• 19(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix
(2015-04-08, 23:05)Jeffers24 Wrote: Hi, my question was prompted by last statement in previous post.
A better question may have been, 'What prompts a Kodi update of BGN?"

When there is a significant bunch of new features and fixes.

Tgx
Hi Tgx,
So am I correct in thinking you initiate the update via Kodi ?
In a word No.

Tgx makes the skin, and he updates this skin with bug fixes and new features, he does not update via kodi.

What you have been asking and quoting was worded wrong by the OP.
I understand your second sentence.
I don't understand your third sentence.
I was interested in when and how it is decided that one of Tgx's excellent cumulative updates is made available in the Kodi repository.
(2015-04-09, 13:53)Jeffers24 Wrote: I understand your second sentence.
I don't understand your third sentence.
I was interested in when and how it is decided that one of Tgx's excellent cumulative updates is made available in the Kodi repository.

When i see that there is a good bunch of updates and fixes, i ask the Kodi Team to publish the updated skin in the Kodi repository.

Tgx
A new important update is available on GitHub for testing.

The update brings a brand new user-friendly editor for the Home menu. The whole home menu is now managed by the skin.shortcuts addon, allowing complete freedom on home items (number, position, icons, backgrounds, labels, associated actions, etc...):

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...d62ae6a760

Tgx
Added support for Global Search:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...924a80acfa

Tgx

Hi Tgx, I came from using Amber skin (cause of Plexbmc integration) to yours due to the active development and plex integration. First I'd like to thank you for including Plexbmc integration into it! One thing that I really linked from Amber is that on the Home screen when I went to Movies and TV Shows, it showed the art of the recently added and also on deck items right above the shelf. Is that possible in your skin? I notice I can press up and then see them but for the wife and kids it'd be nice to just have it show up without pressing up. Possible?

Thanks again!
(2015-04-17, 17:47)Chambers Wrote: Hi Tgx, I came from using Amber skin (cause of Plexbmc integration) to yours due to the active development and plex integration. First I'd like to thank you for including Plexbmc integration into it! One thing that I really linked from Amber is that on the Home screen when I went to Movies and TV Shows, it showed the art of the recently added and also on deck items right above the shelf. Is that possible in your skin? I notice I can press up and then see them but for the wife and kids it'd be nice to just have it show up without pressing up. Possible?

Differently from Amber, in this skin you have to choose among Recently Added, Recommended/On Deck and Random (not in Plex Mode) items and a further click on the remote is required.

Thanks

Tgx
(2015-04-17, 17:47)Chambers Wrote: Hi Tgx, I came from using Amber skin (cause of Plexbmc integration) to yours due to the active development and plex integration. First I'd like to thank you for including Plexbmc integration into it! One thing that I really linked from Amber is that on the Home screen when I went to Movies and TV Shows, it showed the art of the recently added and also on deck items right above the shelf. Is that possible in your skin? I notice I can press up and then see them but for the wife and kids it'd be nice to just have it show up without pressing up. Possible?

Thanks again!

Yeah, definitely +1, I'd like that feature as well. Problem is, I'm using smart playlists and have "Movies" and "TV Shows" disabled on home screen, so, a workaround maybe? Maybe add option for custom "arrow up" menu like a submenus are already handled? Just food for thought.

But please don't further separate home screen.
Please wait for the next version. It will have a new engine for the home menu allowing infinite combinations of features.

Tgx
Thanks Tgx, looking forward to the next version. Hopefully one of the combinations is one that I am looking for. Thanks again for your hard work.
(2015-04-13, 17:17)Tgxcorporation Wrote: A new important update is available on GitHub for testing.

The update brings a brand new user-friendly editor for the Home menu. The whole home menu is now managed by the skin.shortcuts addon, allowing complete freedom on home items (number, position, icons, backgrounds, labels, associated actions, etc...):

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...d62ae6a760

Tgx

Can this be used with Kodi 15 Alpha?
(2015-04-20, 07:34)Jeffers24 Wrote: Can this be used with Kodi 15 Alpha?

The Isengard thread is for Kodi 15. You have to download from the master branch on Github.

Tgx
(2015-04-20, 08:11)Tgxcorporation Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 07:34)Jeffers24 Wrote: Can this be used with Kodi 15 Alpha?

The Isengard thread is for Kodi 15. You have to download from the master branch on Github.

Tgx

Hi Tgx,

My experience of Github is a big 0 I have had a look but could not make enogh sense of it to know where to go for download

Any chance of pasting a link to download the Kodi 15 version in your BGN 4.0.0 thread.

Will this be a development version, so need to unzip the zip?

Thanks
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix3