• 7(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
The add on is working mostly great for me with a Tidal account. I selected the configuration option for 'Lossless". FLAC files stream through and sound stunning. I am not getting any coming through as ALAC however, but rather stream as AAC. Is this known behavior to stream lossy instead of ALAC for certain files or did I configure the add on incorrectly?
It appears to me that WiMP/Tidal are in the process of replacing their urls. The old urls for the HiFi service only contained reference to the Lossless flac encoded files.

Now they also contain reference to 96 kbps AAC lossy files. Presumably this is to support lower bandwidth connections.

If I'm right this add-on would have to be modified to form urls which would only make reference to the flac encoded streams. If that's possible.

An example is Somi's - If the rain comes first, which I used to be able to stream as lossless flac and I'm now only getting as a lossy 96kbps AAC.

I grabbed the urls and created a playlist which I ran through Foobar. Foobar shows all the info about the file and how it was encoded.

I'm seeing some tracks come in with multiple file names for .m4a lossy and .flac lossless streams. Where this happens the file is streaming as lossless flac.

Other tracks appear with a file name ending in .flac only and others with .m4a only.

Those with .m4a only are streaming as lossless 96kbps AACs.

My guess is they're in the process of creating multiple streams for different platforms/bandwidths; but at the moment some albums like this one from Somi are only coming through as .m4a lossy.

I hope they eventually correct this situation for us HiFi subscribers.
Quote:The add on is working mostly great for me with a Tidal account. I selected the configuration option for 'Lossless". FLAC files stream through and sound stunning. I am not getting any coming through as ALAC however, but rather stream as AAC. Is this known behavior to stream lossy instead of ALAC for certain files or did I configure the add on incorrectly?

OK I sent a message to Tidal customer support and they informed me that the album in question shouldn't be streaming at all, because the record company asked them to pull it.

They think the reason it's still streaming is that their database has not been updated yet.

The Tidal customer support guy also explained that some tracks/albums do stream in AAC lossy at 320kbps. This is indicated in the Tidal and WiMP apps, when the words "HiFi" are shown as Greyed out instead of Highlighted in white.

When you see files streaming as AAC in this add-on, you should also see them greyed out in the Tidal/WiMP apps.

Hope it helps,
geoff
So, tidal added support for videos, I wonder if anyone is interested in support for them
I have made some modifications

1) Added Video support
2) Login / Logout now works better (Only shows Login if not logged in and refreshes on login / logout)
3) Change to TIDAL branding and TIDAL default service (Wimp can still be chosen via settings)
4) Add auto login option
5) Hide 'Local Artists' etc if in TIDAL mode

Current Video Sections Supported:

Artist -> Videos (After Top Tracks)
What's New -> New Videos (After New Tracks)

https://github.com/matthuisman/kodi-tidal
https://github.com/matthuisman/kodi-tida...master.zip
Holy fucking shit balls. And I mean WOW WOW WOW.

So I just heard about a "new" streaming music service that from the looks of things is just another "Spotfi" service but owned by folks who happen to make the music. I go and do a bit of research on their site to see if there is any why I can hook up my KODi too it is some way. Nothing on the site. But I did see a "SqueezBox" post in the FAQ. So I was then thinking that there would be some sort of long and contorted mix of software tom foolery with messing about with the TIDAL web player and KODi or some sort of hacking. But no. NONE OF THAT. IT JUST WORKS!!!!!

One of the things that has put me off using services like Spotfi and the likes is that there has been no real support for third-party software like KODi. There is always some sort of "HACK THIS" and "PATCH THAT" Run this software in the background sort of messing about. And even then it is in a lower format than what you really want and that is FULL TOP OF THE LINE SOUND FORMATS like FLAC. It is always some sort of cut down quality format that really is no better than a "Pirate Bay" download.

This just does as you hope. Install add-on. Login. BINGO all your TIDAL stuff and it all works as you hope. And it is FLAC (from the stuff I have tested so far in the 5 minutes I have been playing with it) and Videos work too.

Somebody needs to get on to TIDAL and let them know that this is how it should be. We the end user don't need or want to mess about with hacking and patching and complicated workarounds just to hear/see the artists.

We just wish to hear/see there stuff in all it's glory with no limits on quality.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE THIS A THING THAT WORKS.

