• 266(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-03-26, 15:06)fritsch Wrote: You said, that your Audio is off by 175 ms. So change all of them to zero and see. We have 175 by default in OpenELEC, so that is what you are currently using.

Forgot to report, but obviously this worked perfect. Thanks.
(2015-03-28, 22:31)scottyboy Wrote: hello all,
apologies first if i put this on the wrong page and if so, could someone direct me please to the correct one!!!
i tried to install openelec standalone on a (celeron chromebox) following matt's instructions and have become stuck at the ctl-alt-f2 part. my keyboard worked fine with the ctl-D command to put into developer mode and then i disabled firmware write protect as instructed. rebooted and am unable to get the chromebox to recognize the ctl-alt-f2 command to start the e-z setup.
could it be a keyboard problem?
could i install openelec another way?
thanks and apologies again if i am in the wrong thread.
scott

did you restore using the recovery media after putting it in developer mode?
(2015-03-29, 00:22)fma965 Wrote: did you restore using the recovery media after putting it in developer mode?

One does not perform that step for a standalone setup
[/quote]

did you restore using the recovery media after putting it in developer mode?
[/quote]

no, i did not.
i saw a video on youtube stating this for dual boot but not standalone.
i would like to do standalone so i followed the instructions posted by Mat.
I am in developer mode as i leave the bootup sequence for 30 secs, followed by two beeps then it goes into chrome OS.
after which i don't log in and i think to myself "ok so far so good" but when i hit the commands ctl-alt-f2 i get nothing.

i'm lost......
(2015-03-29, 03:29)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 00:22)fma965 Wrote: did you restore using the recovery media after putting it in developer mode?

One does not perform that step for a standalone setup

oh yeah, my bad.
Chromebox Issue
Images get blurry when it is a fast paced action movie
I have a video with FPS and motion bars test
Please help me if you can..
Thanks!
Chromebox FPS Motion bar test
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I have an older TV (Samsung HLT-6187S circa 2008) and have been using xbmc/kodi for years using a windows based HTPC. Never had an issue with HDMI handshake. I recently switched over to openelec since I replaced my HTPC with the Asus chromebox. Both my older HTPC and the chromebox have HDMI handshake issues with my TV now that openelec is installed on both of them. When switching input to the chromebox/htpc all I get on the screen is a switching between a pink screen and a snow static screen. The TV senses that there is a signal because other wise it wouldn't allow switching to that input. Changing inputs to another input and them back does not help however, turning the TV off and then back on fixes the problem until the next time. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in also fixes the issue. I rather not have to turn the tv on and off or unplug/replug the HDMI cable every time I want to use kodi especially with the WAF being an issue. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
(2015-03-29, 10:34)scottyboy Wrote: no, i did not.
i saw a video on youtube stating this for dual boot but not standalone.
i would like to do standalone so i followed the instructions posted by Mat.
I am in developer mode as i leave the bootup sequence for 30 secs, followed by two beeps then it goes into chrome OS.
after which i don't log in and i think to myself "ok so far so good" but when i hit the commands ctl-alt-f2 i get nothing.

i'm lost......

what keyboard are you using? With a few logitech ones I have here (like the K360) sometimes I have to toggle the power switch off/on 1-2x before the CTRL-ALT-F2 will work on the ChromeOS login screen. If that doesn't work, simply try a different keyboard - there's nothing you are doing incorrectly.
(2015-03-29, 16:50)movie78 Wrote: Chromebox Issue
Images get blurry when it is a fast paced action movie
I have a video with FPS and motion bars test
Please help me if you can..
Thanks!
Chromebox FPS Motion bar test

almost certain that's not a chromebox issue, it's an issue with your TV's video processing. How about a link to the source video so others can test/confirm?
is this patch related to suspend audio problem ?
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...22115071a1
(2015-03-29, 19:14)Roby77 Wrote: is this patch related to suspend audio problem ?
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...22115071a1

only if you are manually overriding/supplying the EDID data for your display. The patch's function is described in the header Smile
ok matt, i'll give it another try and that of another keyboard.
thanks for the help and time you give to this thread.
scott
script update 2015-03-29 -- v3.16

- update OpenELEC to 5.0.7 (stable, Kodi 14.2 final)
- add script option for USB boot default for standalone firmware
(2015-03-29, 19:51)Matt Devo Wrote: script update 2015-03-29 -- v3.16

- update OpenELEC to 5.0.7 (stable, Kodi 14.2 final)
- add script option for USB boot default for standalone firmware

"- add script option for USB boot default for standalone firmware"

How would i run the script from a standalone firmware? just use chromium? great work.
(2015-03-29, 21:23)fma965 Wrote: "- add script option for USB boot default for standalone firmware"

How would i run the script from a standalone firmware? just use chromium? great work.

yeah, or pretty much any non-OE linux
  • 266(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37