• 25(current)
BOX
(2015-02-14, 20:37)Lionverse Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 00:55)DjCisco Wrote: Thats recommended, In Progress are those episodes one has started but not yet finished

Sorry, you are correct and thanks again for the updates. I just got my Raspberry Pi 2 and loaded it with OSMC and Box and it is running great! While you are pumping out the updates I thought I would throw out a few requests:

1- You had previously said you could add a toggle to return the album widgets to their previous behavior so selecting am album would have it start to play rather than open the track list.

2- During fullscreen music playback when the info is brought up it would be nice if the clock came up as well

3- When video is paused could there be an option for the info bar to show

4- I'm using the List Info view for TV episodes. Is it possible for the poster there to be the season poster rather than the all seasons poster?

I'm not sure if this last one will go along with your vision for BOX and I get if it doesn't but one thing I do find still missing from other skins is a dedicated episode view like that from Aeon Nox or Neon.

Thanks again for all your hard work and the great skin!

1. Due to the change of implementation on how the widgets work, this is not possible.

2. My philosophy for the info during music playback , is for it to be kept when playing music. Like having a party and letting the music play an everybody can simply see which song is playing. The focus is thus on the music only, So the clock would be out of place.

3. This is easily done, simply, press "i" on your keyboard, or if using a remote, simply map one of the keys to the infodialog.

4. Yes this can be done, I will add it.

5. Unfortunately as you already said , that view type of aeon nox simply doesnt fit with the BOX concept.
(2015-02-28, 12:52)DjCisco Wrote: 1. Due to the change of implementation on how the widgets work, this is not possible.

2. My philosophy for the info during music playback , is for it to be kept when playing music. Like having a party and letting the music play an everybody can simply see which song is playing. The focus is thus on the music only, So the clock would be out of place.

3. This is easily done, simply, press "i" on your keyboard, or if using a remote, simply map one of the keys to the infodialog.

4. Yes this can be done, I will add it.

5. Unfortunately as you already said , that view type of aeon nox simply doesnt fit with the BOX concept.

DjCisco thanks for the response.

Do you know who does development for that widget? Perhaps i can put in a request with them.

On #3 I know I can pull up the info at any time but I was hoping for the option to have it show by default while paused as some other skins do.

I love that you added the ability to select the home menu fanart but being able to select a folder would be even better.

Lastly in the latest update when you return to the home menu it is in the new minimized state ready to toggle between menus. I think it might be better if it went back to the active menu rather than the dark minimized state. Just my opinion.

Thanks again for all your work on this awesome skin!
Hello, I have 2 issues using BOX with its raspberry pi-version:

1. Selecting "Music" I have no option to select "files" to open music e.g. from a NAS.

2. In the infobox of a movie I can select "actors" and the list appears on the right, but I cannot select them. The selection remains on the left option-list.

Regards
Sebastian
(2015-03-24, 16:31)sebastianberlin Wrote: Hello, I have 2 issues using BOX with its raspberry pi-version:

1. Selecting "Music" I have no option to select "files" to open music e.g. from a NAS.

2. In the infobox of a movie I can select "actors" and the list appears on the right, but I cannot select them. The selection remains on the left option-list.

Regards
Sebastian
I'm using on a RP2 with OSMC and selecting a actor to bring up other titles they are in is working fine for me.

The music files option should be there if you scroll down. Also all the tiles are customizable so you can put it anywhere you want.
(2015-03-24, 23:52)Lionverse Wrote: I'm using on a RP2 with OSMC and selecting a actor to bring up other titles they are in is working fine for me.
The music files option should be there if you scroll down. Also all the tiles are customizable so you can put it anywhere you want.

Yes, thx, I could find file-option and finally customized the music-section.

BUT there is still the problem with the actors. Have a look at the attached screenshot! If I choose the actors (left arrow) I cannot switch with my remote control to the selection (right side).

BTW: I'm using the skin on a RP (B-Type) and "raspbmc running kodi (compiled: Feb 2 2015)"
(2015-03-25, 23:08)sebastianberlin Wrote: BUT there is still the problem with the actors. Have a look at the attached screenshot! If I choose the actors (left arrow) I cannot switch with my remote control to the selection (right side).

Like I said that is working for me on my RP2/OSMC (basically raspian) so I will leave that for the developer to answer
(2015-03-25, 23:08)sebastianberlin Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 23:52)Lionverse Wrote: I'm using on a RP2 with OSMC and selecting a actor to bring up other titles they are in is working fine for me.

Yes, thx, I could find file-option and finally customized the music-section.

BUT there is still the problem with the actors. Have a look at the attached screenshot! If I choose the actors (left arrow) I cannot switch with my remote control to the selection (right side).

