I will but I must inform you and others that read this thread that my time is currently extremely limited. So I plan on providing bug fixes and updates to keep it compatible with future Kodi releases more often than adding new features Sad
(2015-03-21, 03:47)knives of ice Wrote: yeah, i have to say this is the best modded skin ever. i can't believe i waited so long to start using this instead of regular nox.

Yes, given Mike started with a completed skin, and this project has gone on for months...what you have here is a skin on top of a skin. Many man hours for sure. But Mike seems to try really hard to help everyone, so he deserves the compliment.
hi we have uninstalled kodi and the skin we was using , we have reinstalled kodi and we are trying to use your skin , but we still get dependencies not met contact author error come up , we are trying this on windows 7 if that is the problem thanks
(2015-03-21, 15:04)flowerpot Wrote: hi we have uninstalled kodi and the skin we was using , we have reinstalled kodi and we are trying to use your skin , but we still get dependencies not met contact author error come up , we are trying this on windows 7 if that is the problem thanks

Please download the skin from the first post (first page of this thread) and also read that first post, because it tells you how to install it and what other addons you need to install to take the full advantage of this great mod.Here is the link to the first page: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210069

FYI, the skin is compatible on Windows so that should not be the problem.
Hi mike

Is it possible to get extra fanart working on movies background. seems can only use one image on nox 5. think they removed it for some reason was working on nox 4 i believe.

Do you know if its possible on your mod to include.

Thanks again
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55