blank screen problem
hi
i've just got my box based on Amlogic s805 and i have problem with kodi 14.2 , kodi 15 and latest Spmc
i got blank screen after first start launching screen
No problem with kodi 14.0

is there solution ?
i would like kodi 15 or latest spmc work to try H265 hardware support

thank you
regards
i don't think i'm the only one with this problem

nobody can't help me ?
Please help me i cant use spmc or kodi
When i launch it, i can see first launch screen and after that nothing !
Totally black screen, no menu, no interface
I have only clicks sound
Only version that works Is preinstalled kodi 14 rc
Thanks for your help
I'm thinking you really need to take this issue up with whoever sold you the device.
I think there are still issues with AMLogic processor support in Helix(14). I have an S802 based box and versions above the 13.1 it came with install, but go black after the install -until I found Stane's 13.2 with Amlogic support. The new Isengard works, but does not yet play AC3 Dolby on my box. Progress, but still more to be done, probably something minor as Stane's 13.2 works great!

EDIT: I suppose I should have said works great for h.264... I was mostly responding to the blank screen after install issue which sort of ever so slightly insubstantiates any H. 265 support if you can't even get a working GUI to attempt it.
13.2 versions don't have h.265 support.
strange thing is that only kodi 14.0 rc works without problem
i hope developers will solve the issue
The really strange thing is that we both have AMLogic 8XX processors and yours worked with 14RC, but I can't get 14.X to work(tried several), yet mine works with 15 Alpha & the 4/4/15 nightly I tried -just no AC3 5.1 Dolby working. Makes me think some of this must be related in part to differing firmwares or code differences or branches specific to our specific processor even though they're in the same family... or that there is just more work to be done on AML support -my money is on this group of "brilliant doing it cause it's there maniacs" to figure it out! I'd be afraid to even try without at least an 802, 805 and 812 of my own for testing.
Yep. All amlogic SoC are the same, but not all firmwares are equal.

I encourage users to do positive postings and share the brands of their working boxes. That'll put pressure on the non-working ones to fix their issues for their users, or just vanish into oblivion.
Right, with Koying's request in mind I can say, as I have said in other postings, that the CS918 I use is brilliant for my purposes. It costs peanuts off Amazon or similar and works extremely well.

EDIT: I have had the box for 16 months with zero problems and it runs 4.2.2, but I see now they can be had with 4.4. Depending on the server and Internet strength it will run HD 720 fine and even 1080.
Well, it seems that AC3 audio is working with my S802 after all and that I just had to enable passthrough and Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver options in the new app. AC3 played without those options enabled in Stane's 13.2 build -in fact you could even use the volume keys on the remote.. Live and learn -should have spotted it sooner.

Perhaps one less development issue.
i have tried to contact the seller but for now no answer
i'd really like can use kodi 15.0 Sad
(2015-04-09, 08:07)Koying Wrote: Yep. All amlogic SoC are the same, but not all firmwares are equal.

I encourage users to do positive postings and share the brands of their working boxes. That'll put pressure on the non-working ones to fix their issues for their users, or just vanish into oblivion.

Maybe the log will help you ?
well i have the same issue here. Any plan to fix that, dev team? Maybe there is something wrong in other place, i will try to search on the forum to get the answer and post updates on this issue.
(2015-04-13, 17:11)murielahick Wrote: well i have the same issue here. Any plan to fix that, dev team?

We can only fix things we know are wrong. I don't see any issues on my AMLogic S805 hardware when I test it. All we have now are various incomplete bug reports in a single thread, and most likely the people in this thread are not all having the exact same issue.

HOW-TO:Submit a bug report (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blank screen problem0