(Now if only the price for TIDAL was a little lower - Not sure I can afford $20 a month as I am not the richest guy in the world)
It's great when a company uses a proper API.
Makes great things like this add-on possible.

Even their web player uses their API, so it's easy to work out the API calls Smile

I take it you tried my version as videos were working.
Great to know it works for someone else as well

Interesting...
I have signed up for the standard plan (without FLAC) but I can still use FLAC through the script.
They may have forgot to disable this in the API
(2015-03-31, 08:58)matthuisman Wrote: It's great when a company uses a proper API.
Makes great things like this add-on possible.

Even their web player uses their API, so it's easy to work out the API calls Smile

I take it you tried my version as videos were working.
Great to know it works for someone else as well

Interesting...
I have signed up for the standard plan (without FLAC) but I can still use FLAC through the script.
They may have forgot to disable this in the API

Yeh I am using your github version. As for why you might be getting FLAC even on the standard plan maybe due to the fact you could (just like me) be on the TRAIL. When the trail ends. You may see your stuff go to the lower tier quality formats.

Just an idea.
(2015-03-31, 02:28)matthuisman Wrote: I have made some modifications

1) Added Video support
2) Login / Logout now works better (Only shows Login if not logged in and refreshes on login / logout)
3) Change to TIDAL branding
4) Add auto login option

Current Video Sections Supported:

Artist -> Videos (After Top Tracks)
What's New -> New Videos (After New Tracks)

https://github.com/matthuisman/kodi-tidal
https://github.com/matthuisman/kodi-tida...master.zip
Why copy and rebrand plugin instead of just improving already available one?
Also, if you completely rebranded to TIDAL you might as well remove "local playlists/etc" things from main menu as those are not available on tidal
(2015-03-31, 17:40)theli_ua Wrote: Why copy and rebrand plugin instead of just improving already available one?
Also, if you completely rebranded to TIDAL you might as well remove "local playlists/etc" things from main menu as those are not available on tidal

Well, the original name was just wimp (name of the other service)
I am on TIDAL, so thought it would be nice to have it as a TIDAL name / logo etc.
So, it's not like I have ripped off his add-on and changed his name for it.
The name was just the name of the service.

Wimp can still be selected in settings.

I think you will find a big influx of TIDAL uses shortly as it's launching in more countries, so made sense for me to do it.

Oh, I was wondering about the local music sections.
I might just hide them if it's in TIDAL mode.

Wonder if TIDAL will bring in own music - that's all that is missing for me
(2015-03-31, 11:34)Oddsodz Wrote: Yeh I am using your github version. As for why you might be getting FLAC even on the standard plan maybe due to the fact you could (just like me) be on the TRAIL. When the trail ends. You may see your stuff go to the lower tier quality formats.

Just an idea.

No, I selected the non hifi version, and on the Android App / web player - it won't allow me to switch to FLAC.
So, seems like they just hide the options, but the API still works Smile
(2015-03-31, 23:00)matthuisman Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 17:40)theli_ua Wrote: Why copy and rebrand plugin instead of just improving already available one?

I am on TIDAL, so thought it would be nice to have it as a TIDAL name / logo etc.

I think you will find a big influx of TIDAL uses shortly as it's launching in more countries, so made sense for me to do it.

well, renaming to something like "WIMP/TIDAL" would be the best imo (along with a service icon which is half tidal half wimp)
Looks like TIDAL have just changed their stream URLS a bit

rtmp.stream.tidalhifi.com/cfx/st/mp4:626551/20140909094810_37.m4a?Expires=1427839462&Signature=fjC7...

Anyone know what the corresponding KODI stream would be so I can update the addon?

rtmp://stream.tidalhifi.com app=/cfx/st/ playpath=mp4:626551/20140909094810_37.m4a?Expires=1427839462&Signature=fjC7... or something like that?
(2015-03-31, 23:07)theli_ua Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 23:00)matthuisman Wrote:

well, renaming to something like "WIMP/TIDAL" would be the best imo (along with a service icon which is half tidal half wimp)
we might want to consider moving more functionality to modules and have a thin "branding" addon for each. If they start diverging a lot though it will become increasingly difficult to maintain one for both. Contribute to wimpy at least so everyone will benefit.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8