BTW: I'm using the skin on a RP (B-Type) and "raspbmc running kodi (compiled: Feb 2 2015)"

When you select actors, the focus does not go immediately to the actors list. You simply need to navigate to the right to access the list.
(2015-02-14, 00:55)DjCisco Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 23:38)Lionverse Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 23:03)DjCisco Wrote: I dont rember how its sorted, I will revise it and choose the most appropiate order.
I believe it has always been most recently watched show (that still contains unwatched eppisodes) first

Thats recommended, In Progress are those episodes one has started but not yet finished

Hi there,

First things first: Thanks for creating Box Skin.
First time user of your skin (in the process of finding my perfect skin or probably Frankensteining my own). Loving what I've seen so far.

As a long time xb... Kodi user I have a very clear idea of what I need&like in my skin. As it will always happen there is no perfect skin (for me). Some have one thing I like, others have more and some are nearly perfect but have some anoyances... I will say Box is in this last group.

One of the things I find weird about it is the TVShows widgets. One, with the time has come accustomed to widgets working a certain "consensus" way and I feel box doesn't go the same way.

For example, the InprogessTvShows lists shows not in the expected last watched shows first, but it seems to be alphabetical... I came here and found posts 328,329,331 and 333 in this same thread related to the same issue.
In the last one you stated that the intention is to show "episodes one has started but not yet finished". Is this right? What I feel I'm getting is the shows with unseen episodes but in alphabetical order.

For me it is more useful to have the list of shows I'm currently watching and have unseen episodes... but in descending last-played order.

As you mentioned in post 329 I when and adapted InProgressTcShows.xsp to my liking. In fact I only needed to add 1 line (the one with the order tag). I thought of sharing in case anyone else finds it useful:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>InProgressTvShows</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="inprogress" operator="true" />
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
    <limit>20</limit>
</smartplaylist>

That way it's more useful for me. What would make it perfect will be for it to directly play the next unseen episode, instead of taking me to the seasons view of that series... But I'm guessing that's not your preferred way.

Anyway, again, thanks for creating Box.

EDIT: Forget about me... I found that intended behavior in RecommendedEpisodes (although I can't find the xsp file for that one to compare, but I changed also the order for InProgressEpisodes). Now I just would like to get more than 4 recommendations in the widget... Wink
EDIT2: Forget about me again. I found that going down on the widget list I get more entries... I'll just shut up until I have done my due diligences...
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Is there actually a way to start playing an episode directly, when in the "Ongoing series" widget?

Right now, you see all series you have unwatched episodes for (which is correct), but when you select on, you navigate to the show's directory.
Is there a way to just play the next unseen episode?

(Probably not :p but I want to make sure)[/align]
(2015-04-07, 16:22)Trickass Wrote: Is there actually a way to start playing an episode directly, when in the "Ongoing series" widget?

Right now, you see all series you have unwatched episodes for (which is correct), but when you select on, you navigate to the show's directory.
Is there a way to just play the next unseen episode?

(Probably not :p but I want to make sure)[/align]

Yes there is:

You can either use the "recommended episodes " or the "in progress episodes" widget.

To all:
Please note that there are widgets for "tvshows" and widgets for "episodes".

TvShow widgets show tvshows and episodes widgets show episodes.

It seems to me that people are expecting tvshow widgets to give episodes back. This is of course not the case
Hey DjCisco !

Thanks for all the work you've done and will be doing on Box.
Its an amazing skin, and it was exactly what I was seeking.

Just wanted to know if there was a way to set a specific default view type for all my tv shows.
They all appear differently and thats kinda boring :/

Thanks in advance for the answer !

Keep it going Smile
(2015-04-18, 02:35)Jbeuh77 Wrote: Hey DjCisco !

Thanks for all the work you've done and will be doing on Box.
Its an amazing skin, and it was exactly what I was seeking.

Just wanted to know if there was a way to set a specific default view type for all my tv shows.
They all appear differently and thats kinda boring :/

Thanks in advance for the answer !

Keep it going Smile

If I am not mistaken kodi does that for you. If you select any viewtype kodi will remembet your selection.
Hi !

I have just one problem. When I watch a 3d movie in SBS, the OSD is not shown in SBS. Is it supported ?

Thx
(2015-04-19, 23:43)romainh Wrote: Hi !

I have just one problem. When I watch a 3d movie in SBS, the OSD is not shown in SBS. Is it supported ?

Thx

I must say I have no expetience eoth 3D content. I havent implemented any special 3D features.

Do other skins have what you are asking for?
(2015-04-20, 19:01)DjCisco Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 23:43)romainh Wrote: Hi !

Thx

I must say I have no expetience eoth 3D content. I havent implemented any special 3D features.

Do other skins have what you are asking for?

I haven't tried any other skin as yours was very good for me. "confluence" has this 3D SBS OSD mode, and I didn't know if it was a feature to develop or if it was integrated natively in Kodi. As soon as your skin will support it (with a button to activate 3D in the OSD) I will be completely happy ! Big Grin
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17